we went on a Sun newspaper promotion for 4 nights so we obviously paid a bargain price!
We took our 1 year old baby along.
1. great location alongside a lovely beach and well located for driving to a variety of attractions in the s.Wales area.
2. caravan seemed clean
3. check in very quick and efficient. friendly reception staff.
4. paving up to caravan door and own parking bay (was v wet and i have stayed in sites where you have to trek across mud to get from your car to caravan!)
1.very basic small caravan (but because we got a promotion i would expect this).
2. no pavements so you always have to walk in the road-at busier times i guess this would be a problem
3. nothing opens early!(except 1 restaurant!). had to wait until 10 for a swim/visit amusement arcade/play crazy golf etc. would have also been nice if the pool also opened a bit later so people could swim later (for me once baby in bed at 7pm!!)
4. no seating area outsude caravan.
can't comment on entertainment as we didnt watch any due to baby going to bed at 7 and the only toddler activities for a short spell at 10am (nap time!).
overall, we enjoyed our stay here. It was basic but what we expected.
- Also Known As:
- Trecco Bay Holiday Park Hotel
- Trecco Bay Holiday Park Hotel Porthcawl
- Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park Porthcawl, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One fantsatic big family fun park!You bring the family - we'll supply all the entertainment with crazy kids' clubs, our fabulous Splashland indoor pool, wet and wild outdoor play, bowling, bingo and basketball. And that's just for starters! When you're not whizzing down zip wires and watching live shows, you're only a hop, skip and a jump from a blue flag beach and countless other fantastic visitor attractions. * One of the UK's largest holiday parks * Right on the edge of a lovely Blue Flag beach * Explore the Glamorgan Heritage Coastline * Fantastic Splashland pirate themed pool * Live Showtime Entertainment every night ... more less