“Good stay in a beautiful ancient town” 5 of 5 stars

Reyhani Kasri Hotel
Teker Mah. 1. Cad. No:163 Mardin Merkez, Mardin 47100, Turkey   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Mardin B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Good stay in a beautiful ancient town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The Reyhani has a very central location to explore ancient Mardin. The building is beautiful (probably restored old building) and has gorgeous views of northern Mesopotamia. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was very good hotel (that's why it is ranked for the 1st of all Mardin hotels). It has a good location, many shops and also a bazaar very close to hotel.
Very beautiful building. Hotel has 3 terraces from where you can enjoy the view (city and fields), really beautiful views. People in Mardin are friendly and hotel stuff speaks decent English. Everything I needed to ask - I got an answer.
Rooms are good, had a double room, big bed (comfortable), table, spacious wardrobe, kettle, cafe cups (allthough no cafe or tea packs in the room). Big tv with some English channels. Bathroom with a shower cabin, hairdryer, enough towels (I hate when hotel provides only one big towel, they had 3 big towels and some smaller ones). Very staisfied with cleaning.
Breakfast is served on the 3rd floor (also possible to eat outside on the terrace). Plenty of choice - different cheeses (maybe to salty for me), bread, hummus, eggs (bolied and fried), cereals, jams, different things to spread the bread. And of course Turkish tea (and a regular tea), some juices and possibility to order fresh juice from carrots, oranges and apples (5 liras).
During evenings we had a set menu, consisting of soup (tomato or lentil or chickpea soup) and main course (kebap or meat with rice).
Hotel offers wifi connection and also has 2 computers on the ground floor which were quick enough to use them.
One minus for the hotel is that there are no doorsills under the room's door, so you can hear people walking in the corridor and if you are trying to sleep you can see the corridor light blinking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was one of the best hotels we found in Turkey and we stayed in some nice places. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, modern, comfortable and a good size. The entire hotel was clean and modern. It's location is perfect with easy access to everything incredible Mardin has to offer. But the views are what sets this place apart. All the rooms on the south side have amazing views over the town and across the Mesopotamian plains all the way to Syria. I know many rooms don't have much of a view but the restaurant deck and especially the Sky Terrace on the roof make up for this lack. Can't say enough. And, Mardin and SE Turkey is VERY safe. Don't let it's proximity to Syria deter you. We met wonderful people everywhere. Especially Kurds!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have the view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

when I was sataying in the hotel there was too much raining but the staff was soo helpfull so that we didnt boried in the hotel.. İt is very clean hotel and the food also breakfast was very good.. Its in the middle of the old city center so that you can feel the city atmosphere.. you can watch to mezopotamia at night with a nice landscape... I will stay in this always when I will be there, couse its very confortable hotel for family and couple. I would like to say many thanks for giving me nice hospitality to all of the staff... :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Swanmore, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed in several well-known hotels in Eastern Turkey in September 2011, but this was by far the best. Our room and the lobby have all been recently and very tastefully designed, furnished and decorated -- and the hotel's location is central with wonderful views over the Mesopotanian valley far below. There is n attractive terrace next to the breakfast room, again with great views. The staff and the manager were very courteous. Our one and only gripe was the coffee at breakfast and the fact that the tray of fried eggs was not refreshed. Come on now, Turkish hotels: instant coffee is just not acceptable!
But we'd forgive them for thse minor failings. A lovely hotel and professionally managed.
And by the way...Mardin dangerous? Quite ridiculous. The people were absolutely lovely, as they were throughout our eight days.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony/terrace
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ankara, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I reserved this hotel a while ago for three nights. The day before I was going to go to Mardin, my guide warned me that this area was dangerous (terrorist activity). I immediately cancelled my plans and cancelled my booking. I called them to let them know. I also asked whether they can help me with the cancellation fee (I booked through booking.com and did not notice that their fee was %50 of the total price--50% of three nights' stay). They called me the next day, the day I was supposed to arrive, and pretended not to know that I called them the day before, immediately after I learned about the security problem. Then, they claimed that they would have not charged me if I had not used booking.com but now they had to follow the procedure and charge me the cancellation fee. I know from my talks with other hotel owners who use booking.com that they have the option. So, my understanding is that they lied to me (by blaming booking.com).
I suggest you book with a more friendly hotel as you may need to cancel in the last minute, too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Upon our arrival, the hotel seemed to be up to my expectations. Well located in the center of Mardin, Reyhani Kasri looked beautiful from the time I could first see it from the main street and the same impression continued when I entered the lobby -though the sofas looked a bit cheap.

However, positives did not continue, and numerous disappointments were to come:
- The room we were initially assigned faced a brick wall (!) and had no terrace, so I went back to reception to remind them that I had booked a room with a terrace.
- They said that all terrace rooms had double beds, so because we needed twin beds, we had been given a back-facing twin-bedded room (without having being told that the room would be of a lower category or being asked if we agreed). Totally unacceptable -usually hotels give an upgrade especially when the establishment is almost empty, not a downgrade!
- After insisting and being shown several rooms, the head receptionist finally gave us a decent terrace room and offered to add an extra bed (which by the way was a normal bed, which was nice). The decoration and the size of the room met my expectations, so we took that room.
- However, the terrace furniture was filthy, and we needed to clean up the terrace table and armchairs ourselves before being able to use them. Totally unacceptable again.
- Further using the room, the shower drainage leaked and flooded the bathroom, and there was no soap holder.
- As it was August, it was more than 35°C during daytime and the halls of the hotel were very warm. I therefore turned on the A/C in the corridors (which could be done manually) and much to my astonishment, some hotel staff turned it off again just after I had left, obviously to save money. I tried it several times and the exact same occurred again and again. This had never happened to me before in any hotel in the world.
- We asked the head receptionist for a restaurant recommendation (it was at the time of Bayran, so the hotel restaurant was closed) and he gave us a very good address nearby, adding that the place was not licensed. When we got there, they served beer and wine. How can such inaccurate advice be given when the restaurant is only 100m down the road in a small town such as Mardin?
- At breakfast, some dishes were still cellophane-covered and I needed to open them myself. Then the waiter sat passively (we were the only guests at the time we had breakfast) making a very long & loud personal phone call during most of the time we had breakfast. He was dressed inappropriately and his attitude was obviously quite unprofessional. Unacceptable once more.
- Upon check-out, the head receptionist gave me a wanted to charge me a price in TL which was materially higher than the price of my booking (which was quoted in Euro). The explanation given was that the Fx rate had changed since I made my booking, and that I therefore needed to pay more!!! This was both totally unacceptable and unheard of. After needing to negotiate, the head receptionist accepted however to use the proper Fx rate based on the price quoted on my booking.

Based on my experience ad described above, I would certainly not recommend Reyhani Kasri Hotel to anyone nor would I ever go back again. The hotel is definitely not professionally run nor and the staff are inappropriately trained, which is not what one would expect when one pays just under 140€ a night in Mardin.

Room Tip: Check that the room which you are given corresponds to the room you have booked, and that the price...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Reyhani Kasri Hotel? Share your experiences!