“Solid performer” 4 of 5 stars

London, England, United Kingdom
“Solid performer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Fast friendly service.

Good portions, decent prices, authentic experience. Little things make a big difference with Turkish places, the chilli sauce lacks freshness and too hot which loses it a couple of points.

The falafel was very good, Tavuk Sis very moist. The Tavuk Kofte a little bland. The rice is fluffy and hot unlike some turk places, and salad as very fresh.

Overall, good solid performance and looking forward to going again.

Visited March 2013

“Great Turkish Munch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pukka!! Pukka!! Pukka!!
Best Turkish in North London.
I've been there probably 10 times and each time it's consistently good.
My kids love it in there as well.
Cannot fault the food.
Top quality with great service and good value.
The £7.95 2 course lunch special is a must.
Can't beat it.
Kosk I'm with you all the way.
Keep up your standards and I'll keep coming in.
See you all soon
Bubalah

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Radlett, United Kingdom
“Perfect turkish reataurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Friday we decide to go out again, and have dinner somewhere. After driving about 80 miles, I realized ,I would not like to get involved in a fight over a table on a Friday night somewhere in St.Alabans, or Harpenden. I love these so called restaurants, they can't even sit 20 people, they are constantly full, and even if you can land a table , you are going to be disturbed by the people who sit next to you,or by the people who turn up for their take away.
I think these restaurant owners don't really understand the concept of going to a restaurant. I want privacy, a bit of quiet, don't wanna listen to other-mainly drunken- people's conversation, and definitely do not want to see women embarrassing themselves,because they just had one too many..
Anyway, we finally ended up n Borehamwood, 49 Shenley Rd. Kosk Restaurant.
Recently refurbished to a very high standard, first thing you realize how clean it is. Real flowers on the table, and yes you have enough space around you!
Before we would order , the waiter quickly brought us some olives and bread. Another suprise, the bread is made in the restaurant, and they have their own bread owen as well!!! Very interesting how they grill as well, because they do not use gas, or electric grills, it is the good old charcoal fire !!!! Before anyone would worry, the grill is surrounded by thick glass, so no one can fall into it.
Food. Very similar to Divan, which is just up the road, but a bit different. Good , Honest, simple dishes, but very very tasty.
We don't do lunch menus, so we had 2 Rakis, 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 desserts, and we paid £45!
They do have take away as well, but somehow that doesn't really disturb the diners. And something else. It was around half past nine in the evening, when we turned up, a bit late, but no one turned as away, with the usual excuse that the kitchen is closed, or bla bla bal. I asked the waiter if we should get the food packed , because they are about to close and he said don't worry, just enjoy your food, they can wait. Now this is what I call service!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Borehamwood, England, United Kingdom
“one of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

TYhis is the most excellent true restaurant in Borehamwood and we enjoyed a woinderful meal in the anbience of tghis eating house big portions and excellent waiting staff and the price is very reasonable

• Visited December 2012
london
“great lunch deals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

this is a nice new restaurant in the shopping area of borehamwood. It is all clean and new very well refurbished. They offer a lunch menu of 2 courses for £7.95. We had calamari and white bait as our starters. The calamari was the best I have had in years. I followed with mousaka and my husband had the lamb ribs. Both came with salad and rice. Very good value for money. The staff were friendly and the whole experience was good. They brought us turkish bread and olives while we were waiting for the starters and theydid not charge for this. With the bill came turkish delight and bavclava also free of charge. I had a bottle of sparking water £1.50 and enough for 2 glasses and my husband had turkish beer £3.95. We had a cheap filling and very pleasant lunch for under £20. Will go back in the evening and try their main menu. can recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013