Stayed at the Costa Calero in October. We didn't get the sea view room we had booked and paid for and when we asked for change the reception informed us the hotel was full. We had a ground floor room and it was a nice size but a little dark and dingey at times. The room was very clean and the maid service was excellent. Most of the staff we encountered were very plesant. I agree with the other reviews that comment on the bar opening times and the fact that there is only one bar open most of the time with only two staff on. The pools were nice and we never struggled to get a sun bed. The food had alot of variety but was really bland. It needed a bit more flavour and got repetitive towards the end of the week. It was good that on the AI you could get a bottle of wine for your table. I admit the hotel was full of the older generation but so what! They were great company and were up dancing later and longet then most of us!! The main reason why I wouldn't reture to this hotel is the lunch time eating arrangements it was full of birds flying about and cats begging. At one stage the birds were pooing on the table next to us it feels like a service station eating area not a 4*hotel. If you do not like cats then do not stay here because they are all over. Asleep in the foyer, in the bars and resting at whatever furniture or area they like. My chikdren enjoyed the disco and the kids club staff were friendly and a credit to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for complete relaxation in a luxurious setting in the Canary Islands, allow yourself to be won over by the charms of the Hotel Costa Calero, a magical holiday resort built in 2004 and featuring details of Lanzarote's traditional architecture and lush tropical gardens of 27.000m2. The wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean to be enjoyed from our delightful hotel are an invitation to rest and relaxation on Lanzarote, although we also have a modern thalassotherapy centre providing treatments under medical supervision, a new concept in spas to restore mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Costa Calero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Puerto Calero
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Calero
- Iberostar Costa Calero
- Hotel Costa Calero Lanzarote/Puerto Calero