“Disgusting - worst hotel ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Parador Villa del Mar

Hotel Parador Villa del Mar
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Parguera
Hotel Parador Villa del Mar
You added Hotel Parador Villa del Mar to your Saves list
3 Calle Albizu Campos, La Parguera 00683, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in La Parguera
Salt Lake City
“Disgusting - worst hotel ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

I hate to add to the dismal reviews of others, but people need to be warned: Do not book a room here under any circumstances! We booked "Villa Del Mar" because we thought it was on the ocean. It is NOT. it's on a remote hillside, not handy to any of the activities in La Parguera.

When we arrived there was no one to be found - no cars in the lot and the office was locked. After about 15 minutes, we located the woman who is the owner. Her demeanor was cross and unfriendly, but we got the key to the room and moved our luggage in. My wife needed to use the bathroom so she lifted up the toilet lid and - incredible - found some "brown material" on the toilet seat! Use your imagination. She wiped it with a piece of toilet paper and saw that there was some gray stuff kind of coating the seat, as well. It coated the entire seat, and she swabbed the floor, and it was there, too. There were many other filthy areas in the bathroom and some in the bedroom.

We went to the office to complain and the owner was a witch! She didn't even offer to clean the room, she just said that we coulld leave if we wanted, but she had run our credit card for two nights, and we would be billed, whatever we did. We went back to the room to discuss what to do and decided that even if we paid twice, we were not going to stay in that filthy place, so we left without unpacking.

We went to the Villa Parguera in town, and what a difference! The staff was warm and courteous, the grounds were lovely and right on the ocean, with a great pool and restaurant. Because it was the off-season, they gave us an ocean-view room and a discount of $30 less than the Del Mar was charging. Do yourself a favor if you are going to La Parguera and book here!

We are disputing the Del Mar's charge with my credit card company since we didn't stay at the Del Mar and no reasonable person would have done so. The owner should be out of business and you will regret it if you book a room with them.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Filthy bathroom, surly owner/staff
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
6 Thank mtngeo

Vega Baja, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

We arrived Thursday night (very late) to Villa del Mar. Our room overlooked the pool on a 2 floor. I wanted to take a bath, so I opened the shower to see if there was hot water. After a couple of minutes i notice the water wasn't getting hot so I closed the shower and walked away... at least I tried but i fell on the 2 steps that were on the bathroom. I dislocated my big toe, got unconscious for a couple of minutes, and had a big scared. Because of that my friends got out of the room a couple of times to bring me ice, and alcohol (to wake up), etc. The lady in the next room (whom we later learned was the owner of the place) told us that we were making too much noise with the door. The door had a problem on the top and didn't close well so it had to be pushed very hard for it to close and that was why it made so much noise. If she didn't like the noise she should had fixed that door or simply not live beside one room of that Hotel. The next day I went to tell the receptionist about my incident, waited till 3pm when she arrived. When I told her she didn't ask for my name or any info about me. She went to the room because I told her that I didn't want any money I just wanted to show her the reason why I fell and dislocated my toe. I showed her that the curtain was too high and the water dripped out of the shower, plus the drain was not big enough so the water accumulated till it got out also. She said that I had reason and that she was very sorry about the incident, that she was going to talk to the owner and let me know about it. She was going to get a longer curtain and more towels for us to put in the floor. Of all that I only saw the towels. I never spoke to the owner nor she asked me for even my name. Saturday as we laid on the Terrace on the 2 floor the owner came giving us instructions that we were suppose to close a gate because we were the only room occupated on that floor and it was our responsibility to close the gate so other people couldn't go up (to that Terrace which seemed to be the restaurant and had a spectacular view of La Parguera). She told us to behave and went on to turn off our water heater (then I knew why the water sometimes was hot and others cold). To me if she has trouble with her guests she should not live there. I took a vacation to get out of my routine and be happy and calm without stress. She reminded me of my mother always overlooking what I did. She also told us they had Dish but when we arrived the TV only had 5 channels. I sure WON'T stay there again. After this vacation I spent money on doctors, medicine, and X-rays to check that my foot is ok. I've been walking like a crazy woman since that fatal Thursday night. One of the worst places I've been. At least in other places the service and the people are good and kind.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Bad staff service. Pool wasn't clean.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank saturn_669

Travelers are raving about these La Parguera hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2005

It all started on Friday, we arrived at 7:00pm, it was very hot, the air conditioner were not working properly, and the electricity went off...
They had a generator, but the girl at the "front desk" could not turn it on, and couldn't see the number written on the wall, since it was dark. So they ask us to lend them the cell phone for them to call for assistance. After a while they did turned the generator on. The room door was cristal clear, and the courtains didn't covered it at all, so no privacity even while sleeping. There were lots of ants in the floor, so my husband and I had to carry our 14month girl at all times, since we were scared of the ants. So, she was cranky (because she wants to be on the floor at all times)...and also because it was really hot. When we were about to go to sleep, there was a woman that work for the hotel and told us "you dont need to worry, but please make sure to securely lock the room and hall door before going to sleep" HELLO!!! read between the lines, It is isolated on a mountain, no electricity, not clean, and not secure.....you don't want to stay there...
OK, so it was late, we went to sleep (hoping that the a/c will start cooling sometime). it was 2:00am and we were sweting, litterally. My husband tried to look for someone to change the room for us...but nobody was around. There is NOTHING to buy at the hotel (not even water or food). At 7:00am in the morning the room was very sunny, there was no breakfast(as they mention in their adds).
At 8:00am we were just READY TO GO! We tried to explained the ladies at the counter (obviously by 9:30am, nobody before) that we wanted to leave, to please not charge the following 2 nights. She was very mad and said no, that they can change our room if we wanted to. I told her it was not what we expected, no security, food, ants, etc. So she was very nasty and just said "Well, leave the keys on the room and do whatever you want, we dont care, we will charge you the 3 nights anyway". About the baby and the ants, when we complained about the fact that we cannot even put the baby on the floor, she just said "that's because you didn't came prepared for a baby" Customer service? Not there. We use to go for weekends a lot in PR, and I can tell, this has been our worst experience. We definitively moved to another hotel (Mayaguez Resort-a little more to the west), it was really good. Great food, excellente service, great air cond...
It is near downtown, but you need a car to get to it, or get anywhere(even to buy bottled water). What a nightmare of place, attitude and service...
and worst of all, they seem to be used to people to leave before expected, since they make you sign a paper (which didn't happend to us, thank God) that sais that once you are there, you cannot cancel, and leave.
We were there just for a night, and another couple which we met later and stayed for two nights told us the electicity went off the following night, also, and that they're still waiting for the air cond. to work properly.

• Stayed September 2005
Parador Combate Beach
#1 of 5 in Cabo Rojo
4.5 of 5 stars 375 reviews
Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel

Been to Hotel Parador Villa del Mar? Share your experiences!