Barry and his staff made for a relaxing and wonderful vacation for my daughters and I! The reviews I read were spot on for describing this gem. I don't get to travel often, so I was very happy to find the resort even better than I expected. I loved the comfortable, almost family-like feel that comes with staying here. We loved meeting Barry's wife and their beautiful little girl, who was often on the hip of one of the staff. Eli and Elban, the two Belizean brothers working the bar and serving meals were very engaging and left nothing for want. My daughters are 19 and 21, and while I was a little worried they might be bored with no nightlife or shopping on the island, they thoroughly enjoyed exploring the island and relaxing their stay away. We all wish we were back there!
We stayed on ocean side in wonderful, clean cabanas, and were very grateful for the constant ocean wind. I can see though why the calmer "bay" side would appeal to others. The food was incredible! And once again, they bent over backwards to accommodate individual tastes and likes. The "family style" dining was a new experience for us on vacation, and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting the other guests and sharing our days over the fresh juices, daily homemade breads and fresh, interesting meals. We learned that a lot of the produce came from the family farms of Eli and his brother back on the mainland. It couldn't be more fresh and delicious. I'm not sure if they appreciate the farm-to-table nature of it that so many restaurants in my area are trying to achieve! The grounds of the resort were impeccably maintained, and the island itself was a treat to explore. We made great use of the kayaks, and got to take a sail on the hobie cat around the island (thanks Eli!! He took me out on one of his breaks!). Everything was available for use whenever you wanted, just grab them off the beach. Mostly, we just relaxed on the beach or in our hammocks reading and enjoying the warm sun. The highlight of the trip was a dive trip with Jose, the dive master. I'm certified but my girls were not, but after their pool course with Jose, they were very comfortable on our reef dive-which was incredible!!
All said and done, an incredibly relaxing stay! From being met on time at the airport to putting us back on the plane, and everything in between, we wanted for nothing. Barry runs a smooth, fun operation! I can see that this resort is not for everybody though. It's not all shiny and new. There's no beer-pong and out of control kids. But, if you want to kick back and relax I can't think of any place better. I can see this as a great place for honeymooners or a romantic get away. And if you want to dive, cave tube, tour temples, etc., it's all available for the asking. I can only hope to get back to that cabana some day....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. George’s Caye Resort is a secluded paradise located on a private residence island just seven miles from Belize City. Accessible only by boat, St. George’s Caye feels miles away from everyday life thanks to its cozy cabanas, breathtaking views of the Caribbean, and the highest level of service in Belize. Divers, anglers and those looking to just get away from it all will find everything they desire at St. George’s Caye Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your St. George's Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. George`s Caye Hotel St. George`s Caye
- St Georges Caye Hotel
- St. George's Caye Resort Belize/Belize Cayes