“Catlanza” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail with us on our impressive Catamaran to the beautiful Papagayo beaches. Catlanza´s memorable crew will look after you, so relax with a drink in hand from the open bar and watch out for dolphins and whales. Swim and snorkel in the crystal clear waters. Take an exhilarating jetski ride around the bay. Perfect for families or choose Platinum for the adults only. All drinks and lunch included.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Catlanza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We did this trip with my parents and booked with Tompson Adults only, great day out be prepared this time of year for the trip to be cancelled or the destination be changed due to the weather sea conditions, we are used to these trips be prepared to get wet even if you do not get of the Cat, be aware sitting at the front of the cat in higher swells and due to the speed the water comes over its very refreshing and great fun. The highlight for me was going on the jet ski you are acompanied by and instructor who drives and it will take 3 perons if you wish, its not for the faint hearted as he can go very fast. Please inform on booking the trip direct with Catlanza if you have any special food requirements. Drinks are included alchol or not, you can also book this trip to take children with you.

Visited November 2012

High Wycombe
3 attraction reviews
“Always the best day of the holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have been sailing with Calanza for the last 4 years and my children love it - it is definitely one of the highlights of the holiday, and when you're covering four children from 7 to 16 it is hard to find things they all love! Don't be put off if you're "adults only" though - Catlanza do sailings for families and adults.

The trip starts when you are collected by coach in resort; there are plenty of collection points so you never have to walk too far! On arrival into Puerto Calero you're met by one of the Catlanza team (usually Rosie, who is lovely) who explains what is going to happen and then you have a bit of time to look round Puerto Calero, get a snack or whatever before getting on the boat.

Once the cat is out in open water you can go and sit on the nets or round the outside of the boat; we've been in July and August and whilst it is busy there is always room, you never feel "sardined". Keep an eye open for flying fish - and dolphins! We've seen flying fish every year but the dolphins only once (maybe that is why my kids keep wanting to go!). When the boat moors up at Papagayo there is a slide lowered into the sea and everyone has great fun going down that. There are loads of fish to see and snorkel sets are provided so anyone who wants to can go and swim. You can also dive off the side of the boat (if that is your thing!). The jetski ride is the obvious highlight and there is plenty of time so everyone gets a go.

My youngest son was given crayons and pictures to colour in this year as he doesn't like swimming in the sea and one of the crew gave the children "tattoos" and pirate bandanas as well - all nice little touches which mean everyone feels included.

The food and drink is plentiful and yummy - pasta, bread, salad to eat and I can recommend the cocktails!

Sailing back you tend to get a bit wet if you sit on the nets - sometimes more than others - but it is always great fun and the kids love it as the waves come crashing over; my 13 year old always sits right at the front to ensure he gets a soaking.

The crew are great, really friendly and helpful. Catlanza isn't the cheapest day out you will find on the island but it is real value for money and I don't hesitate to recommend it. As we were leaving the boat this year my sons were already if we could go again next year.

If you don't have a rep in your resort you can book Catlanza online or drop into their office at Puerto Calero and book directly. There is a small discount for booking online.

Visited August 2012
West Calder, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“My Birthday Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a fabulous day out and such a great crew. They made my birthday so special, everyone sang Happy Birthday and I got a bottle of Bubbly. The drinks were nice and cool, and the food excellent. I couldnt do the jump into the sea or the jet ski as i am disabled, but my daughter did and she said its was amazing. The water was crystl clear and I loved watching over the edge at the fish and those tiny wee crabs running along the sea bottom. I will definately be going on that trip again, and hopefully my surgery will have taken place so that i too, can ride on the jet ski and swim in a blue ocean.

Visited October 2012
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic trip on the Catlanza to the wonderful beaches of Papagayo. Everything you could ask for of a trip out on the sea. We paid for the adults trip and it was brilliant. We seated ourselves on the nets at the front and enjoyed the inclusive champagne cocktails and beer whilst being overcome by the beauty of the views. Once at the beaches, you get the chance to go down the slide into the sea, snorkel and see all the shoals of fish around the boat and have a go on the jet ski.
It is such a fun packed but relaxing day and I would definitely recommend 100%

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Day, Definitely a must do.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I went on the boat recently with my family, two teenagers aren't always the easiest to find things they both want to do but they loved the trip, the whole family did. It is great for people of all ages really. Even Mike really enjoyed himself and I got an amazing tan as in had safety netts at the front to sunbath on. Its not the cheapest but completely worth the money as food, drink and a jet ski are included in the price. We will definitely be going on it again next year. I highly recommend it.

Visited September 2012