We have just returned from the Montemar and although we had a great 10 days away, there were a few problems. The hotel was overbooked and we had to spend the first night at an apartment in Cala Llonga which was tiny and very noisy.
There were a few ants but they weren't really a problem.
The lack of air conditioning was more of a problem for us - our fault as we knew when we booked it that there wasn't any. However, we had a very hot week! The ceiling fan wasn't very effective but we bought a fan for 16 euros which cured the problem a bit.
The only other downside was the rules at the pool. No lilos, inflatables were allowed which was a little disappointing. However, it was good to have a life guard to keep the children safe.
The rooms were cleaned every other day, with clean towels and the beds were changed once in the ten days which was fine.
We were given an apartment in A Block at the Montemar which was great. Not too many steps to climb and we could see the bench near Reception where many of the children congregated. Our son is 8 and was really pleased to have some independence but we could see him from our balcony.
The entertainment staff were brilliant with both the adults and children. They were short staffed and worked really hard but were always friendly and cheerful. The African Footprints show was fantastic!!
We had a good time, but not sure we'd go back - mainly because of the lack of A/C and the no inflatables in the pool rule.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic island, white sandy beaches, turquoise waters, romantic sunrises, these are the memories we will take home from this magnificent place. Located on a hill, surrounded by hundred-year old pine trees and a beautiful view of the mountains give the complex an especially relaxing atmosphere. This beautiful holiday complex is located in Cala Llonga, Ibiza, and is 500 metres from a beautiful sandy beach. 29 studio-apartments, 22 one-bedroom apartment and 63 two-bedroom apartments. All with balcony or terrace, equipped with kitchen, fridge, microwave, SAT TV, safe rental, bath, shower, toilet. 1 adults pool y another independent pool for children, tennis with extra charge, entertainment program for adults and children with evening shows.I ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hi! Montemar Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hi! Montemar Apartamentos Hotel Cala Llonga
- Montemar Ibiza
- Apartments Montemar
- Hi! Montemar Apartamentos Cala Llonga, Ibiza