“Tim Rice - An fabulous stay with my lady and I!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olivia House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthcawl
Olivia House
You added Olivia House to your Saves list
44, Esplanade Avenue, Porthcawl CF36 3YU, Wales   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Porthcawl B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Tim Rice - An fabulous stay with my lady and I!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

It is the second time we have stayed at Olivia House in the last two months and each time we found it to be the perfect little retreat for my girlfriend and I away from the hustle and bustle. The hosts Annette and Lynne were wonderful, so accommodating, they made our stay special each time. In the morning they will also serve you the perfect full English breakfast using the "best ingredients" and I am very fussy! I am also an interior designer and I loved the character of each room, it is very cosy, elegant, lots of character with the communal dining room, lounge and kitchen where you are able to play chess or simply have a few Grey Goose or coffee before leaving for dinner.

Our first stay was in The French Room, where after dining at a local restaurant with a few glasses of vino it was back to the hotel for a night cap and a chat with our host then retired to our room with a bottle of champagne and chocolates, ran a big bubble bath which is situated within the room and watched a few DVD's provided by the hotel!

Our second stay was in The Balcony Room which boasts the largest bed i've ever seen or slept in, so comfortable! The hosts were also more than happy, as one of our couples is a chef (if we didn't make too much of a mess of course!) for us to purchase some local scallops, fish and prepare a beautiful dinner which we had in the dining room along with a few bottles of wine, Annette and a friend joined us later on, it was a fabulous evening of food, conversation and laughter! The following morning after breakfast, a coffee and newspaper reading session on the balcony, Lily and I took a walk along the beach for a little fresh air and watched the waves crashing on the rocks, beautiful! (Picture attached).

I would urge anyone who was looking for a relaxing weekend away to pay this quaint establishment a visit! I would also like to thank you guys once again for making our stay a very special one and look forward to seeing you again very soon x

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Penarth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at the hospitality of the Olivia House team and we're treated like royalty. The use of house including the dining room for a dinner party was an amazing treat. Annette made this a home from home and Lynne fed us until we smiled. Will put this on my must visit again list! Thank you OH!

Room Tip: Frech or Balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We had such a lovely weekend at Olivia house. The rooms were beautifully and individually decorated, i had a brilliant couple of nights sleep in the extremely comfortable bed, and was treated to a delicious welsh breakfast in the morning, which was definitely needed! Annette and co were absolute stars too. Thank you for a great weekend, there's nowhere else in porthcawl that I would rather stay!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've stayed in many Hotels, Guest Houses and B&B's all around the World but never in one where I have been made so welcome.
Nothing was too much trouble and the level of comfort was incredible. This is certainly on my list of places to visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bodrum City, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We traveled from Turkey for a family party in Porthcawl in November and booked 5 rooms at the Olivia.
It is a wonderful place, very quirky and the hostess Annette was an amazing character full of life.
The rooms were very clean and warm, having a nice sitting room to use was also a great bonus when with a big group as we were.

Fantastic breakfast cooked by Annette and also Linda, you wont need to eat again all day.
We were the only guests there at the time and had a party one evening and this was perfectly acceptable and I think we used every glass in the house nothing was too much trouble for the hostess.

Definitely will stay again and recommend this wonderful house. Not just a B and B you felt like it was home.

5 stars are not enough this place gets many more than that
Merina, Simon and inci Phillips

Room Tip: We had the Kings suite and the solo room for our daughter which was next to ours she used our ensuit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend while visiting relatives with my daughter, and was hugely impressed. I will definitely come again. It is a lovely little boutique hotel. Charming and very unique. Annette is a wonderful host - always helpful and cheerful. The rooms are absolutely lovely and you realise that there is a great attention to detail throughout (e.g. candle lit breakfast table with gentle classical music in the background) The rooms are also spotlessly clean. I cannot find anything to be unhappy about.
The full British breakfast was excellent (especially loved the bacon and portobello mushrooms) and generous and will challenge the most hearty of appetites. Annette was also kind enough to cook something a little different for my vegetarian daughter.
I live in Hong Kong and I have stayed in many places around the world in my time and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for something a little different from the usual standard hotels. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We visited Porthcawl for a family occasion and were welcomed to Olivia House with a warm smile. Nothing was too much bother.
Breakfast was wonderful and a late check out was really appreciated.
They even ironed our shirts!!
Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The French Room and the King's Room were great - the bath in the Frnch Room is amazing! There i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Olivia House? Share your experiences!