TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“fairly new they said but I can't see it!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Scholet Suites Hotel

Scholet Suites Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calabar
Prices are for rooms, adults
Scholet Suites Hotel
Save Saved
You added Scholet Suites Hotel to your Saves list
3 Etim Edet Close | Off Ndidem Usang Iso Boulevard, Calabar, Nigeria   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Calabar
Basel, Switzerland
“fairly new they said but I can't see it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I almost tolerated everything NEGATIVE about this accommodation as all one needs after a hectic tiring long day was a good night's rest to recover... the room costs about 15,000N. The sheets were not clean at all! Stained and smelled! uggh... I wonder if they change sheets when a guest leaves the hotel? It was a catastrophe in the bathroom, leaks everywhere! No toilet seat, visible molds! No toilet paper and towels? had to call for toilet paper and towels at 12MN-... after shower the whole bathroom was under water! called again to ask for floor towels to dry my feet - in the end they recommended the VIP room which has a rack rate of about 30,000N. Checked it and the sheets looked and smelled more fresh and the room was massive with a receiving room... so I agreed to move at 1AM! The bathroom however had the same story, leaks everywhere and visible molds and no toilet seat!

Service was the SLOWEST! Waiting time for food to be served is minimum 1 hour! Every morning I ordered coffee which was ready in not least than 45 minutes! The only thing that I can say was good is their goat pepper soup...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Solo
Calabar, Nigeria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was compelled to write this review when I saw it rated as the 2nd in Calabar!! The previous reviews must have been written by the management of the hotel.

I was booked to stay here during the Calabar Carnival, firstly the hotel is off Parliamentary Extension, not Ndidem Usang Iso. The location is VERY isolated and surrounded by uncompleted buildings on an untarred road. The room was small but nicely furnished however the standard of cleanness was very poor. My bed cover had a stain and there is no sheet so all guests use the same bedcover - disgusting. As I was working late that night, I checked in but went back to a friends house to spend the night.

Returned to my room the following evening to find that it had been used in my absence. The bin was filled with empty drinks bottles and the bed creased. Called reception and was told she did not know what happened as she was not there. She then checked the bathroom and said "good, they did not use the bathroom", GOOD!!!

Needless to stay, I left immediately never to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Calabar hotels

Abuja
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

........ the hotel is excellent.If you want a quite location where you could reconnect with your family and love ones, then scholet suites is where to go. You have everything you need in one location. I was surprised, throughout my stay, there was not power blink. I use to hear there is power issues in this hotel, but i discovered there run their own power supply different from the major greed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010 via mobile

I have been to many hotels in different parts of the country, I've slept in many hotels in Calabar but none is as beautiful as this hotel. The furnishing is exclusive, the ambience is romantic, the staff are caring.
I must give it to them, the hotel is excellent.

• Stayed August 2010
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Scholet Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!