“Nice relaxing experience in a fabulous environment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge de la Vignette Haute

You added Auberge de la Vignette Haute to your Saves list
Auberge de la Vignette Haute
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   370 Route du Village, 06810 Auribeau-sur-Siagne, France   |
Moscow
“Nice relaxing experience in a fabulous environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

That was my first time at Vignette Haute travelling on business to Cannes area. To summarize my experience: the staff is very positive and do everything to make you feel comfortable there. The chateau is uniquely placed in the terrific natural settings and boasts of a maginficent atmosphere. A huge plus - its restaurant with a decent selection of French food and wine. From the restaurant I could see a picturesque view on the mountains nearby. But beware - the restaurant is closed Mondays - Tuesdays. If you want to relax in a quiet environment - Vignette Haute is the place. I do plan on bringing my family for a short vacation in Vignette Haute.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
melrans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The best thing I can do here is repeat my letter of complaint, to which no reply has been received nor has any apology been offered:-
We stayed at this hotel the 28 September 2011, booking reference 55623000. The Hotel was super as was the evening meal. The problem was our non-existent breakfast!!!!
We had nearly 800 Kms to travel the following day, so we entered the breakfast room at 08.00 am, nobody was there, I went to the reception to be told somebody would be along shortly. At 08.05 orders for tea/coffee and a fruit juice were taken, these were duly served at 08.10. NOTHING ELSE was available!!! At 08.15am we were told our bread would be 5 minutes. At 08.20 were told it would be delivered shortly. At 08.30 we got up and left the breakfast room having received nothing but 1 coffee, 1 tea & 1 glass of orange juice. There was nothing there for self service, absolutely nothing and nothing arrived!!!!
I did register our dissatisfaction with the reception as we left the breakfast room as I did again when I was presented with the full invoice and no apology. For a 4* luxury Hotel this sort of service is totally unacceptable and totally spoilt the occasion.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'room with a view'
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
provence
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Pearched up in the hills between Grasse and Cannes the village of Auribeau- sur -Saigne is a welcome contrast to the tourist traps like St Paul de Vence. OK our visit was off season and was part of a trip following the Route de Momosa so may not be typical.

The Auberge de la Vignette Haute is an easy stroll just down from the main village and even though much of its construction is an historical mock up its done well.

We were on an excellent half board package that included wine with the meal so it is perhaps worth checking with the hotel if they are doing any "deals" before booking.

The restaurant itself is worth a visit. One side of the room is a glass wall and on the otherside of the glass wall there is a collection of farm yard animals happily munching their food as you eat (out of respect both my wife and I had fish to eat that night).

We were unable to eat outside but the terrace and the pool have some lovely views over the valley.

OK the idea is a bit Disney but it is definately worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Orange County, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed at La Vignette Haute ( the High Vineyard) for an evening in late June 2010. It was a lovely experience and quite memorable. It was very difficult to find ( though could be from faulty Google directions I had printed up) but as you know on vacation, getting lost is half the fun. The Auberge sits about 200 meters from the actual old Perched Village calle Auribeau ( which is French sounds like Horrible) but it is darling and well worth a little walk up to the village.
The staff in the hotel were very nice and helpful. I was given a full tour of the inn upon arrival. Our room was large, Air conditioned, and had a great view of the hills that in February are bright yellow with Mimosa plants. Everything in the Auberge is done with a Disney-esque style of detail. It truly feels like you are back in the Midevil times. So much, in fact, that we did not know it was a copy until the next morning when we were reading the hotel's information.
We slept very well. The inn is extremely quite. We ate in the restaurant which was busy the evening we were there with a party. Though the food was impeccable, the service was a little lack luster. We stood in plain view for 15 minutes before anyone approached us or welcomed us. Once seated, the service was better. Our female waitress was very sweet. She also served us breakfast in the morning which one MUST take on the open air patio that looks over the gorgeous valley.
We had some issues with payment in the end as our Credit Card was not processing, but they gave us no problem and assured us that it would get fixed.
The most interesting thing about the inn is that it has host a BEVY of famous cliental. Diana Ross, Ralph Lauren, and Madonna have stayed in this Inn. I am sure, because of its' specialness but aslo privacy and, of course, its' proximity to Cannes.
Come stay and Enjoy the Auberge! You will be happy you did and will also have great memories to take away!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel with amazing decor and location. romantic and serene it is a great place to get away from it all. however it has one major flaw - The resturant - bad service, over priced and little choice. For a 4 star hotel and one classed in the small luxury hotels of the world you woudl expect alot more regarding the food and the service. Most nights the resturant was empty (we now know why). If you are used to paying €170 for a two course meal that is average to say the least then go ahead. However if you want do not want to be angered by the bad service and average food and remember this place as amazing (as it should be) then eat in eaither grass the local village or walk up to the old village and have a pizza. If the prices of the food were about 30% less they woudl have more cutomers. It is a shame as our room and the actual hotel was just amazing!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
mnta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Bonjour Karine - We are back in the USA and I wanted to enclose a few photos. I also wanted to tell you that, other than your pleasant demeanor, guidance and Frank's help with touring ideas, our visit to Vignette Haute was - sadly - a big disappointment.

