“Excellent, consistent food for the last ten years” 5 of 5 stars

+44 (0)1274 599800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 62 restaurants in Shipley
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent, consistent food for the last ten years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have ordered VERY regularly from Shimla for ten years or more, so much so, the staff I are on first name terms! Despite the excellent quality of service I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant for the absolutely amazing quality of food which is always consistent and delicious, (at this point I would like to recommend the fish bhuna which is beautiful... )Having tried many, many curries in many restaurants, I believe Shimla Spice to be the best restaurant I have ever eaten curry in.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Bradford, United Kingdom
“bit burger bar ish !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

foog was Ok, but nothing special - what really lets it down is the atmosphere - It is right next to the biggest, cheapest pub in shipley, and it gets a bit lairy when the pub closes . It's also full of chrome and flashing lights - not really authentic !!

Visited April 2012
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Shimla Spice - Super, Super, Super!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were told by a friend to try this restaurant, we were not disappointed at all!!! The food was flavorful, fantastic, the naan bread was the largest I have ever seen, it is served at the table hanging from a large silver server, it had to be 2 feet long by 1 foot wide, fabulous!!! Great presentation. Bring your own drink as they do not have a bar, which makes your night out a cheaper one, the price for meal was a very good deal. We had two mains only, glad of that as after eating my Desi Chicken Jaipuri and that naan I was stuffed. My husband had Keema with peas and Chipatis, we did share an ice cream, the hazlenut tart and coffee. It was fantastic food, superb service, and a great atmosphere.

Visited April 2012
Bradford West Yorks
“First time was the Last time.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Visited the Shimla at Xmas with friends from work and expected a good meal was i disapointed Yes!! The starter was the worst sheekh kebab i have ever had and the main meal was a bland tasteless curry which was a waste of money needless to say i wont be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Shipley west Yorks
“Highly changeable, but acceptable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I visited the Shimla Spice with my friend who was over from Canada. He was particularly impressed that while not having a licence for alcohol, Hockney's next door allowed us to order, then go through, get a pint each, and come back eat our meal, then take the empties back, and then have another pint in the pub!! The food was great, just what we ordered. I have heard bad reviews of this place. But I reckon that is just how you find it on the night, maybe we all have off nights? I didn't find it too pricy, and the staff were polite.

• Visited September 2011