“Good food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Faversham, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We wanted a pub where we could take the dog. The food was very good and the portions generous. It would be my 'local' if I lived there

Visited June 2013

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“WARM WELCOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a very friendly pub. The staff are very helpful and the locals always ready for a chat.
The food was very good and great value. Its was all home cooked and the portions were more then ample. It was very clean and dogs are welcome in an uncarpeted corner of the pub. The Landlord was very helpful and gave some us some great tips on places to visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great local recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Just moved to 10 mile of the area and very suitably impressed, landlord and bar staff very friendly upon entering, we ordered drinks and sat in the sun in rear garden overlooking the bowling green, ordered food which consisted if a combo starter( more than enough for two) mains... Lamb shank, scampi, steak n ale pie, seafood combo, cannot fault !! Tasty and filling and most of all reasonably priced . Only criticism would be lager not served in branded glass, however did point this out and are waiting delivery of new glasses. Hope to return to make use of the disabled bedroom for an overnight stay for both my wife n I

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
John B, Owner at Masons Arms, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
thanks for the vote of confidence on the food, the glasses are a real problem as everyone drinks with their eyes and some lager glasses are much better than others at holding bubbles. We would love to serve all beer/lager in branded glasses but have found a huge difference. Still come back and we will show you
Grassington, United Kingdom
“very clicky locals served first!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is our fourth visit to this pub, while our walking and both times, queued at the bar to be served and the land lady always serve locals first. Last time I walked out, this time it was the same again, anyway we waited and got served eventually !
Sat down with our drinks, I had shuffled along the seat to sit down as the tables were close to the seating, when I brought up my glass it smelt of cooking ? I thought is was a dirty glass but it wasn't, it was my hands after touching the seat s ! On looking round, it's a old pub with very low ceilings, the kitchen is at the side of the bar, nine of the Windows were open, hence the odour is on the seat and you when you get up. Glad I was in walking gear and not my going out or work clothes.
Looked very busy with food going in and out and the bar was packed, we left after one drink into the lovely fresh air of the dales and went for a indian meal close by.

Visited May 2013
John B, Owner at Masons Arms, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I am very surprised to read your comments as we are meticulous about not serving out of turn as we feel this gives the wrong impression in our pub... Please come back and see our normal service is not locals only at all!!!
North Yorkshire
“A brilliant old fashioned friendly pub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

meet up on Friday with some friends of ours that we had seen for a long time
Food very good and tasty
drinks very reasonable atmosphere great. The locals and staff really friendly. One complaint wish we had one as good in Skipton!

• Visited May 2013