“Rubbish - go to Garforth or Chapel Allerton!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Shipley
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Aagrah experience is designed to overwhelm you with a complete sensory journey, encompassing the rich cultural ambiance and truly remarkable culinary sensation of authentic Kashmiri cuisine... Time and time again... Balancing time-honoured dishes with culinary innovation, our hand-picked, award winning team of chefs relentlessly aim to provide healthy and nutritious dishes prepared to nothing less than total satisfaction, in the most comfortable of atmospheres, to our esteemed clientele. Aagrah ~ satisfaction, comfort and affordability...
Leeds
“Rubbish - go to Garforth or Chapel Allerton!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My partner and I have visited the Garfoth Aagrah and the Chapel Allerton Aagrah numerous times as both have friendly staff and delicious food. We were passing the Aagrah at Shipley and expected the same but were very disappointed, staff were rude, abrupt, couldn't be bothered.

We normally ask for our veg curries quite saucy, when ours came they were luke warm, hardly any veg or sauce when we asked if we could have more sauce they bought a completely different curry sauce which was obviously watered down and tasted like a supermarkets own jar of sauce.

Very annoying, rude and curries were no where near as nice as other Aagrahs such a shame because it lets the whole chain of Aagrah down and the others we have been to are lovely.

Won't be visiting this Aagrah again!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Yummy buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Buffet was excellent. There was a range of starters, mains and puddings all of which was delicious. My family and I all ate too much! Stuffed actually.. It was good value for money too..recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
uk
“poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been before to Aagrah and liked the food only. This was my second time and the main door was on the side of the building and that leads straight into the bar section so it felt like we were going to a bar and we had to wait before anyone came to welcome us. When the moody, stressed faced man "welcomed" us he looked lost, was unfriendly, we had been waiting for at least 10 mins in the bar and our seats were very non child friendly. The overall service was bad, very poor. Then a waiter took my child's fancy glass away from her as "she will break it" She really wouldn't, so we walked out.

Keighley, United Kingdom
“A little worn now BUT there is no finer Curry available in Bradford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The restaurant was opened a few years ago now and was one of the first designer indian restaurants in the area.

It has been well used and probably could do with a lick of paint.

The food is still exceptional, the service is very good and it is still our favourite 'big occasion' choice for indian/asian food.

Keep it up.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunchtime buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The buffet lunch is in the upstairs room, which is accessed round the side...and up the ramp. Parking is at the front , can get very busy and soon fills up, limited spaces........
We were being shown to a table to the left of the restaurant, but the waiter was very amenable when I requested a window table....as this was my first visit here...
Unfortunately we had to brush crumbs from the chairs and there was a lot of food on the floor.....the table top felt sticky......something that seemed to have been overlooked....I wasn't going to let this cloud my judgement on this place, as I had heard so many ''good things'' about the food......
The dining area is a large spacious room, tables not cramped, with the ''sweet'' cabinet near the entrance and the starter and main course area further down the room......
The waiter was prompt and efficient with taking drinks orders, a little sullen but polite.
I had mixed salad with fish pakora and veggie samosa , with chicken masala, rice and chapatti for the main, followed by mango sorbet and chocolate mousse.....''wow'' all the food was superb, the fish especially was moist, fleshy and succulent....Brilliant choices and variety to pick from....
I have to say I am more then impressed with the overall experience and would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have a ''reasonably priced, good variety, flavoursome food and no pressure experience''.....well done Aagrah....I will be visiting again....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere