“Definitely more than a 3 star” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga to your Saves list
Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Playa Cala Llonga Santa Eulalia del Rio, 07840 Cala Llonga, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Cala Llonga
Bath, United Kingdom
“Definitely more than a 3 star”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just returned from an incredibly relaxing holiday at the Fiesta hotel. It was our first adult only hotel and we were so happy with our choice. It was just so peaceful and relaxing. I'm 3 months pregnant which cold have made things trickier as I'm finding it tough to find things to eat but there was always a great selection of food for me as well as non-alcoholic drinks to enjoy. The room was lovely, spotless and an amazing shower plus hair dryer that actually dries!! We were in room 228 which gave us a side ocean view and was very very quiet. Its worth checking on arrival which package you're on as we thought we were just regular AI but turned out we were deluxe which included snacks and ice creams. Lunch isn't available until 13:30 so being pregnant I would have struggled without the snacks!! We ate in both a la crates and they were both great, you have 3 visits of your choice included in AI package. The animations team were there and did ask if you wanted to join in but a simple no thanks and they were on their way not pushy at all. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful in fact. The courtesy room for your last day was amazing, not just a luggage room but a whole bedroom to have a shower and get dressed before pick up! A couple things which stopped me giving top points, one was the sun lounger hoggers, no point in having a 'no reserving' rule if there's no enforcement of it, several days the two next to us didn't appear until 2pm despite their towels being there from 830!! And the entertainment is very repetitive, although this didn't have any impact on our holiday it might to some.the third thing is the dreaded twin beds, not linked together, I hate this and we spent the whole week falling down the crack in the night!! Lol

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the food and found the staff o be friendly and helpfull.
We are hapy to know that you spent a relaxing holiday and hope to see you again in the future.
Vicente Torres. Manager

522 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The title of my review tells you more or less all you need to know about this hotel. There really is nothing of any great consequence not to like about it. A particular strong point is the staff who are, without exception, extremely polite, friendly and helpful. The hotel's position is pretty much perfect too, sitting as it does to one side of the cove, with direct access to the sea, the beach being just 100 yards away. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the quality of the food is excellent as is the choice; I defy anyone not to be able to find something to their taste. If none of the hot dishes are to your taste there is a range of salad items on offer every night. It's the same story at breakfast time where there is a choice between a traditional English hot breakfast or a contintental breakfast - or both if you wish! The only aspect which I could criticise is the fact that the nightly entertainment was indoors - it would have been better for this to have been on the stage outside where there was some live entertainment during the day. I understand that this is due to the revocation of the hotel's night-time entertainment licence. Even bearing this in mind, I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel. NB. I haven't scored the Children's Activities as this is an adults only hotel.

Room Tip: As the hotel is built right onto a hillide the rooms at the rear don't have a view to speak of.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your feed back. Your opinions are always wellcome because they show us if we are on the right way or we have to improve any of our services. I shall be very pleased to forward your nice comments about the staff to all my team and I am hapy to know that you enjoyed the meals and you found the rest of the services and the hotel position perfect. Once again, thank you for your review and hope to see you again in the near future.
Vicente Torres. Manager
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have just returned from a week’s holiday at the Fiesta booked with Thomson Holidays and were very impressed with the hotel.
Although the property is listed as a 3 star, I would definitely class it as a 4 star hotel.
What makes the hotel extra special is the staff. They are a credit to the hotel and are so friendly and very hard working. From the moment you arrive at reception to check in you are made to feel at home. I must mention in particular the lady who always greets you with a smile in the buffet restaurant and Chris and Fernando in the pool bar area.
We booked a standard room with sea view, which was spotlessly clean with a good shower in the bathroom. The air conditioning worked very well and the room also had a free safe and fridge, which we used to store our bottled water. The balcony had an excellent view of the Cala Llonga beach and the room also had tea & coffee making facilities. The room was cleaned daily and towels changed if required.
We went all inclusive and quality and selection of food in the main buffet restaurant was excellent. As part of the all inclusive deal you can also dine 3 times in one of the 2 “a la carte” restaurants- Mediterranean and Sushi. The Mediterranean was very good but we didn't try the Sushi as it's not for us. I would suggest booking the “a la carte” restaurants early as they do get booked.
There is a good size pool and plenty of sun beds around plus free towels. There are also some steps down to an extra sun area with sun beds right by the sea and a nice sea breeze. From here you can enter the sea from the rocks and swim in the lovely bay.
The main beach, which is a blue flag, is only a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Here you will find sun loungers etc. but they are expensive. Cala Llonga is a very quite resort with only a few shops and bar/restaurants but this was perfect for us.
Across the bay there is a boarding point for the local boats, which will take you to Ibiza Town, Formentera, Santa Eulalia or Es Cana. We went to Es Cana (about a 45 minute journey) and it cost Euro 12 per person. Near the beach there is an information kiosk with details on the boat/bus times and located here also is the bus stop.
There is entertainment/activity’s at the hotel arranged by the entertainment team of Silvio and Frederica but these are fairly low key and if you don’t wish to join in they just smile and move on. The evening entertainment generally starts at 10pm and runs for about an hour. We only looked in one night when they had some dancing but otherwise we stayed by the outside bar (level below) after dinner.
Transfer time from Ibiza airport to the hotel is about 30 minutes. We were lucky as our hotel was the first drop-off point for the Thomson’s coach.
We would definitely come back to the Fiesta Hotel, Cala Llonga.

