I visited the Costa Calero for the fourth time in June 2013 with a group of friends. It is the perfect place for a relaxing break in the sun. We had a room with its own garden which overlooked the pool, what more could you want! We used our free pass to the hotel's thalassotherapy spa and had a wonderful time making full use of the gym and water treatments. Meals were buffet style and offered a reasonably wide choice of dishes and we enjoyed eating breakfast on the outside terrace. We went down to the port several times for drinks and coffees which was at the bottom of a short hill where there were also some high end shops selling designer goods. We also visited the market that is held there once a week.
The hotel runs a free bus into Puerto del Carmen a few times a day which is a bonus. The staff were friendly and many remembered us from previous visits, We were all inclusive and they serve branded spirits as part of this which many hotels do not.
My only criticism is of the hair dryer in the bathroom, it is impossible to style your hair whilst having to manually hold down a button the whole time to keep it on, they need updating asap. Overall, a great place for a relaxing holiday, hence why we and many others keep
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Puerto Calero
- Costa Calero
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Calero
- Iberostar Costa Calero
- Hotel Costa Calero Lanzarote/Puerto Calero
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for complete relaxation in a luxurious setting in the Canary Islands, allow yourself to be won over by the charms of the Hotel Costa Calero, a magical holiday resort built in 2004 and featuring details of Lanzarote's traditional architecture and lush tropical gardens of 27.000m2. The wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean to be enjoyed from our delightful hotel are an invitation to rest and relaxation on Lanzarote, although we also have a modern thalassotherapy centre providing treatments under medical supervision, a new concept in spas to restore mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Costa Calero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.