“Estivate park 2” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
wales,
“Estivate park 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have just returned from a week AI at the estival park hotel 2 in la Pineda. Overall the hotel was in an ideal location as I travelled as a family with my husband and 20 month old daughter. The hotel compromises of 3 blocks what I didn't know before going is they are all part of the same hotel & you all have access to the same facilities throughout the 3 blocks. Friends of ours had booked to stay at the estival park splash hotel as the couldn't get in to ours as it was sold out. I looked into changing our booking which would of cost nearly £400 extra however when we got there & realised we were all part of the same hotel we were relieved not to have changed. The only difference with the splash hotel is that you get unlimited access to the water park but for us it was still cheaper to pay on entry to the water park so be aware of this as travel advisors didn't seem to know this!
Food was ok but as usual you always get fed up of the food towards the end.
3 great pools & a park for the kids. All clean. The only down fall was that on the second morning around 8am we attempted to put out some towels only to be stopped by the Cleaner as they were still cleaning the area. Also they started to clean the pool at that time to. Surely that should be done the night before. There were a lot of frustrated guests.
Rooms were clean & spacious.
Hotel was a few minutes walk to the beach. Overall a great destination for families away from busy salon although close enough for you to visit on a bus.

Only negatives were beds were very uncomfortable which I have read in some other reviews. Also our room was situated between the two hotels which was next to the bottle banks which were emptied endless times throughout the night & early hours. Maybe the hotel should be more considerate about the times they empty. Again this is another point made in someone else's review. Also another minor point is that the children's entertainment started at 8am every evening which Is slightly late , this finished at 8.45 & then there was nothing until 10pm, not even music played.
Still had a great holiday & would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel seemed quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
EstivalPS, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Estival Park Salou, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear customer, Thank you for your comment, it will be very helpful for us and we will do our best to improve all points you stated in your review. Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Polish first
Bulwell, Nottingham.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from Estival Park (stayed in Hotel 2)

Well here goes:

Hotel: Really clean with manicured grounds. With staff constantly buzzing about cleaning and emptying bins etc.

Pools: Towards the end of our stay these were actually warm, however they were cd on our first couple of days. There were three, basically Hotel 1 where we were was relatively quite, with no inflatables allowed in the pool (it did liven up towards the end of the day on the odd occasion ). Hotel 2 was a bit louder and a lot busier. Hotel 3 was quite strange, very quite with no snack bar inside.

Rooms: We had interconnecting bedrooms, each one was really spacious so we had loads of space (and best of all two bathrooms) view over the pools which was fantastic.
They were cleaned everyday with towels changed and beds made.

Entertainment: I thought this was quite good. Kids disco from 8.30. So after a busy day at the pool / beach plenty of time to get changed and have dinner. Then the evening entertainment started at 10ish, these were things like singers, acrobats and magicians etc...

(Quick note €10 for an estivi teddy and every kid under 4 wanted one)

Food: Always my biggest grip as I'm a very fussy eater. However there is decent selection and I usually found something as there is a array of different things. (although it often involved mashed potato, peas, runner beans and gravy).

There was always two types of soup, loads of salads, fish dishes, roast meats, donor and chicken kebab meat, breads and all sorts of things in between. (I could go on forever)

Then there was the desserts...... Lots of them, everything from fresh and tinned fruit, ice creams, pastries, cakes, jelly, angel delight type things, there was loads of stuff. Although it got busy towards the end of our stay...

Snack bars: We mainly used Hotel 1's snackbar, which had everything from nuggets, burgers, hot dogs, toasties, chips, salad etc. There was also a section with nuts, crisps and cakes and the free ice creams were excellent (not the usual pots).

Drinks: The AI beer was Estrella, which wasn't too bad however I did pay €1 a few times for branded bottles and also had a few cocktails. All in all quite a good choice.

Staff: Contrary to a few reviews on here all the staff with the exception of one barmaid in hotel 1 were fantastic (she actually never smiled throughout our whole stay)

To summarise, it's a really nice hotel, decent food and drink, good pools, outdoor play areas, gym and sauna (the gym is really good), paddle ball courts and much more.
It's right next to the water park and the market is ok on a Friday.