I think the final "last straw" was when my wife was completely on her own when it came to trying to get on to the beach in Cannes (Aug 29). In fact, Vignette Haute had no relationship with the Carlton, and only because my wife had a pleasant personality - and about 50 Euros - was she able to gain access to the facility. This was yet another sad, unfortunate example of Vignette Haute PROMISING AND GURANTEEING SOMETHING THAT VIGNETTE HAUTE COULD NOT DELIVER UPON.

If there were a theme to our visit, that would be it -- PROMISES MADE, ASSURANCES GIVEN...BUT THE FOLLOW THROUGH WAS NOT THERE.

Again, after all the research, and all the e-mails, it truly saddens me to have to write in this manner. But, I believe this is the only way to begin the process of trying to SAVE THE REPUTATION of Vignette Haute. Can we honestly say Vignette Haute at this point in its life is a genuine four-star property? I do not believe so.

Alas, compared to my visit in 2001, Vignette Haute has become a tired, tattered and confused property.

Tired? Just look at the carpet leading to the front door --once smooth and red, now faded badly.

Tattered? Just look at the curtain liner in our Room (9) - torn and full of holes; the bathroom sink flowing ever so slowly.

Confused? For starters, let's look at the "Yes, you have a shuttle...no there is no shuttle and you have to take a taxi...and we do not show any taxi ordered for you" (Aug 27)...or..."Yes, we said Jo would be your driver to take your wife to the beach (Aug 29), but no, Jo is not coming...but we will get you a taxi instead."

Or let's look at the wait staff...these people have so much good energy, and they are well-meaning...but they appear to be running around without any real organisation of their time, or how to prioritise their attentions and service to the guest. Our food was delicious, but particularly at our final dinner (Aug 29), the service was extremely inconsistent. I had to ask at least five times to have my wine (the bottle I paid for special) brought to our table.

Now, with all that said, I believe in the positive way of looking at life. HOW CAN WE HELP SAVE VIGNETTE HAUTE? For the above and other reasons Vignette Haute is on the precipice -- without some major adjustments in both physical property and internal operations, I believe V.H. is at high risk of becoming merely a facade, its reputation ruined. And how many other guests, how many couples looking for that romantic getaway, how many VIPs accustomed to have everything ready in first-class fashion, will be disappointed and express their frustrations to you. (As if you needed more burdens, trying to keep things on a good level??)

I am ready, willing and able to do my part. Does it begin with a letter to the Manager? A letter to the new owner(s)? Whatever I can do to help, you can be assured of my constructive response.

Karine, we enjoyed meeting you and we can appreciate the challenges you have on a daily basis at Vignette Haute. I hope our disappointments - and this letter - can be a positive step in the direction of re-establishing Vignette Haute and actually BEING THE PLACE THAT IS ADVERTISED ON THE INTERNET AND PORTRAYED IN THE LITTLE POCKET BROCHURE.

I would be happy to discuss every facet of our visit at anytime. In the meantime, we wish you the best in all personal and professional endeavours.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Colchester Essex UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

On arrival you would be convinced this hotel is an actual medeival building but it is a wonderful copy with stone walls and antiques built circa 1990.The position is exceptional next to the hill top town of Auribeau Sur Signe with wonderful views over the hills and close to Cannes .Peaceful and relaxing with nice rooms and a restaurant that has a high reputation locally.Personally speaking although the restaurant food is good I think set menu of the day is overpriced at 90 euros ( including local wine of low quality) but you are probably paying for the unique position and quirkyness of the offer.There are limited staff and sometimes you have to search for someone to get you a midday or pre-dinner drink.Breakfast at 15 euro is limited to juice,rolls,croissants and coffee.Having said that its well worth a stay for 1 or 2 nights.

Stayed September 2007

Been to Auberge de la Vignette Haute? Share your experiences!