Yasuragi was the biggest disappointment of my life in terms of hotels/spa so far. We are not very picky customers usually but we are still upset.
1) reception guy speaks no english. But i am swedish so it was ok.
2) wrong key to our room, we go change it at the reception
3) wrong room type, despite assuring upon arrival.
4) switching rooms
5) no soap in our bathroom but we didn't bother, we still tried to have a good time.
6) reception guy has (in Swedish) given us the wrong information stating that we get towels at the pool. Yet there are no towels. We hurry up to the room to get the ones there. When we come back the mandatory bath tour started without us, so we wait one hour for the next one.
7) there are screaming kids everywhere. Not just in one side of the pool: everywhere
8) even in the "quiet" bathroom there were screaming kids.
9) the bath was a huge disappointment. It's nothing but a pool really. And a non-bubbling jacuzzi..
10) we came to the restaurant 10 mins earlier than expected, so we were sent away again.
11) we didn't get a waiter. When we after 20 minutes of waiting basically had to scream at one passing by he seemed upset we chose for a 60 sek beer and not the cheapest wine bottle which would have been 595 sek.
12) The food was to be fair ok. Not bad not good. However the portions of the "included" dinner were so tiny that we had to order both an additional starter (2 pieces of sushi, 30 sek) and a dessert 95 sek).
13) waiting time between the dishes: approx 45 minutes. The coffee took 50 mins since they forgor it. Can't be easy either since the first waiter left and we had to find ourselves 2 new ones. Note: we were not complaining one single time, trying to be positive.
14) the chocolate dessert was burnt and disgusting.
15) in order to become full (and we are quite thin people not eating a lot) we went to the reception where you could buy candy and chips
16) the absolute highlight was when the waiter came up to the people at the table next to us. They waited for their food shorter than we did.
He apologized for the lead time and said as an excuse they'd get the plusordered starter and drinks off. We thought he'd approach us too but he didn't. We didn't make a scene.
17) now we finally thought we'd just leave the disappointment behind and get some nice sleep. Afterall thwre were no animals in the room and the TV actually worked. But despite 2 open windows we both woke up during the night. I am usually always cold, but it was SO sticky and warm we slept very badly.
18) the breakfast food per se was probably the highlight of our stay. You would even get full! However kids playing catch, screaming, crying, laying on the floors and chairs.
19) we weren't exactly happy when paying 300 euros for all this crap when checking out. The receptionist could tell by my face expression but she just avoided the conflict, asked nothing. Charged us and said "bye".
I do realize it sounds as if we are very unthankful guests. Yet we really tried to stay positive throughout our stay and we weren't complaining towards them even once; even when we informed them about the fact that we had the wrong room type we were polite.
Besides all this:
- the staff won't speak English
- they charge insane monopoly prices on all extra services and products
- the fact that you get to keep the yukata and shoes and bathing clothes is nice
ALL IN ALL: giving away the money will give you more joy. Huge disappointment; do not go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yasuragi is a peaceful oasis where you can enjoy Japanese baths, activities and treatments as well as faboulous meals in the Teppanyaki or Tokyo restaurants. An overall experience inspired by the best from Japan. Go here by car or bus, or enjoy a boat trip through Stockholm's stunning archipelago! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Nordic Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Yasuragi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yasuragi Hasseludden Hotel Nacka
- Yasuragi Hasseludden Stockholm
- Yasuragi Hasseludden Hotel Stockholm
- Yasuragi Stockholm County/Nacka, Sweden