We arrived at 2-30am and were led away from the main hotel to a ground floor apartment in the grounds. The porter abandoned us at the gate and in the pitch dark left to find the slot for the keycard to operate the lights.
The room was awful. Only two very dim wall lights opposite the beds,no lights above or at the side of the beds making reading impossible.The beds themselves were shocking. Two identical twin beds put side by side were three inches shorter than the other due to the springs in one mattress being ruined. The bed for my four year old was made of wicker and hat a mattress no thicker than a couple of inches, it was like lying on bricks.
The fridge didn't work, the windows had no provision to open and there was a huge damp patch on the ceiling.
I immediately returned to reception and asked for another room. I was told this wasn't possible at 2-30am, but if I returned first thing in the morning I would be moved.
It took three more visits to the reception before at 1-30pm almost twelve hours after arriving, I eventually got another room.
The second room on the surface looked better, so we eventually got to unpack.
We then discovered the shower was broken and hanging off the wall. You could clearly see it had previously been crudely repaired. My wife decided to then take a bath while I reported the broken shower.
Whilst at reception reporting the fault I inquired about the kids club and mini disco (the only reason we booked this hotel) I was told both only run during the high season. Yet there is no mention of this on the hotel's website or other websites the hotel appears on.
When I got back to my room I cut myself badly on the door which moved an inch and a half every time you opened and closed it. When I entered I found my four year old had grazed her leg badly on ragged metal on the sofa bed provided for her. My wife was now ankle deep from water gushing up from the drain in the bathroom floor. Despite the flooding of our room and the hotel lobby it was over an hour before someone came to our aid.
Not once were we ever apologized to for any of the above.
We had booked to stay here for fourteen nights. We left after just thirty six hours!!!
- Also Known As:
- Aguamarina Hotel Golf Del Sur
- Aguamarina Golf
- Aguamarina Golf Tenerife
- Aguamarina Resort Golf Del Sur
- Hotel Aguamarina Tenerife
- Hotel Aguamarina Golf
- Hotel Aguamarina Golf Tenerife
- Aguamarina Golf Hotel Tenerife/Golf Del Sur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- these are different than Aguamarina Golf Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Aguamarina Golf Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.