When we arrived for a week's All Inclusive stay at this hotel we were delighted at the attractiveness of the hotel and pool areas. However this was quickly ruined by awful customer service. First of all we arrived at the restaurant to be told that men had to wear trousers. It was very hot and my boyfriend wanted to wear shorts and had in fact only taken shorts on holiday. At no point during booking were we informed of this policy. His options were to borrow some trousers from the hotel (which were all tiny) or go and buy some. Being our first night and unaware of the area, he chose to borrow some and had to sit in trousers that were uncomfortable and he couldn't do up. The worst thing about this situation was at no point was anyone apologetic or sympathetic to the situation. The following morning we went out to the pool areas, of which there are 3, only to discover no available sunloungers. Again, we asked staff to help us and again we were given no explanation or help! We spent the first day lying on the grass! We then discovered through word of mouth that you only get a sunlounger if you are out at 7am to reserve one! Not what you expect from a supposed 5 star hotel. We grew unfortunately to accept poor customer service throughout our stay at this hotel. If you are able to do this then it is a beautiful hotel and the food is amazing and varied each day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hesperia Lanzarote hotel is located on the easternmost island of the Canary archipelago – offering guests a tropical respite from the stresses of everyday life. The serenity of your surroundings is enhanced by a list of services and amenities designed to make each moment feel magical. Four swimming pools, four restaurants, four bars, extensive gardens, a unique volcanic sand beach complete with a pier and our acclaimed Spa and Sports Club offer endless opportunities to unwind and surrender to sublime relaxation. Panoramic views follow you from the moment you enter our lobby (where you'll be greeted with a complimentary drink) all the way to your guest room. There, a private terrace, spacious bathrooms and satellite television create an oasis of luxury. Our friendly staff is happy to provide any help you'll need exploring the island. Or, linger at the hotel for a moonlit dip, a cocktail at the Piano Bar or a delicious seaside meal at La Caleta.Whether you seek romance, tranquility or fun, the Hesperia Lanzarote hotel is an ideal destination for couples, friends and families. There is an endless list of things to do and experience here at the resort, and the main beaches, tourist centers and all sorts of fun outdoor activities are all just a few minutes away. Guests of all ages will enjoy our range of entertainment options, and youngsters will revel in the fun activities we offer for little ones alongside Hesperio, our mascot.The resort also serves as an excellent starting point for exploring all that the island of Lanzarote has to offer. The island, which was declared a Biosphere Reserve in 1993, is truly one of the world’s most spectacular paradises. From playing a round of golf to exploring Timanfaya Natural Park, scuba-diving through underwater paradises or simply lounging in the sun, there is truly something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hesperia Lanzarote Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Lanzarote Puerto Calero
- Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote
- Hesperia Hotel Lanzarote
- Hesperia Lanzarote Hotel Puerto Calero