“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Marigot

Villa Marigot
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marigot Bay
Villa Marigot
You added Villa Marigot to your Saves list
Marigot Bay, St. Lucia   |
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed here in May 2011 with a group of couples. Villa Marigot, or as I like to call it "The Estate" is very private as every room has it's own kitchen and is almost a house of its own. The views from Villa Marigot are breathtaking and you truly feel like you have the world at your fingertips. This was my first time to St Lucia and the staff was friendly, very knowledgeable about the Island and even took us to private beaches that "tourists" dont even know about (on your own 35 foot boat that is included in your stay no less). Villa Marigot was very clean (I can't even get my own house that clean), and did I mention private? Overall, I've stayed at many resorts all over the world in the past and St Lucia is one place where if you want the Island experience, dont stay at a resort, stay at Villa Marigot.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

This place is breathtaking. I was there for a total of 13 nights over to two trips and every time you walk out onto the balcony over looking the bay, you are taken aback by the beauty. All 4 rooms are suits with your own bathroom and your own kitchen. This is perfect for families or multiple couples. Each kitchen is equipped with everything you need. This estate is really 5 stars in every way possible. EVERYTHING you need in the house, they have, Including a fantastic sound system with a portable remote that allows you to control the music to the location you are at. The house also includes your own personal boat, the green flash. You can go out on it as much or as little as possible and it is included in the price. The only thing you have to pay for is gas, which is totally worth it. Friend, the captain and Imas, the crew, are both amazing people and very friendly and helpful. They will take you to all the best snorkeling spots and wait on the boat while you enjoy the beauty of St. Lucia. If asked, Imas will also walk you through Castries and make sure you get the right prices from the local farmers. Both Friend and Imas enhance the 5 star experience you get when staying at Villa Marigot. If you want a vacation to relax but do not want to be a tourist or be surrounded by tourists, and you want to live like a rock star, Villa Marigot is the place to be. Hands down the most beautiful place I have ever been.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Villa Marigot/ St Lucia
Our family recently returned from St. Lucia and was fortunate enough to have stayed in Villa Marigot in Marigot Bay. I travel often and have rented numerous Villas in a number of locations. But, this residence was truly special. Unfortunately, I stay in too many hotels so Villas are a good choice for us. Although St. Lucia offers some world class resort accommodations the resort experience is not our thing. After searching numerous possibilities I went ahead and booked through Villas of Distinction. They did an excellent job covering all the details and were there for me when I had questions. My experience with them was excellent. I decided to go directly to TravelGuard for my trip insurance as I could customize what I wanted. Although this Villa was more than I intended to spend the addition of the boat became the determining factor. It was the right choice on a number of levels.
This property is truly understated in the online video. It is huge and offers a tremendous amount of living space. Villa Marigot would be perfect for 3 couples. Each would have their own unique building complete with full bath, kitchen (with various levels of amenities), TV (except master), safe, hot tub (1 building), and deck. All three of the individual buildings are exquisite. The main house is the central meeting place with an incredible kitchen, large flat screen, a sound system (with more songs than you can listen to in a lifetime), wifi, free local calls to the USA , great pool & deck, and more. The main area is not air-conditioned but the Master is. We definitely needed the air conditioning in the bedrooms but during the day the breezes kept the rest of the building very comfortable. Security is tight and accented by gates and a “high tech” security system. Maxalina was our housekeeper and she is awesome. We all fell in love with her! She keeps the place spotless and changes the fabulous linens and towels and goes out of her way to do any family laundry. The laundry room and ice maker are always available for guest use. The managers of the property, Nina and Henning Schneider, are also there daily to check in and see if everything is working properly and to lend assistance if needed. They are excellent and responsive.

Now on to the Green Flash the 37’ boat. Without a doubt, this makes the total package! Our Captain is nicknamed “Friend” and it is a great moniker. In addition, Imos the mate/gardener is there to assist Friend and the guests. They are also both wonderful! They are available most anytime and know the area and waters extremely well. We advised them what we wanted to do (snorkel, fish, shop, go to a beach, etc.) and they made it happen. When we were in areas or places that they perceived may not be totally safe for us (few and far between) they watched over us and the children like parents. They never stopped us or got in the way ===they were just there! These 2 are special and we enjoyed them immensely. Like the rest of the staff we hope to see them again. The ability to go where and when you want defines the St. Lucia experience.
The house is up on a hill. Although you can walk into town it is quite a hike. Andrew, the taxi driver is very accommodating, but it not realistic to have him constantly transport you down to the docks. Nina Schneider hooked us up with a car and that worked well. It was reasonably priced. We ended up driving to Soufriere one day to visit the Volcano and the botanical gardens. Driving on the left was a new experience and the road to Soufriere is difficult. 2/5 passengers were close to being car sick. I found the mountain roads were not too bad but driving through the towns was scary.
One night we brought in a Chef. Raoule owns the local Gourmet Market (excellent by St Lucia standards) and had the best meal of the trip. This was about $100/head. The restaurants we visited in Marigot Bay are decent but not outstanding and fairly expensive.
Overall, if you plan on visiting St. Lucia for the first time or you are returning you cannot go wrong with Villa Marigot. The staff, the property, and the boat make it the perfect combination for a relaxing and/or adventure. It is an “A List” experience. By the time we left we had gone over our budget but we did not care. (Multiple Couples would have solved that) It’s a memory that will last a lifetime and we hope one day to return and once again to see the people we met and stay in this wonderful house. Enjoy! 5 Stars!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I recently stayed at Villa Marigot and had the most wonderful experience! The villa (or estate as I’d call it) was impeccable! I write the travel division of a magazine and have been around the world and back at the finest resorts and this home had everything five star properties could have. The view = breathtaking. The staff = loved them all so much, will remain friends. The rooms = Ritz Carlton. The deck = home away from home. The cleanliness = immaculate. The location = perfect. But it is the little things that set this property apart: Your own boat for daily excursions with captain and first mate (brilliant). The indoor/outdoor rock star-worthy stereo system was turned up round the clock for this crowd. The lounge furniture was nice enough to sleep in (as some did). The security was celebrity worthy. The flooring in my room will one day go into my own home. The entire experience was beyond expectation. Activities nearby; but who wants to leave!?!? I would certainly go back and will be recommending others do as well. With a good group of people, the cost would be a fraction of a five star resort, and the service here is better. Go Villa Marigot!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

From the moment you walk into this property, you know you made the right choice for accommodations.

My wife and I spent 8 nights at Villa Marigot and had an amazing experience. No detail was missed in the design, view, comfort, feel and complete privacy at the house. We spent countless hours sitting on the massive deck overlooking the entire bay. What a view! It was also great swimming in the private pool and basically having an entire resort to use in complete privacy. All of the bedrooms were extremely comfortable and you could have 4 separate groups staying here with each having their own private apartment with kitchen, bath and private deck. That design was a great touch.

Our favorite amenity was the boat (Green Flash). We had a private driver and boat crew and didn't have to lift a finger. They drove us to some private beaches and a couple 5 star resorts for lunch. One day we requested some fresh fish and the boat captain drove to find a local fisherman who had just caught some tuna and yellowtail about 30 minutes before. He cleaned the fish for us and had an amazing meal at the house. Of all the travels we have done, I have never seen a boat with entire crew included in the price.

The staff was equally amazing. They helped us get around town and provided us excellent service. They arranged for several private tours of the island as well. I can't say enough about how great they were.

If you want a 5 star luxury vacation with private yacht and complete privacy for you and your friends or family, this is the place to rent. We have been to St. Lucia several times and by far this was our best experience.

We would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Marigot? Share your experiences!