Oh and it's a 2 minute walk to the beach, which is nice sand and has very shallow water quite far out. There are numerous shops on the beach front (the usual tat and tabac but a couple of good ones)

It's a good hotel to go with kids (ours were 3, 6 and 10...

• Stayed June 2014
Torquay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have just come back from a 2 week holiday 31/05/2014 - 14/06/2014, staying in hotel 2. On arrival we were told our rooms wouldn't be ready until between 12.30 and 2pm which was fine as i understand they have to clean the rooms etc from the last people staying etc etc but when you were trying to ask the reps and reception staff for help on where to leave your things and where you can go they were not very helpful at all.

That afternoon upon arrival we went for a walk along the beach front, it was a lovely beach but looking to the left was very ugly, a massive port. There were also a lot of tankers in and around the sea area not a pretty sight. As we strolled along we saw an excursion shop "BUS PLANA" finding this ended up saving us a fortune!!! The trips through bus plana were great, the guides were amazing and very helpful. We asked our rep about how to get to the theme park and he said the cheapest way would be a taxi, OH NO this is far from the cheapest way!!! At the bus plana shop you can buy a bus card and top it up, this works out at 1.20 euros each way per person a lot different to the 15 euros each way in a taxi!!!!!

Just before our welcome meeting on the 1st night we were at reception talking and another rep from a different company and they asked the first choice rep to mention about how dangerous the zebra crossings are and how the cars do not always stop to let you cross, they also told us they saw someone get hit on a crossing the week before and that the person who got hit had actually died!!! You would think the rep would pass this vital bit of information on wouldn't you, NOPE they didn't and nothing was said at all about this at the welcome meeting!!!.

Now onto the hotel:-
This hotel is far from a 4* more like 2 in my opinion, the rooms were very basic although very clean.
The staff were so miserable, unfriendly and differently NOT helpful!! They really do need a lesson in customer service and to learn how to smile. This does not make you feel at ease at all when you go into the restaurant for a meal or when you have to go to reception to ask for something .
The food…….. well……where do i start. There was very little for kids, to the point we had to bring chicken nuggets and sausages in from the snack bar every night into the restaurant so they ate something. The food in the restaurant might of been ok if you are a big meat eater or fish eater, I'm not and i really struggled. The food was very repetitive and samey if that makes sense, to come home and tell people you enjoyed mash potato and chicken nuggets is a bit poor considering this is supposed to be a 4* hotel!!! The deserts again were very repetive and samey, most of them were still half frozen i.e. profiteroles gateaux etc again not what you expect from a 4* hotel.
We ordered a pack lunch for 7 of the days we were there as we went on trips and to the theme parks, for all of the 7 days the pack lunch was exactly the same- a ham sandwich, apple, biscuits and a roll with ham in… oh and a bottle of water i would of thought there would of been some variety in what was in a pack lunch!!!

Entertainment hahahah what a joke and we didn't even bother a lot of the time!!! The shows we did see apart from a beetles tribute act were complete rubbish, to which we stayed for 10 mins then went to bed. We were not to bothered by this as by the time 10pm come a lot of people were so drunk and so loud i didn't want the kids to be around it anyway.

Anyway this place a lot of people I'm sure would enjoy, unfortunately it was not the place for us. I would not return or recommend either.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course above the main entrance to the hotel are nice and quiet and have the su...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear customer, Thanks a lot for your time reviewing your experience in our resort. I see that it was not a good experience for you. We will be in care about all negative points you stated in the review but we have to a balance among all opinions, thanks again for you time. Kind regards.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just back from Estival Park yesterday. Overall we had an amazing time. The hotel is very family friendly and in a great location. The grounds and facilities are good, clean and the staff are friendly. The weather was boiling!
A couple of points though when travelling with very small children. Ours are 1yr old and 3yrs old. Within 10mins of arriving into our room, our youngest completely disappeared! I was frantic and even checked over the balcony... to my relief, he was found just outside of the room door having let himself out and into the hallway... it seems that the room doors do not lock from the inside. We subsequently had to wedge our buggy or cot against the door when in the room to stop him from escaping again.
The food is good although samey every night BUT there isn't much choice for small children... I found myself getting them food from the snack bar and taking it into the restuarant. It would have been nice for some pasta/rice dishes but the salads were great. The restaurant can get a little chaotic but wasn't a big deal.
The kids club was great and my 3yr old asked to back each day... I loved that Vera recognised her by name after the 1st visit.
The snack bar area was great with self service soft drinks, milkshakes, beer, water and ice creams as well as hot food and crisps.
The indoor pool/spa was amazing and a great way to get out of the blazing sun. Once you get over wearing the swimming caps, it was great, especially the built in jacuzzi areas.
Overall, we had a lovely stay and wouldn't hesitate to get booked up again.

