“Don't understand the negative publicity .......” 4 of 5 stars

You added Marina Parc to your Saves list
Marina Parc
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Grosa, 07740 Arenal d'en Castell, Minorca, Spain   |
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Don't understand the negative publicity .......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Having just returned from Marina Parc for the second year running with my partner and 4 year old, I really don't understand the negative reports the hotel has received. Let's be clear to start with, this is not a 5 star luxury hotel and as with most things in life you get what you pay for.
However, the rooms are more than adequate, the food is ok (I've yet to go to a European all inclusive package resort where Gordon Ramsey prepares the food....), the pools are clean and very good, the waterpark is simply fantastic (especially with young children), the beach is only a 10 minute walk away and one of the best you'll find anywhere, the staff are friendly and the weather is far better than it is in the UK !!
As for the negatives, well you can always find some even with the best resorts, however as I said earlier you get what you pay for and I would have no hesitation returning which says it all.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Polish first
Dungannon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I agree some people just love to moan but we had a good experience. We went on 19th June for 1 week. It was myself, husband and 3 year old daughter who was on her first holiday abroad. Our room was just opposite the water park, not much of a view but we were out all day so it didn't bother us. The room was quite compact especially when the third bed fold away bed was down. We had our room serviced three times in seven days. We used the kids club just once but it was fine, we just were having such a good time as a family we didn't want to use it more than that.
The water park was brilliant and we spent a lot of time there, we always got sunbeds but I would imagine it would be harder in peak season as there is not that much space around it. We ate the hotdogs and burgers at the snack bar a lot and my daughter loved them. We found the service to be quick and the staff were friendly. I would say that the public areas could be a bit cleaner but I do think it was a lot to do with people just being too lazy to put their rubbish in the bins. The pool areas were cleaned every evening.
We went down to the beach at Arenal and it is the best beach we have been to, really lovely and clean, tho it costs 15 euros for two sunbeds and a parasol so we only paid for them one day and just sat on our towels the rest of the time. There are jelly fish and a girl did get stung while we were there but she recovered quickly, there are lifeguards who give first aid and on one day they got everyone out of the water as it was a bit choppy which we thought was good, better safe than sorry. The beach is about 10 minute walk from marina parc.. On he way there is a small supermarket and a few bars as mentioned in previous reviews. We ate at El Pirate on our last night and our little girl went on the bouncy castles and trampolines, we had to drag her off them in the end, she really loved it. The food in the restaurant was ok, some strange combinations, I am a bit of a fussy eater but I got enough to do, tho our best meal was at El Pirate which we treated ourselves to on the last night.
Our daughter loved the mini disco, the songs get in your head, we are still singing chu chu chua and chocolate, it didn't matter that a lot were in Spanish, we were in Spain after all? The phrase clappy clappy is now part of our vocabulary, you will understand when you have been! I agree the certificates part dragged on, we only stayed for the later entertainment on one night which was the talent show we thought it was good fun. The horse show in the street and the parrot show were a bit hit with us. Yes there are cats around tho for us this was a bonus especially the mummy cat and five kittens which we visited every day. We also liked the little lizards. The playpark was good enough. We went on the little train and it was a bit expensive but we enjoyed it. We also went on the local bus service to Mahon, we would highly recommend this, the city is very attractive, and the harbour is spectacular, we went on the yellow glass bottom boat and it was briiliant.
Our first family trip abroad was a success, I would recommend this resort and hotel for families. I think we will try somewhere different next year but I would consider returning here in the future. I thought it was good value for money and I would consider myself hard to please.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have just got back from a weeks holiday at Marina Parc and we all had a great time. I was worried at first because of all the bad reviews i had read, but please ignore them! Me and my partner stayed with my 4yr old son and my mum. We booked a 2 bedroomed apartment number 357. I couldn't believe how big it was! We had 3 balconies with fantastic views, a large living room with a flat screen telly, a kitchen which you could close away, a large bathroom, and 2 large bedrooms.

