“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada London North

You added Ramada London North to your Saves list
Ramada London North
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   M1 Between Jct 2-4 | London Gateway Services, Borehamwood NW7 3HU, England (Formerly Days Hotel London North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
yorkshire
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions while visiting family in North London. The location is convenient if you have a car, but remember to register your number plate before parking, otherwise you may get a parking ticket! This happened to us once, but the hotel sorted the problem in a friendly, efficient manner. The rooms are pleasant and clean, the beds very large and comfortable, the staff are honest and helpful. I left my phone in the room after check out, but the cleaning staff handed it in and I could pick it up later.
We only had breakfast once. It was your average buffet and rather pricey for what was offered but not included in the room price so you have a choice to go elsewhere.
If you book on line, ensure you pay your quoted price. We were overcharged but I'm sure it was a genuine mistake and we were more than recompensed for the error.
I prefer to stay here and save money rather than a more luxurious place up the road because it has everything we need and we can relax in a friendly comfortable atmosphere.

Room Tip: I found the rooms on the railway side quieter than the ones on the motorway side
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I travelled to the Days Inn at M1 Gateway North London during half term with my husband and children ages 6 & 2 years.
The hotel was easy to find and good secure parking. We received a friendly welcome and our room was ready before check-in time. The room was clean, bright and spacious. Our family room had a HUGE bed (? super queen size?) and we paid a couple of pounds extra to have the roll-out infant beds instead of sofa beds which was well worth it.
A taxi was easily obtained via touch-screen at reception which cost just £5 to Edgware Tube (top of Northern Line). We knew that this hotel was well out of the centre of London and this suited us for easy driving access + v reasonable rates + secure parking.
Our only bad experience was getting into a non-black cab on our return home on the first evening. The taxi driver did not speak any English and ended up taking us 20 mins in the opposite direction, jumping 3 red lights & a near-miss with an articulated lorry!! We eventually managed to get him to let us out at the KFC round the corner (he could not find the hotel access road) and we called the hotel to send us a cab, which arrived 5 mins later and took us safely back. It was pretty scary with two children in tow! So I would advise to only get black cabs or the taxis via the hotel.
Food was absolutely excellent and the staff very happy and helpful.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family break or business stay (the only downside with the latter was that the free Wifi did not reach to our room - perhaps they put the families down that end!).

Room Tip: Ask for roll out beds (a few pounds extra) rather than the standard sofa beds for little people.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
hereford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I was attending a business meeting in Stanmore and came across this hotel on Travel Republic. In fact got a very good rate. This hotel is between jn 2 and 4 of the M1 (There is no jn 3!). I was pleasantly surprised on my arrival to find this large hotel with well maintained lifts, corridors, restaurant and bar area. The bedroom was of a very good size and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was very contemporary and good shower and deep bath.

The rooms face either the motorway or the railway line behind. My room was on the side of the railway line and though I could hear the trains it was almost like a whisper and on the second night didnt hear the trains at all.

Breakfast was good with a good choice and quality was good. The hotel is favoured by the Japanese tourists and they come by the busload, so if your arrival time is just after them then expect a long queue! I was lucky and missed them by 10 minutes at 1815!

You can access the hotel from both the north and southbound carriageway. However access to Stanmore is poor and you have to drive up to jn 5 and turn back to come to Stanmore. That was the only inconvenience as it is a 10 mile trip which takes upto 40 minutes in peak traffic and in fact Stanmore is no more than 3 miles from the hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Southampton, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We had a family room for 2 adults & one child age 11. The room was very clean, double bed possibly a king size as large.
Cannot comment about the food as we did not use the restaurant. But it all looked very nice.
We were on the ground floor & right near to the car park, with the motorway the other side of that. There were no issues with noise & a good nights sleep had by all. Would definitely use again.
Please note you can approach this from either North or South bound & the exit from the motorway will take you to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting London with my 12 year old. Price was lowest of all London hotels/B&Bs, but be aware you exchange it for the convinence of being closer. A short cab ride to Edgware Tube will cost 5 pounds. By the day I left the hotel had found a cab company that would pick you up at the hotel vs. having to walk to the barrier for the same price. From Edgware into the city it took about 50 min. By taxi it takes about 30 min to Oxford Circus but will run about 25 pounds. The hotel has room service, a movie channel, free wi-fi and it's located next to a rest station that has Starbucks, Burger King, a hot food place and a small convinence store. Even though it's next to the freeway, I couldn't hear it. Overall, I liked the hotel but if you have small children and want to visit the city, I wouldn't stay here. My 12 yr old didn't mind it so much, but after a day of walking around London, even a 50 min stop-and-go subway ride can get old, and I'm used to long commutes.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Wisbech
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed here on business for one night in September this year and was very impressed.
The room was well equiped, spacious and clean. Everything worked perfectly and although I did notice the trains flashing past the windows when I was in the restaurant I cant honestly say I noticed them at all in the room.
I go to london for a night or two 6 or 7 times a year and my rooms are always paid for by the companies I am going to see (I am a buyer for a department store) I dont worry too much about where I stay as I am normally taken out and the hotel is normally just somewhere for me to sleep. However after a bad night in a different (Wembly Travelodge) hotel I am getting a little more selective about where I stay. I would normally suggest a Holiday Inn which has very similar quality rooms to this hotel but is let down by a miserable continental breakfast.
However at the Days Inn we actually stayed in the hotel for our evening meal and was very pleasantly surprised, the food was to a very good standard and the restaurant staff were great.
Breakfast was also excellent and I will certainly suggest that I would be happy to be a guest here again. The company rep that I was with told me that this hotel is slightly cheaper than the one they normally send me too so I shall no doubt return soon!!

Room Tip: I was in room 350 whic seems to be on the opposite side of the hotel to the railway line! along with...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

we stay at this motel at least 4 times a year compared to london hotel prices this is by far the best value.Only 5 minutes from goldersgreen and the brent cross shopping centre.
on the m1 motorway junction 4 so fantastic if you need the m1/m25 or the north circular road
But beware quite noisy as trains rumble past every few minutes.this a no smoking hotel so if you want to smoke ...outside only.
free parking but you must registar your car at the front desk on checking in.

Room Tip: all the same
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
LondonNorth50, Front Office Manager at Ramada London North, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you chose to stay at Days Hotel London North when visiting London. My apologies if you haven’t been informed about the smoking and non-smoking choices we offer to our guests, we however advise our guests to let us know their preferences while booking with us.

I am glad you have pointed out the free parking. To secure our car parking area we have installed an automatic number plate recognition system. Hence to secure our parking area and for our guests to avoid being charged we ask them to register their vehicle registration number. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Days Hotel London North in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Siddiq Wali

Been to Ramada London North? Share your experiences!