Room Tip: I personally wouldn't choose a pool view room if you have young kids as the nightly entertainmen...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here 03/06-14/06 on an all inclusive basis with water park access through first choice.
We got dropped of at Hotel 2 by first choice but then after queuing were told we were in hotel one, but once we got there our room was ready (around 11am). I will split up the review into different sections...
THE ROOM:
- clean and well stocked. You can get daily housekeeping service if you wish, indicated by leaving a card out the door.
- our room had two 3/4 size beds pushed together, would have preferred a double but I think this is pretty standard abroad. I found them perfectly comfortable though.
- there was a telly with a few English channels, mini fridge, balcony with chairs and table.
THE BAR AREA:
- in hotel one the bar and snack area are in the same place. There are comfy chairs here which also lead outside. There is also a 'nightclub' connected to this and a games room with arcades/ pool tables. This area seemed clean enough and there was a decent amount of inside seating.
THE BAR AND BARMEN:
- the all inclusive drinks include your basic things: estrella beer, wine, sangria, local spirits (vodka, whiskey, rum, gin)... I only tried the vodka and sangria but found them alright.
- some drinks are a 1 euro supplement which I think is fair enough for cocktails and international brands... Plus you get your money's worth, asked for a dissarano and coke and there was more alcohol than coke! Some of the cocktails were a bit too sweet, but that may just be my taste.
- the people behind the bar work hard and do try to fairly serve people in order. They are also good at tidying up empty glasses. In the evening waiters will take orders outside (where the entertainment is) and bring them to you. I always tipped them for this, not sure if they expect it but I felt it was the right thing to do.
FOOD AND RESTAURANT:
- there is always plenty of food available at you're not going to go hungry, I should know after coming back half a stone heavier (whoops)
- breakfast: had cooked breakfast, some times the sausages were a bit strange (like chorizo or black pudding) but they had 'normal' sausages too. The thing that was annoying was no scrambled egg, but then they had scrambled egg mixed with something at dinner, weird haha. There is also options of cheese, ham, various bread and pastries, cereal, yogurt, churros (yum) and fruit. You help yourself to hot drinks, juices and water.
- Lunch and Dinner: again there was always plenty of options. There were things that stayed most nights (pasta with a choice of sauces, chicken, chips, salad) then each day there were lots of other options (pizza, meat, loads of fish and seafood, veg, paella etc.) ... Most of the food was nice, had a coupe of problems with pork looking a little pink for my liking but I checked everything. The lunch and dinner is a similar range of options but not the same on one day. The deserts weren't great, but they never are abroad haha! Always had the option for icecream and fruit, jelly, cake and then options like donuts, profiteroles. One day I saw this weird fruit thing in a jacket potato which made me laugh.
- snack bar: the snack bar was good and kept fresh throughout the day... Things like sausages, burgers, chips, fish, hotdogs, ham, cheese, bread, fruit. The best things were the cheese and ham toasties though, they were really nice! You can also help yourself to ice lollies.
I didn't get ill once of the food so that was good!
ENTERTAINMENT:
- the entertainment was a bit hit and miss, we didn't see all of it as we wanted to go and explore the area rather than stay in the hotel the whole time. Through the day it seemed they had lots of activities which you had the choice to be involved in, for adults and kids. They always announced the daily activities on the stage in the morning and afternoon. They did a dance routine to a song after this which did get a bit old after 11 days!
- some of the good evening entertainment was the magic show, the body balance show and the variety show.
THE POOL AREA:
I'm not one to sit round the pool all day so can't comment on this too much. The first week we could get a sun lounger later on, there was the normal problem of people dumping their towels to never be seen again. Maybe they should have someone enforcing this rule?
THE LOCAL AREA:
- La pineda itself is quiet, but I liked that. There is a few shops on the main front near the beach (supermarket, clothes shops, tourist shops, cigarette shops, restaurants and ice cream) the beach is very nice and clean. Although the sun loungers are 5 euro, ouch!
- the waterpark is a 5 min walk from the hotel and a good time, the dolphin show is good too! and there is plenty to do in the local area accessible by bus. Some of things we did was go to portaventura theme park, go to salou, the illusion show, went to tarragona. We also went to Barcelona but I'd recommend going to the bus plana office (near the hotel) to book it as its a lot more expensive with first choice!

