Two nights between Christmas and New Year, on a special "Twixmas" deal for DB&B. The moment we walked into reception, we knew we were on to a good thing. A warm, relaxed, laid back atmosphere, yet efficient and very much focused on guests' needs. We had a lovely room on the ground floor, with a sea view (well, there would have been a view if the weather had been better, but what the heck) and beautifully furnished with lots of cushions and throws. Spacious king size bed and a warm, spacious bathroom. The food was great - the hotel specialises in seafood, but their meat dishes are excellent as well; we especially enjoyed the roe deer venison. Not a huge wine list, but some beautiful bottles at very reasonable prices. Breakfasts were very good too, with top notch coffee. A very dog friendly hotel too. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views to the islands of Lismore and Mull, our intimate twelve bedroom hotel, bar and renowned seafood restaurant has won a fast-growing reputation as one of Argyll's most idyllic and romantic destinations. We pride ourselves on the freshness & quality of our seafood and local meats, sourcing most of our food locally. We strive to offer our guests something different - a personal and relaxed family atmosphere, stunning location and deliciously fresh food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Pierhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierhouse Hotel Seafood
- The Pierhouse Hotel Port Appin, Scotland