Stayed one night. Good value, £65 inc breakfast. Receptionist and bar staff very friendly and helpful. Warm, clean room. Not top end, but very acceptable. Lovely old building in parkland. May as well eat at the hotel as there is very little of any quality in Lanark, which is a short drive - too far to walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stone's throw away from the Royal Burgh of Lanark, located in the Clyde Valley stands Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel. Completed in the late 1800's the hotel is the finest example of Sir John James Burnett's Baronial style of Scottish architecture and is a Grade A listed building. An hour's drive from Glasgow or Edinburgh, set in 19 acres of woodland, this 3 star hotel is virtually unchanged from its days as a splendid family mansion. Now the hotel serves as an excellent venue for business meetings, conferences, weddings and social events, each catered within a varied range of suites. Facilities accommodate gatherings for two or 250 guests, with ample free parking. Nearby attractions:-Falls of Clyde, Royal Burgh of Lanark, Roslyn Chapel (noted in the 'Da Vinci Code'), Lanark Loch, Clyde Valley Tourist Route, Tinto Hill, The Glenmuir Outlet. BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge - Large enough to cope - Small enough to care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lanark
- Cartland Bridge Country Hotel
- BEST WESTERN Cartland Bridge Hotel Lanark, Scotland