“Friendly family restaurant with good food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

020 8207 5350
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 35 Restaurants in Borehamwood
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Friendly family restaurant with good food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

For a local café/diner this has to rate as one of the best I've been to. Staff are friendly and obliging - changing mash for fries, for example, or making tea just as you like it (dash of milk in my case). The interior looks a bit dated but is clean and comfy with a cheerful atmosphere. I took my father here for lunch as he goes there regularly for breakfast and recommended it. There is a wide choice of British and other cuisines on the menu, including some vegetarian dishes, which are all cooked to order and, in my opinion, cooked to perfection. I had chicken in a garlic cream sauce which came with grilled mashed potato, mushrooms and spinach, and was delicious. My husband and father both had liver and bacon - a good old British dish rarely available in other restaurants and pubs - which I was told was excellent. It came with mash, onions and gravy and the server was happy to swap mash for fries when asked. They also do desserts such as apple pie, chocolate pudding and my favourite, sticky toffee pudding. I am told the breakfasts are equally good but have yet to try them. The total bill for 4 teas, three main course and two desserts was about £33.00. I would recommend this restaurant for a quick lunch (or breakfast) when a less formal occasion is called for.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
“BEST breakfast in Borehamwood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Lovely comfort food, good quality breakfast cooked fresh to order at a good price.

I always get their Bubble & Squeak & buttered toast which is amazing! :)

• Visited December 2013