“A ronseal hotel...perfect if you need a cheap clean place to sleep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada London North

You added Ramada London North to your Saves list
Ramada London North
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   M1 Between Jct 2-4 | London Gateway Services, Borehamwood NW7 3HU, England (Formerly Days Hotel London North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Welland, Canada
“A ronseal hotel...perfect if you need a cheap clean place to sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had booked in to the Harry potter experience and so wanted a cheap place to stay for a few nights, separate room for kids and parents. This was convenient and provided easy access to both the studios and north London. Breakfast was fine and plentiful. Parking free, Internet free and beds comfortable. All the staff were friendly. The hotel is in the motor services stop so don't expect great views but St. Albans is just 20 mins away for plenty of history and places to eat.

Simple, basic and comfortable but expect plenty of football fans to have worked this out as well at the weekend as the lobby bar was filled with fans and the car park with their coaches from travelling south to see their teams. Having said that there was absolutely no noise to disrupt our sleep either night.

We used as a launch pad for a day trip into central London and it gives perfect access route.

Not luxurious but fine for a base.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thimmaiah G, General Manager at Ramada London North, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Look forward to welcoming you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions while visiting London and have always found it good value for money. On this occasion our room was spacious and bright with all mod cons and two comfortable single beds (we had asked for a twin room)

If you want a cooked breakfast the restaurant has a good buffet (cheaper if you book the night before) it also serves dinner. You do need a car to stay here as it's just off the MI and about 6 miles before you hit the north circular.....but that's what brings the price down and by booking in advance we paid £55 a night room only.

A large well run hotel that provides a good launching pad for trips into London at an affordable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is cheap and cheerful. The room is clean and spacious. We really can't expect any more consider what we have paid. It comes with free parking and is only ten miles away from central london.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thimmaiah G, General Manager at Ramada London North, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for updating us with your great comments. We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit.

Kind regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very modern, well appointed and great value for money. Only issues I had were; a very rude person in the room next door was obviously smoking in their room to the point I could smell it in mine. Being asthmatic and having young children in our room we complained to reception staff, who to be fair, came up immediately. They did however say they couldn't smell anything?!! I was shocked as the corridor absolutely reeked! I asked to be moved and was told that they only had twin rooms left so couldn't possibly move us. I wasn't happy with this so continued to protest pointing out my asthma and having a child in the room. She then decided that they did have a family room that we could be moved to and we were moved swiftly after. Had she not have lied about not having a room to move us to; I'd have been happy with the service, but shame on Days Inn for employing staff who would lie! Otherwise we ate in the hotel restaurant in the evening and the food was nice (very big portions)- although we stayed on a Sunday night and I'd warn you if staying then- they have a reduced menu?! The hotel is also quite out of the way but you can park behind Edgware tube station (Sainsbury car park) for £4 for the day during week and free on a Sunday!! So ideal if you are driving and want easy access to London. All in all.. Had the staff not lied.. I'd have given the hotel a 5 star rating :0)

• Stayed August 2013
Thimmaiah G, General Manager at Ramada London North, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Ms Lee,

I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I have fully investigated your comments and am pleased to confirm that the details you were given by the Duty Manager were correct. Unfortunately on this occasion we had sold all family rooms which was the room type you required on this particular evening.

Once the Duty Manager went to reception and had a look at all arrivals she decided that we were able to use a standard double room and organise an extra bed for you child which would make your stay more comfortable. Unfortunately this additional room which was made up especially for your family has led to a negative review of the hotel. I apologise that this situation has made you feel that our staff member would give such poor customer service.

I would also like to apologise that the Duty Manager was unable to smell smoke in the corridor that evening but she assures me that she was being honest and genuinely could not smell the smoke. Again I apologise that this made her look rude.

Please be assured we would not allow such bad customer service or tolerate any member of our staff lying to our guests.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will have been addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologise for the experience you have had during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Yours Sincerely

Thimmaiah Gummatira
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed one night in a different hotel in Borehamwood and was very disappointed the second night we stayed at the Days Hotel London North and we wished we had found this one first, the rooms were spacious and clean with lovely king size beds and the staff are friendly and very obliging the only thing I would have liked is a power point at the side of the bed for for mobile phones, ipads, and laptops, we will be using the hotel for future trips to London

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have just returned from a two week stay in London which I booked last minute. I checked out the usual travelodges, premier inns and holiday inn expresses prior to arrival but was not happy with either the price or quality. A friend suggested the Days Hotel at Gateway Services which I would never have thought about due to the location. i was really surprised by how nice it is. It looks newly refurbished. Very light and bright, nice looking lobby, bar and restaurant. Immaculately clean and a really friendly welcome. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable (all are similar I believe) and it was surprisingly quiet (my room was on the third floor facing the road). Breakfast can be busy before 8.30 as they get regular loads of tourists visiting London, but otherwise it is nice and quiet and has a really good atmosphere with very helpful staff. Angela, the Front Office Manager was incredibly efficient and charming and helped me sort out some extra requirements I needed during my stay. I was welcomed each morning with a big, friendly smile by Veronika in the restaurant and Lukus the chef knew exactly how I liked my eggs and made them especially for me, without me having to ask. I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually miss the place! Will definitely be back whenever I return.

Room Tip: I think the best rooms are on a higher floor at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I took our nearly 6 & nearly 4year old here for two nights. It was easy to find after a four drive from The NorthEast- we didnt use our sat nav, we just followed the motorway signs for gateway services. The receptionists were lovely, particularly a really friendly blonde haired lady, possibly the reception manager- she made us feel particularly welcome!
Our family room, ground floor 102, was spacious with a huge double bed and two fold outs. The bathroom was newly decorated. Small amount of noise from motorway but nothing major, a fridge in the room would have made it super great!
Our children ate free on the evening and at breakfast. Breakfast on Tuesday and evening meal on Monday had a better selection. There were coach groups arriving/having breakfast, but even after we delayed our breakfast till the school group had eaten, there was still plenty of food left!
I'd researched driving and parking at tube stations in zone4, even getting the bus but in the end it was easier and less hassle to pay £5 for a taxi to Edgware & £8.70 for an off peak travel card - kids went free on underground. We knew we would have to travel from one of the most northern tube stops and felt with the savings on hotel room, breakfast and food it was fine. (There are two cheap and well stocked food/off licences just a walk round the corner from the tube station which came in handy. There's also a Waitrose at the services.)
After two hectic, very tourist filled days in our capital city, the hotel was a peaceful, welcome nights rest. We will be staying again!

Room Tip: Room 102, family room, ground floor, little motorway noise, literally took a minute to run back to r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada London North? Share your experiences!