Whether you're into the decor or not, especially the rooms ('Aida' on steroids, with more cherubs than a Las Vegas brothel), there is no denying the privileged location, the wonderful staff, the exceptional pool and gardens, and the private beach make this property a real find. Especially when resorts and hotels in Taormina are far more expensive and less restful. The breakfast is pleasant at best, the dinner a bit pricey and limited but good, the Sicilian wines and most of all the professionalism and kindness of the staff truly wonderful. We had booked a junior suite and were disappointed to be given an older room at the back of the hotel, but we were swiftly upgraded to a suite (which at the end of the day is just a nice room in a better part of the hotel) and all was well. It was the height of summer when we were there, so lots of the indoor restaurant areas and bars were not in use - but our 48 hours on the property seemed like much longer because we were able to relax and enjoy the hotel. The one comment I would add is that there are many areas of the property that should be better hidden from guests (maintenance equipment, storage, cleaning equipment, etc), and others that should simply be toned down, ie, less folkloric and made more stylish/minimal. Great for a short break. If you are lookiing for a classic upscale (Four Seasons, Shangri-La, Westin or Inter-Continental) experience, this isn't it. If, however, you want to be looked after in a beautiful setting by people who take pride in what they do, rest and eat well, taking it slow, then give this place a try. Thx!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Castello di San Marco charming hotel & SPA, a boutique romantic hotel immersed in a luxuriant park, on the glittering Jonian sea, between Taormina and the volcano Etna, this noble castle represented a splendid example of Sicilian Baroque architecture and well describe a part of the Sicilian History. The unique beauty of Castello di San Marco is timeless and is adapted to romantic and relaxing holidays, with its tranquil exteriors and elegant, softly lit interiors.30 elegant and charming suites take place in the park surrounding main building, SPA & beauty center , fine restaurant, wine lounge with a selection of 250 fine wines, very large swimming pool, private beach, tennis court, private parking, mediterranean park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Escapio, Despegar.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Castello di San Marco Charming Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di San Marco Charming Hotel And Spa
- Castello Di San Marco Calatabiano
- Castello Di San Marco Charming Hotel & SPA Sicily/Calatabiano, Italy