My husband and I have just returned from a week staying at this hotel. I booked the hotel based purely on the reviews and not the location. We arrived in the evening by taxi which didn't take very long at all from the airport, about 20mins. Our check in was very quick we were give electronic cards which was needed to use the lifts and a single key for our room. We were told no information about the hotel, breakfast times, restaurant dinner times etc, any information we needed we either obtained from a little printed booklet in our room or we asked at reception during the week. When we were taken to our room we were quite shocked, we had paid a
considerable amount of money for a week and it was quite clear no money had been spent on the room in a long time. The room had carpet tiles on the floor, a television with a tube in it, old shower over the bath, twin beds and as for our balcony with a view you couldn't see anything for all the plants that had grown in front. It was however very clean and unlike some hotels we were always given plenty of toiletry supplies and beach towels. We did think that the location was great as we were near one of the pools and near the small man made beach which was great for swimming in the sea. Although I get the hotel furniture gives it a character especially in the main restaurant and public areas I do feel that some areas need to be upgraded. The bar stools at the pool, you were scared to sit on some of them they were so wobbly and uncomfortable. The plastic tables and chairs by the pool bar, the main hotel bar furniture. Even the chairs in the main restaurant are very strange. Maybe it's just me but surely newer furniture gives better comfort nowadays. The food was excellent at both breakfast and dinner at night and the service was excellent, its true what all the reviewers say, the staff can't do enough for you. This hotel is mainly for older couples, the entertainment caters for this especially as you see it repeating, Jimmy was on a couple of times during the week and by 12.00 most people have gone to bed. Iletas itself doesn't have much a couple of cafe bars the the left that serve basic food, if you go out of the hotel and turn right on the lower road, follow the road all the way down to Illetas beach, it has a really modern beach bar/ restaurant and the food is lovely. If you want to go into Palma you go outside of the hotel, cross the road to the bus stop, the bus runs every 10 mins, takes 30 mins and costs 1.50 euros single fare, it's puts you of right in the middle of Palma. I think this hotel has a lot of returning customers and I think it became clear to us if you are a regular you seem to get looked after. If you have a complaint as we did the evening we returned back to our room, they do quickly sort it out for you. I think it's more than likely my husband and I will not go back to this hotel any time soon. Although the service was excellent, for the amount of money we paid I think we could have got better value for money somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bonsol Illetas
- Hotel Bonsol Resort And Spa
- Hotel Bonsol
- Hotel Bon Sol
- Hotel BonSol Resort & Spa Illetas, Europe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Illetas, only 8 km (5 miles) from central Palma, the clifftop Bon Sol nestles be amid pine trees, its moorish tower lofting from luxurian gardens and dominating the picturesque Palma bay. The Bon Sol is a family-owned and managed hotel, proud of its reputation for the very personal attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel BonSol Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.