“I love this place !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Creative Breads at Shipley Health Store - CLOSED

Creative Breads at Shipley Health Store
38-40 Westgate, Shipley, Bradford BD18 3QX, England (Formerly Creative Breads)
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bakery, European, British, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery
“I love this place !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is really great . I've been three times now and I've always left with food which has just left me wanting to go straight back for more . Sandwiches, flat bread, stromboli, brownie, coffee, everything you get here is exceptional .
The menu seems to have been stripped back a little bit since my last visit which is a shame but when what they offer is this good you can't really complain .
My only conplaint could be that they need bigger premises, they need tables and chairs and I need to be able to eat in, darn it . That way when I immediately want more ill be able to get it without such a long round trip !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shipley, United Kingdom
“Sensual beetroot?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The summer is at its end and there’s a new chill in the wind - autumn is closing in fast. But fear not, because something hot and sexy is happening in Shipley.

From the fabulous ‘Creative Breads Kitchen’, I ordered a flat white and a piece of silky looking chocolate and beetroot cake. But beetroot is a vegetable not to be eaten before a urine test, it’s more ‘healthy’ than ‘cakey’ - beetroot works with sour cream in a soup or with a hazelnut dressing and Sicilian capers – but with chocolate?

Just one bite of this delectable, sensual cake on a bench in Shipley; the scent of traffic and Shipley man in the alleyways and last nights post-closing-time Chinese take-away filling the cracks in the pavement…. I am transported to the beaches of Brazil – i can see bare breasted samba dancing beach people playing volleyball in the tropical sun. I can hear the swaying beat of carnival from a distant village; I can hear parrots singing and I smell ripe mangoes and I see big bottoms swaying. The chocolate and beetroot flavours work beautifully – it is rich, soft and velvety and not too sweet.

This cake is pure sensuality in my mouth and all washed down with the best coffee this side of Mars (or Leeds) .

It's not for nothing they call the cake “Coco Cabana Beet”.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Finally visited!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Best bacon sandwich- thoroughly enjoyed it! Made with great doorstop bread- definitely get your money's worth.

Visited August 2013
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“What's the fuss about?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

High expectations but it didn't deliver I'm afraid. Prices were ok but the food and bread only a little better than a service station. Service was good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Yorkshire
“Who needs cake when you can have bread this good?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went to visit this "health food store" in April and found the place transformed. The store has been opened up at the back to create a light and airy bakery and sandwich/lunch making enterprise. Unfortunately I'd already eaten but vowed to return, which I did in May.

Chose the goats cheese, roast butternut squash, beetroot, vegetable crisps and walnut sandwich at £3.95. Prices are rather high for a non-city centre location so I may have to reserve my visits for a special treat rather than an everyday lunch, but then these sandwiches are by no means everyday. The squash mixture was still warm and delectable, flavours mingled perfectly. My only qualm was there was perhaps too much cheese and it was a little overpowering. The sandwiches are mde from their own artisan bread which you can also buy separately as full loaves. I took home a loaf of their pumpkin roller at £2.10 - (pumpkin seed butter bread) and it was to die for. Soft and creamy and rich without being too strong, it could be one of the best loaves of bread I have ever had.

My one small request would be .... I tend to go for vegan options where possible because of a slight intolerance to dairy (although I love dairy, I just can't take it too much). I would have gone for the vegan option of the butternut squash sandwich ie with no cheese, but it was the same price so I though what's the point? I'll have the cheese. Could you possibly discount the vegan sandwich alternatives/substitutions slightly and bring them down to the same price as the vegetable crunch and houmous ie £3.50 But it's a very small complaint, this place is well worth seeking out for a lunchtime treat. Just make sure you take something home for the family!

• Visited May 2013