All in all I would recommend this hotel, for couples and families alike and I would return! Very long review, but hopefully nice and helpful for those prospective holiday makers!

Room Tip: We had a room over the pool area which was loud until at least 12am so if you have young children I...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Arrived back 13/06/2014 after 10 night holiday. On arrival at estival park we did not have to wait long to check in and our apartment was ready straight away. A bit of a mission to find it but first impressions were good, it even had a washing machine! The apartments are securely gated and have their own swimming pools but we mainly used the one in hotel 1 as you can't get food and drink from the apartment areas. You could help yourself to drinks in hotel 2 but you had to go to bar in 1 and 3 and sometimes the queues could be quite long. The snack bar was great serving burgers, sausages, chips, bacon, nuggets, salads, cold meats, cheese, fish, fruit, bread, beans and toasties(my favourite). The only downside was that you had to make sure you were properly dressed before you went in which was a bit of a pain if you had just been in the pool. You could eat in any of the three main restaurants but we mainly stuck to number 2, there was plenty of choice but I do agree with some reviews that there's not a lot of choice for fussy kids although my son was quite happy with snack bar. The food was generally good quality and you could help yourself to drinks. Service was good although maybe a little keen to take your plates away. Entertainment during the day consisted of the usual games like volley ball, darts, dancing etc and the animation team worked extremely hard. Night time entertainment started with a mini disco for the kids at 8 to 8.30 but was the same songs over and over, by the end of the holiday I knew the words and dances to them all especially chu cha cha ( it was catchy though). You then had to wait until 10 pm for the main entertainment and again you could go to any of the 3 hotels, I would recommend the game show night, this was really good fun. Generally the staff were really friendly although some of them spoke very little English, then again we are in their country and we don't bother to learn Spanish. We had the aquapark included in our holiday which was good and my son especially enjoyed the magic oval. The maids came in to clean every day and the ground to the hotel were also clean and very pretty. From our apartment it was a 2 min walk to the beach past shops and bars and over quite a busy road but the beach was lovely and clean and the sea was calm and not too deep for children. Overall an enjoyable holiday and great weather but don't think it would be one I would return to.

doncaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

just returned from estival park hotel,came back fri 13th june,carnt fault the hotel as it was clean and rooms were decent size,the food was none stop,always something to eat at any time during the day,the pool was a little on the small size,the picture in the brochure was taken at a very clever angle and makes it look bigger than it actually is,and the bar in the middle was never open,the whole complex is very clean and geared up for family holidays,lots of children because of the water park about 10 mins walk away and the kids entertainment was much better than the night entertainment,which left alot to be desired.the beach is only 5min walk away and is lovely but the sunbeds and shade are expensive if you need them every day,it cost 32 euro for 4 beds and sunshade for the day.if you go to the welcome meeting they will tell you how brilliant the House of illusion is and they do a very good job of selling it but its not all its bulled up to be so i would advise you to read the reviews for this night out before you book it.my grandson and his mum booked for the dolphin encounter,dont be misled because you dont get to swim with the dolphins,they put you in a wet suit and tell you some information regarding the dolphins and then you stand in the water with them and stroke them as they swim by and you have a photo taken with a dolphin which cost 12 euro for 1 and 10 for any others you may want.The spa is very expensive,55 euros to have your nails done and you have to pay to get into the spa before you start.All in all we enjoyed this hotel and would return

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Estival Park Salou? Share your experiences!