“Hostal Vista Parque felt like home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Vista Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Clara
Hostal Vista Park
You added Hostal Vista Park to your Saves list
Leoncio Vidal No. 1 | entre Parque Leoncio Vidal y Calle Maceo, Santa Clara 50100, Cuba   |
Ranked #3 of 31 Santa Clara B&B and Inns
Cranbrook, BC
“Hostal Vista Parque felt like home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

On our first trip to Cuba we decided to do an unguided bicycle tour. We began in Santa Clara for two nights to acclimatize and get our bikes assembled etc. and ended our trip there after cycling for nearly two weeks. When we rang the bell at Miguel and Noelis's after our 70 km ride from Cienfuegos it felt like being welcomed by old friends. The house is wonderful. It is large and steeped in history. Being next to Parque Vidal was an amazing experience. There is always activity and sometimes it is noisy at night, particularly on Friday and Saturday. We spent much time on our balcony watching life in Santa Clara go by. The food was plentiful and prepared with care. Cafe con leche I still dream about. I want to go back right now. Miguel kindly kept our bike boxes while we cycled around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Very beautiful casa with nice hosts. He even came to the bus station to pick us up and organized a taxi to bring us back the next day. Even if he did not speak english and we only know a few words in spanish we managed to communicate. The food was also very good. Unfortunately we went to Santa Clara on the Valentines weekend and there was a big party on the main square so it was quite loud, but nevertheless I would absolutely recommend this casa.

Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great location right in front on Main Square. Very nice and safe building with friendly owners. I stayed on the rooftop room which was clean and quiet. The food was excellent, large breakfast with lots of fresh fruit, and great dinner as well. Will defenitely return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Gouda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We didn't book anything in Santa Clara and went to a hostal which was recommended in the lonely planet. This hostal was fully booked, but the guy made a phonecall to this hostal. We entered a very beautiful house - high ceilings - very nice decorated - very clean and just very nice to be. We slept in a big room, with a own bathroom, airco, ventilator and a fantastic, splendid view over the park. We have been sitting at our balcony for a couple of hours!! Watching Cuban people and all the things happening at the central park. It was a pity we only stayed for one night, but we enjoyed it very much!!! We didn't have dinner here - but the smell of the food was very great!! The 2 hosts are super friendly and funny and made us feel very welcome!

Room Tip: If you want to have a fabulous view over the park you should ask for the room with the balcony with...
Almere, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The owner cares about nothing. All he wants is your cash. He is not interested in anything else. Since the hostal is located on the corner of the main square, there is no quiet. Since Santa Clara inhibitants seem to be alcoholics all, there is only noise, shouting and fighting on the streets.

Parking is not available, owner sends you to a nearby hotel. Nearby hotel refuses any non-guest cars. Next we were taken to a parking garage 15 minutes away. We refused to park there; way to far away. Next we were taken (back) to hostal Florida. We agreed to park and pay there. In the meantime our car got a flat tire. One of the valves was broken off. A "nice" passing by guy knew where to fix it. 25 CUC (!) later we had a full tire and a very very very bad taste in our mouths.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
casahostalvistapark, Propietario at Hostal Vista Park, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
We regret that the client has taken the bad review from our Cuban family home. It is only necessary to clarify that the client tells us, upon arrival, coming upset because he had no reservation in our house, but another that was completely occupied. In addition, it also tells us that from Viñales and Matanzas had been experiencing the same problem with the car before coming to our house. We believe we offer our unconditional to spend nearly 30 minutes to look for a garage with the characteristics he required help, just did not like that, we find out, it was 4 blocks from our house. Finally, thanks to our management, the car was kept in the area of ​​a nearby hotel. Finally the rate applied was the agreed arrival which was not above the established reserves in our guests.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Hostal Vista Park has the perfect location in Santa Clara, right at the main square. We could watch Cuban life from our room's balcony.
The hosts Miguel and Noelys are very nice. We could easily communicate although we don't speak much spanish. They helped us with everything we needed: Parking space, laundry and even made so much effort to help me getting back shoes I forgot at the Casa.
Food was also good and plenty.

Room Tip: One room has a balcony overlooking the main square.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Couldn't be better! I booked online the day before my arrival because my other Casa particular was full. I received an email asking to confirm by text, and asking if I needed a lift from the airport. I texted them back, but didn't really know what will happen...
I arrived at the airport and an old american car was actually there waiting for me! I felt so lucky.

When I arrived there, I met Miguel. He treated me like his own daughter, gave me many advice (as it was my first day and I was traveling alone). Even if I couldn't speak spanish... we understood each others really well. he Gave me a map of the city and indicated me where to go and don't go.

I only stayed one night but I have such strong memories that I have the feeling I stayed longer. The breakfast was amazing!!! Pineapple fresh juice, eggs, vegetables, fresh fruit, bread.... and so much I couldn't eat it all. Jeiky, who is working with them can speak a really good english too.

I was alone in my room, bathroom was nice, with hot water :) if I remember well, there were 3 beds... so, perfect for family or group of friends who travel cheap!

The day after, I left my luggage and passed by later. I felt like home and I can't wait to go back!
Thanks Miguel, thanks Jeiky and Thanks Noelly.... you made my first day in Cuba AMAZING.

Finally, I have to say that the location is PERFECT if you like to be in the middle of the city... everything is going on there. But, if you can't stand noise .. this is not the good place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hostal Vista Park? Share your experiences!