Food - Their was a lot of choice at every meal and on some days they had themed nights for example we had Chinese one night and all the staff dressed up. I think the quality of food was good considering its an all inclusive hotel. I would defiantly say its the best food i have had at an all inclusive before! There was a lot of staff walking round collecting plates and keeping everywhere clean - all very friendly with smiles.

Pools & waterpark - I loved the fact this hotel has 3 large pools all at different ends of the accommodation. This meant there wasn't massive crowds of people and you can always find plenty of sun beds. We preferred to stay around the pool near our apartment as it was much quieter and our 4yr old could play nicely with the other smaller children.
We went to the water park a few times as our child loved the small pirate ship slide, the other slides where ait to big for him but my partner loved going down them all - you can never be too old!

Most days we spent at the beach as it was lovely and had plenty of things do to, such as fishing, snorkelling and the pedalo boats where great fun. The beach is perfect for young children who can't swim as its very calm and you can walk right out.

Night entertainment - We didn't go to any of the entertainment so i cant say if it was any good or not. But from what we saw when passing by i don't think it was for us. We went down to the bouncy castles and go karts by the local shops most nights. But we where all so tired after our busy days i think we where all in bed for 10 lol.

We went on the local train ride and personally i thought it wasn't that great as it was overpriced and there wasn't much to see. However it was something different and my 4 yr old enjoyed it.

Would defiantly stay again :)

Room Tip: If you want a 2 bedroomed apartment ask for room 357! Its one of the best locations on a corner plot...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Some people expect to much, I really can't agree with all the negative comments. We stayed in this hotel on the 3rd June for 1 week myself my husband and my 4 year old daughter. Positives... Beach was beautiful. Pools were fantastic including the great water park !! Overall lovely clean complex with good value for money. Negatives.. Evening entertainment was outside and it could be a little cold in the evenings.. Mini disco and entertainment could be better was very repetitive. We enjoyed our stay and would return to the Marina Parc Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from marina parc, after reading reviews before I went did'nt know what to expect. We travelled with two children aged 4 & 5, had a great time, stayed in D block had a lovely sea view, room was great loads of space with two balconies, once kids had gone to sleep could sit outside without waking them. Room cleaned every other day which was fine with us.
Food was okay always something we all liked, could get really busy at times which can be a pain.
Entertainment was ok, kids loved it and could'nt wait to get on stage.we went down to the bouncy castles a couple of evenings just for a change.
The beach is lovely, clean clear water, loads of sun beds but cost 5euro each, you can buy a parasol in the shop by the bouncy castles for 9 euros proberly cheaper than keep hiring them.
The pool was great a bit cold a first, around the pool was always clean an tidy with lots of sun beds, spent a lot of time around the pool as kids loved it they made lots of friends as nearly all the people there were family's. Did go to the water park, again kids loved it my husband went on the slides, I stuck to the lazy river,
Staff at marina parc are really nice and helpful, first choice reps were always in reception to help, did hear some people moaning but you can't please everyone. Would go back and would recommend to friends with young kids. We had excellent weather so could get out an about. Don't take any notice of the really bad reviews, yes some things could be better,entertainment could be better but ok, food ok. All in all a great holiday.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days with my wife and 2 young Children, yes the food was a little hit and miss but always something you could have, the rooms a little basic but what do you want for a place that caters for mostly children!!! the bad reviews i read before going put me off but please dont let them put you off... the staff work very hard to keep the place going, rooms cleaned to a very high standard and all the bar staff were fantastic... as were the ladies in the diner area - the pools were lovely all 3 of them and the waterpark, the supermarket and kids play area near by was a god send for my two as they loved the slides and trampoline.. the Mini disco was a hit with lots of Children up and dancing and really enjoying them selves.. all in all a great hotel, we had a wonderful time

Gravesend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel was just perfect, I went with my boyfriend and our room was right by reception and we were central to everything with maximum of a few minutes walk to local amenities. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, the entertainment was fabulous and could not fault one thing. There were a lot of families about and we were probably the only couple but this didn't phase us in the slightest. We got back on 22/06/13, and this is more than likely a holiday I would recommend as it has everything you could ask for and more. Would love to go back as soon as possible. My best holiday ever and this was mainly due to the hotel being perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marina Parc? Share your experiences!