Room Tip: Booked standard room with sea view with Thomsons but found that other guests were automatically give...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Director of Sales at Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time writing this nice review about the hotel and Cala Llonga. We are very pleased to know that you found the staff friendly and hard working and we shall forward this review to all of them.
Awaiting the pleasure to seeing you again next year. Vicente Torres. Manager
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was our first time in Ibiza and the Hotel fiesta certainly lived up to it's reputation. I shall just reiterate what most of the reviews have already said,
Food was of excellent quality plenty of choice and well presented.The Location was outstanding and quiet, just what we wanted. if you wanted to venture to somewhere more lively, Ibiza town and St Elulia just a 10 min bus ride away . Accommodation my wife and I found the rooms to be more than adequate. We stayed in a standard room which was well furnished with large modern bathroom and excellent air/con and of course a lovely sea view.. All staff are uniformed which Is what I like to see as it tends to reflect the professionalism of the hotel and it's staff. In this case it was very apparent and evident that the staff had been trained to a high degree.Waiter Service at the bar and restaurant was amazing. Both of us noticed the catering manager of the hotel was hands on. He helped out in every part of the hotel including the bars and restaurants. It appeared that at the same time of helping out he was also training the staff. I cannot say enough about the staff of the hotel as they were all very hardworking polite friendly and efficient.The hotel is spotless. Rooms are cleaned and towels changed on a daily basis.We were able to find sunbeds on most days on at least one of the 3 sunbathing or pool terraces. To get the best out of your holiday i would advise you to go all inclusive which is truly really good value for money.What we particularly liked about the all inclusive deal is that it included Branded drinks and not the local hooch. Also with the all inclusive you get to book the Sushi or Mediterrainian restaurants for 3 nights of the week. This was excellent and the food was prepared to a very high standard.The hotel activities were arranged by Silvio and Fredrica who are the hardest working couple I have ever seen.They both worked from 8 am to 12 on most days entertaining hotel guests. The evening entertainment was average and I think this is the one area the hotel could improve on by employing some more professional acts. Both my wife and I have stayed in many Spanish 3 & 4 hotels, this hotel is rated 3 star but is far better than most 4 star hotels we have stayed at.Thanks to all the staff for a very enjoyable stay and we both look forward to seeing you all again next year.
Paul & Carolyn

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this nice review. I am very pleased for your comments about the staff and shall inform all my team.
We are hapy to know that you enjoyed your holiday at the Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga and hope to see you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time visiting Ibiza and I absolutely loved the Fiesta hotel! We stayed for 2 weeks at the beginning of August.

The coach transfer dropped us off right outside the hotel entrance. On checking in, a drink was brought to us along with a refreshing damp towel. A wonderful touch!!

Our bags were then taken to our room for us while we made our own way up in the lifts. The room was a good size, I wouldn't say it was too small (we had booked a standard twin - no option to book a double). We mentioned to staff on reception that the beds kept sliding apart as they were on wheels, and they soon came and happily rectified this by bolting them together for us. And when I blocked the safe with all our valuables inside, they gladly sorted that out too!

We had no problem storing our suitcases as someone has suggested - they fitted nicely under the bed, and mine was rather large :) I would have liked a few more hangers in the wardrobe though.

I loved the view from our room. It was a standard double and overlooked the car park as well as the swimming pool to the right and the sea. Stunning! It was a lovely place to sit and admire the hills in the distance particularly at sunset.

The fridge kept our water beautifully cold and was a really handy thing to have in the room. The shower was great and it had great power. Take care on the floor in the bathroom though, it is extremely slippery with damp feet -
I nearly had a nasty accident the first night!

The maids kept our room really nice and clean, the towels were changed daily and the floor was mopped frequently.

