My finance and I chose Belize and St. George's Caye Resort for our destination wedding. We are so glad we did, it really was a dream vacation and wedding. We chose the resort sight unseen based on reviews and an article in a destination bridal magazine. Ashley made planning from the states an easy process. This type of wedding and location is not for control freaks though! Together with 30 of our family and friends we rented out the entire resort. From the first moment of arrival everyone you encounter at St. George's Caye Resort is friendly and welcoming. The island and resort are big enough to offer excursions for guests wanting a bit more excitement, but plenty to do if they wanted to stay a little closer to their cabanas. Our group explored Mayan ruined, cave tubed, kayaked, sailed on the Hobie cats, snorkeled, took scuba lessons in the pool and just enjoyed the beautiful beach. There really was something for everyone to enjoy. We loved having everyone eat together in the lodge for our meals. If we had stayed at any other type of resort we never could have managed to have everyone together for meals (can you imagine 30 people agreeing on a restaurant!). I'm a very picky eater and the chef made sure I never came close to going hungry.
Our wedding day was perfect, right down to the weather. Ashley and Barry opened up their home to me, my bridesmaids and parents for me to get ready in the peace and full blast air conditioning. Ashley and the spa manager arranged to have an extra person on staff to do our hair. It was a bit unnerving to have someone do your hair through a translator, but she did the most amazing job I could have imagined. Far better than my consult in the states with my own hairdresser. While I was busy getting ready the resort staff were prepping the outdoor area for our wedding. I did not see any of it until my father and I walked down the aisle. The scene belonged in a magazine. I had inquired about using turquoise ties on the guests chairs to match our wedding colors, but was told they didn't have any, which was understandable. Ashley had a trick up her sleeve and had them for the wedding, but left it as a surprise. It was so wonderful! As my father and I walked from the house to the wedding we passed the entire staff of the resort as they gathered in front of the lodge to watch the wedding, along with a few residents of the island. They all started clapping and cheering as we passed, you could truly feel the warmness and happiness they felt for us and our family and friends. The Belizian people treated us this way the entire time. Ashley helped us find the most amazing wedding photographer to capture our once in a lifetime experience. She also contracted a local band to play the night away as we celebrated. Ashley really made it such an easy and enjoyable experience to plan our wedding. I can't image starting our life together in any other location in the world. St. George's Caye is a wonderful treasure.
- Also Known As:
- St. George`s Caye Hotel
- St. George`s Caye Hotel St. George`s Caye
- St Georges Caye Hotel
- St. George's Caye Resort Belize/Belize Cayes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. George’s Caye Resort is a secluded paradise located on a private residence island just seven miles from Belize City. Accessible only by boat, St. George’s Caye feels miles away from everyday life thanks to its cozy cabanas, breathtaking views of the Caribbean, and the highest level of service in Belize. Divers, anglers and those looking to just get away from it all will find everything they desire at St. George’s Caye Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your St. George's Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.