As you drive onto the grounds of the Chateau des Briottieres, you will be blown away by the view of the grounds and the chateau. It's truly beautiful and is in such great condition - retaining it's classical beauty and charm.
The chateau belongs to Francois and his wife, passed down through the family over a number of generations. It is their family home - opened to guests to enjoy as well. As a result, this shows in their attitude towards their guests - a great pride of the place and a family welcome.
We were personally greeted by Francois at our arrival who then showed us to our room. Francois is really humble and gentle and for those not speaking French - his English is very good!
The interior is grand and the furnishings are all very quaint and representative of the history of the place. Our room was in the main building on the second floor. Other guests were in the greenhouse or other small buildings. Our room was large and spacious and the interior and furniture were fitting of the countryside.
Francois hosted us for dinner which was a delight. He is a great host and his mandate is to interact with his guests and get to know you as he has welcomed you into his home. He does not pretend to be a fine dining restaurant but a family that provides home cooked meals - which were fresh, delicious and homely. The chateau is a real supporter of the local produce - which you'll see in the food and wine. It was a bit on the pricey side so take the opportunity to explore the area as well as dining in-house.
We were very lucky with the weather having come after many months of rain.
We felt very special during our stay - thank you Francois!
Beds were comfortable and large
Turnover service is quick and thorough
No picnics - this means you are not able to bring food into the estate from outside. Breakfast and dinners are served by Francois and the family should you wish to eat there.
The grounds are vast and there are plenty of activities - tennis, table tennis, pool, soccer, trampoline, lounge rooms
If you're expecting a modern style hotel - this is not for you but you will be so surprised and pleased with what this place has on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sumptuous,Peaceful,Romantic,Historical HideawayThis is not a hotel, it's the owner'sstunninghistorical home that has been in his family for more than 7 generations and you certainly get the feeling are you are staying in someone'shome.If you don't like unnecessary'overattention'your stay will be chilled out.The cushions, the antiques, the bathrooms , the towels, the bathroiom goodies, the curtains , the little touches are all tasteful and classy.It is so peaceful.The grounds are gracious with the prettiest swiiming pool in an old , walled garden.The tennis court is of a very high standard.It is an absolute gem of a place and youwill be stunned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo and Odigeo so you can book your Chateau des Briottieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Des Briottieres Hotel Champigne
- Chateau Des Briottieres France/Champigne