It's only a short walk down a path to the beautiful Cala Llonga beach and yes the path is uneven in places but this is not hotel property. Once we knew where the 'problem' areas were, we knew to be a little bit extra careful!

The food at the hotel was excellent. I a vegetarian and thought the food was high quality with a good choice daily even for a fussy eater like me. It was always fresh and well prepared. Even on days when the selection wasn't as good as others, there was always pasta available which was prepared to taste right in front of you, as well as a whole range of delicious salads and breads. My only wish is that there was more traditional Spanish food available more often. The view from the restaurant is absolutely beautiful if you can get a window seat!

We were all inclusive premium with silver wristbands and the selection of included drinks was good, with the option to purchase additional items from the menu if you wished. My favourites - cava and sangria were included to my delight! My only complaint here is that strangely, the all inclusive deal finishes at midnight when you have to start paying for drinks, as the bar remains open until 1am. Thought it was a bit odd to stop the all inclusive for an hour!

The swimming pool was a nice size and we also enjoyed using the pool and table tennis facilities. Again the view from the pool bar is just stunning. A lot of people are complaining about sun bed bandits, but every day at breakfast (we usually went down between 9 and 10am) I noticed loads of sun beds still available. They were usually gone by the time we had finished eating though.

The day time entertainment looked pretty good if that's what you like, water gym, table tennis/football/water volleyball tournaments as well as cocktail games and paella/sangria demonstrations. Unfortunately we missed all these as we were out exploring during the day.

Evening entertainment was poor. We saw a dancing act which had been brought in (Celtic something, I think) and they were really good. But Silvio and Frederica's own entertainment was very disappointing. At best, there were a handful of people in the room in the evening and even then many of these wondered off and didn't come back. The "disco nights" played only 70s and 80s music and was generally geared to the older crowd, even though there was a great mix of ages staying at the hotel. When my boyfriend asked Silvio to play just one track from AFTER the 80s -literally anything!!! he seemed annoyed, and said "look around you" - if he was suggesting that the only people here were above 60 and loving the music then he was wrong - there were loads of bored looking 20 something's at the bar, and no one on the dancefloor. He did begrudgingly play Gangnam Style and then Frederica came to tell us about how fantastic the disco was last week - "so many people were dancing, we could not stop!" she said. I might have believed her - had I not been at the said disco the previous week to the same size audience and empty dancefloor. Even just a wider mix of music would have been greatly appreciated.

I think this is a wonderful hotel with fantastic staff and stunning panoramic views over Cala Llonga. I wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• Stayed August 2013
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments which help us to improve our services.
We are pleased to know that you think our hotel is wonderfull and the staff fantastic and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This modern, comfortable hotel on the edge of a very pretty bay is ideal as a base for a relaxing break. We returned on August 28th from a half-board week and found the staff attentive and friendly, the variety of food on offer at the buffet style breakfast and evening meal was good and the room, though small and a little basic, provided everything we needed, including a small fridge and tea making facilities. I would have liked a bath tub in addition to the shower cubicle, but understand the pre-occupation with saving water on the island makes a shower the eco-friendly option. The view from our fifth floor balcony was partially of the bay and partially of the wooded area which surrounds the hotel - it was surprisingly peaceful and we slept very well. Air conditioning was efficient and quiet, the bed firm and comfortable. Opposite the hotel the regular ferry boats to neighbouring Santa Eularia, Eivissa (the capital) and even the island of Formentera moored at the small jetty. The ferries are a fun way to travel around, but there is also a much cheaper bus service to nearby towns from the bus stop in front of the beach. Although we found little of interest in the resort itself, there are some lovely walks up into the wooded hills and along the edge of the bay which reward you with breath taking views. The best was to a sea-cave on the cliff edge where the tide surged up from an amazing blue pool - well worth the scramble down. The old town areas of Eivissa and Santa Eularia also have very interesting historical features which make this area well worth a week's visit.

Room Tip: The side of the hotel facing the resort gets the evening sun, but the seaward side is probably quiet...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time writing this review. We are pleased to know that you found our staff attentive and friendly and the variety of food was good.
Hope to see you again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time at this hotel. The hotel and it's service are the best you can get. Entertainment was great. Plenty to do. Frederica and silvo and all the staff are fantastic. They all make it a great holiday. Thank you to everyone at the Fiesta Hotel in Cala Llonga Ibiza
John and Linda x

• Stayed August 2013
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We thank you very much for your review . We are very pleased to read your nice comments about the entertainment, Federica and Silvio, and the rest of the staff.
Awaiting the pleasure of wellcoming you on your fourth visit. Vicente Torres. Manager

Been to Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga? Share your experiences!