“great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Borehamwood
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

we have just stayed at the ibis hotel for 2 nights.I got a good rate through my accor card.The room was very clean and all the amenities were great.We had continental breakfast we was great value for money.The train station into central london was only a 15 min walk.We will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

459 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Lovely hotel for any one on a budget, lovely staff and good food. 5-10 minuets walk from the town centre where a variety of entertainment can be found from restaurants/bars to shopping parks and cinemas.

Room Tip: All the same with newly fitted beds and carpets. The rooms on the back have the benefit of overlooki...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

Burnley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed on the fifth floor in a tidy room. Good facilities for a one night stay. Only problem was the noisy bathroom fan which kept me awake! Help yourself breakfast could have been presented better. The overcooked scrambled eggs in a bowl was not a good attraction first thing in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

San Diego, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have stayed at this venue a number of times on previous visits to the UK. On this occasion I found the service at the hotel had deteriorated from past visits. My foremost complaint is the car parking facilities for disabled guests. I did have a car for the duration of my visit and do possess a disabled parking plackard albeit from California. There are 4 designated disabled parking spots in front of the hotel. Very often these spaces are occupied by cars not displaying disabled placards. One space isalwaysoccupied by an employee at the hotel. I did speak with the front desk personnel and also a person who insisted he was the hotel manager when in fact he was the assistant manager. They showed no concern of the issue and also told me they had no knowledge of who the car that was continually parked in one of the spots. I take this issue very seriously and do hope this issue can be resolved.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We have now new Ibis beds and new carpets in the rooms

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Hastings, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I thought by paying double what Travelodge were charging for the weekend of 27th & 28th April, we would be getting a good deal. After all this is a brand new hotel, with plenty of parking etc. We arrived at 12.45 (check-in is at 12.00) to be met with a receptionist with a face as sour as curdled milk! She informed us that our room wasn't ready and that we would have to wait for it to be cleaned. We were there with a two year old toddler and had just travelled four hours in the car! We were already running late for an appointment as we had aimed to be there at 12.00, so I told her we needed the room now! After arguing with us for several minutes and continually using the excuse that she had just booked out 3 of the family rooms, she suddenly magically found a room, which was probably the worst room in the whole hotel (ROOM 6, GROUND FLOOR)!!!!!!!! It was right on top of reception, so quite noisy, we were overlooked by everyone going in and out of the car park so you couldn't open the curtains at all because of no privacy, the room was sooooo small with no dressing table and nowhere to put any of your things, no proper wardrobe just a hanging rail so tucked away that it was very awkward to get to your clothes, it was a twin-bedded room instead of being a double bedded room as we had booked, it hadn't been cleaned properly in the bathroom and definitely hadn't been hoovered, on the second night we had constant noise from people going in and out of each other's rooms so I had to get up and tell people to be quiet, the receptionist was also blaring out music all evening until late and I had to ask him to turn it down, there were only two towels in the room with no hand towel so had to ask for extra and we were given plastic spoons for our tea & coffee which melted in the cup when we used them! The only good thing I can say is that our beds were quite comfortable but overall this was very very poor. and we will not be staying there again!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

We have now new Ibis beds and new carpets in the rooms

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Once again the ibis has turned up trumps for quality service at affordable rates. And all within a stones throw of the town centre which has almost everything you could need including a train station.

Room Tip: They are all the same :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, May 1, 2013

Ilminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been staying in the Ibis in Borehamwood for 7 months due to work commitments. The hotel has everything one would need when staying away from home.
All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, well equipped and the beds are one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept in.
I have enjoyed my stay here so much that I bought my family to stay here while visiting London.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I'm working in this area again.

Room Tip: If you are booking on line and you need a twin not a double, be sure call the hotel direct and tell...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Melih Yanik

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!