WE HAD car trouble and missed a ferry. I telephoned the Pierhouse to advise of our late arrival. Bianca said the small hotel has no night porter and would close at 11 p.m., but said she would alert Geoff, the bartender, to look for us. Later we missed that deadline too. Due to our remote location, all efforts to telephone the hotel failed. At 3 a.m. we finally arrived, fully expecting to sleep in the parking lot and hoping only to claim our room at daylight to shower. But there in the window of the hotel was Geoff's handwritten sign, directing us to our room. The key was in the door. We collapsed into bed, tired and grateful to a hotel that went out of its way to accommodate two weary travelers in distress. Port Appin is a beautiful, out-of-the way location, and the Pierhouse is a great place to experience fine scenery and the best of Scotland's food and hospitality. As a bonus, the bathroom and shower were the best we found on our two-week vacation. It's a wonderful small hotel, well worth a detour off the beaten path.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views to the islands of Lismore and Mull, our intimate twelve bedroom hotel, bar and renowned seafood restaurant has won a fast-growing reputation as one of Argyll's most idyllic and romantic destinations. We pride ourselves on the freshness & quality of our seafood and local meats, sourcing most of our food locally. We strive to offer our guests something different - a personal and relaxed family atmosphere, stunning location and deliciously fresh food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your The Pierhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierhouse Hotel Seafood
- The Pierhouse Hotel Port Appin, Scotland