The Porthcawl Hotel was great if you only want to spend a brief time in your room. Situated in the small town of Porthcawl, it had a lot of positives but, my negative thoughts would be this:
1) Would not recommend for an older couple - Hotel is more of a Stag/Hen Do, Lads and Ladies venue.
2) Bedrooms are hit and miss. Myself and 3 friends went away and had 2 rooms. My friends room was okay but, ours was awful. Very bad smell, uncomfortable beds and generally musty feel. TV was not working at all. Ours was small and cramped but, our friends had more room, a working tv and no smell.
3) No car park - Pay and Display down the road.
4) Carpeted bathroom - Sounds finicky but, if this place is where inebriated folk would be sleeping i fear what the carpet may contain in the bathroom.
1) Very good bar/food area - In particular, the Sports Bar area was fantastic. Went during Euro 2012 and it was a great atmosphere, good prices and good staff.
2) Good staff - appreciate that this was mentioned above but, all over they were very polite
3) Good gym - If this is your bag, this is really good. Sauna in there and a punch bag room and free weights.
4) Good Nightclub - 'Streets' is really well set out and if you are staying at the hotel, has free entry. By some of the pictures i saw, they also do aerobics in it during the day.
5) 30 minutes from Cardiff, 25 from Swansea. Not bad for a location i would say.
So, rooms aside, better than average. Facilities and location was all good. I could have probably complained about the room and would have been moved but, i lived so hey ho!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your The Porthcawl Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Porthcawl Hotel Wales