“Borehamwood Ibis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Borehamwood Ibis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I use the IBIS Borehamwood fairly regularly for business stays. I always find the staff to be helpful and friendly and always generally get a good night sleep, The bar and restaurant is good, meals are always well presented and reasonably good value

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melih Yanik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Everything during this visit was fine, but each time I stay the price is higher! First stay 6 weeks ago £39. This time paid £63 even though the sign outside did say from £55!
Had to fill in all the info on a registration form even though I booked and paid for it on their web site and am a member of their Business club, which was a bind.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Simple, comfortable, clean rooms, Very comfortable bed!!. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Extremely good value fir money. A short taxi ride to train station,then all day travel card to London easy peasey!!! A great location to stay if visiting London. Great bar and restaurant at the hotel, breakfast is a reaonable £8. I say again !!! Great value highly recommended !

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is well situated a short taxi ride from wembley.The rooms are very clean and tidy and staff very helpful and polite.The bar stayed open quite late which was a bonus we enjoyed our stay very much.The car park is small but you can get a free pass for public car park which is just outside the main entrance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, May 16, 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed in Room 103.
Facilities provided same as for any budget hotel, but the standard of cleanliness poor in comparison. There was mould all around the window frame, and marks on the carpet. The size of the towels, ladies, is not enough to protect your modesty and you are given one towel to act as both handtowel and for the shower. I did ask reception for another towel, but apparantly they didn't have any spare...
Standard of service, towel notwithstanding, was also poor. I booked a double room online, but when I arrived was given a twin. I was informed the online booking system is not sophisticated enough to show when doubles have sold out, and they do not notify guests of this.
Upsides of this hotel - close to Elstree studios, and a large Tesco. Toby Carvey nearby, and some takeaways. If you do have to stay in the hotel, spend as little time inside as possible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Melih Yanik

Travelers are raving about these Borehamwood hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

we have just stayed at the ibis hotel for 2 nights.I got a good rate through my accor card.The room was very clean and all the amenities were great.We had continental breakfast we was great value for money.The train station into central london was only a 15 min walk.We will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Lovely hotel for any one on a budget, lovely staff and good food. 5-10 minuets walk from the town centre where a variety of entertainment can be found from restaurants/bars to shopping parks and cinemas.

Room Tip: All the same with newly fitted beds and carpets. The rooms on the back have the benefit of overlooki...