“Menu of the day” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Menu of the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We visited Trasmallo on two occassions and for the main course had the mixed fish grill for two persons, the food was well cooked and the waiters were very friendly and happy to have a chat while they were serving, taking into consideration the cost of the meal 10.50 euros each I found the restaurant to be good value for the money.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

capellen, luxembourg
“good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

good food, good price, nice waiting staff, big restaurant, quick service

Visited February 2012
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Soapy steak - need I say more?!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We went here for the special menu of the day as we thought it sounded good value for money. We started with melon and parma ham and padron peppers which were fine. I ordered fried fish for my main, not realising it would be "deep" fried. It was so overcooked and nearly impossible to remove the bones. My partner ordered a steak in pepper sauce cooked medium. Part of it was still raw and another part was well done. When he told me it tasted "soapy", I thought he'd lost his mind. But then I tasted it - it was like eating fairy liquid. I've never tasted a steak like it in my life. Dessert wasn't much better. My partner's ice cream was far more ice than cream and my tiramisu tasted more like vanilla than coffee. The service wasn't any better than the food and it's definitely one to avoid. I guess you get what you pay for!

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Good Food - pity about the service, and the poor house wine.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

The title really says it all. The food was not exceptional, but good. However the service was poor. We got the impression, that really, the waiters did not want us to be there, making them work!

Also, although the house red wine wine was drinkable, we were all very dissapointed with it. We had much better wine, for the same price, in other, nearby restuarants.

Overall, we found it dissapointing, and did not go back.

• Visited October 2011