“Annual visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meads Bay Beach Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West End Village
Meads Bay Beach Villas
Meads Bay Road, West End Village AI2640, Anguilla   |
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in West End Village
meeechigan1
“Annual visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We have stayed all over the island and chose to come back MBBV. The property is managed by Chris and through his efforts in combination with the owners the experience is awesome. The property is beautiful with's vegetation and flowers. There are four units and many repeat visitors.
The villas were touched up last summer. Phone and wi fi work without problems.
The property is located on a great beach and close to various resturants.
The staff is a small group of wonderful people. They make you feel right at home.
All in all you have stay at the property. You will not be disappointed .
Thanks to you all delta, lolly,Jackie and charm keep our unit ready for the next visit

Room Tip: Talk with chris. He will honestly answer your questions.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I love these kind of places. I do a lot of pleasure travel and I love when I find a special place like this one. Beautiful, beautiful location and setting. The units were perfect, I adore all the little details, makes me feel pampered to death. The staff were top shelf, knowing when I need something and knowing when to disappear( a tricky skill). Love it when I have my own pool! Makes me feel like a million bucks. The beach was everything I look for in the caribbean, I'm a little bit of a snob when it comes to my beaches- I want them perfect; color, wind, sand, etc. Although, for two days the water was a bit choppy and ruined my snorkeling! Something about offshore weather crap!! Anyway, I felt like the place was a second home and didn't want to leave :(
I will go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked great to me. Any are just steps to the beach. If I had a wish list of course I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The absolute best beach, resort, staff, and vacation at this luxury villa! We wanted a tranquil getaway, with the clearest waters and most comfortable resort. We have traveled to many places and this was the most beautiful we have seen. The staff made us feel welcome, comfortable, and cared for. The villa was gorgeous, very cleanly kept, and had great amenities, which you rarely find in other countries. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Meads Bay Villas is a small development of four villas on the beautiful Meads Bay. The villas are situated on a thin but deep strip of land so only villa 1 is truly beachfront, however even villa 4 is only 30 yards from the beach. We stayed in villa 2 which gave us a beach view from the front of the villa (the villas are offset to allow for this). The villa was clean, comfortable and well equipped. The staff cleaned every day, like a hotel, but we had our own properly fitted kitchen like a villa. Everything worked, although getting items out of the strangely positioned dishwasher was a challenge. The bathroom had good watter pressure in the shower which is really important on a beach holiday.

All of the management and staff we met were friendly and efficient and really made our stay comfortable and special.

Meads Bay itself is a geat beach and never felt other than deserted most of the time.

We happened upon some turtle hatchlings making for the sea from almost next door to Meads Bay Vilas early one morning; a truly magical experience.

If we return to Anguilla, Meads Bay Villas will be near the top of our list of places to stay,

Room Tip: Villa 1 is beachfront and so could be noisy but as Meads Bay is so quiet, this is probably the one t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our family spent the first half of our Christmas vacation at MBBV and it far exceeded expectations. Even before we arrived, Chris was available to answer any questions we had, and made several arrangements for us in advance: restaurant reservations, charter boat, massages. All recommendations were spot on, and this being our first visit to Anguilla, Chris made it all so easy. The villa itself is beautiful and clean, with a lovely patio overlooking the beach and a larger than expected splash pool. The white sand beach and blue Caribbean sea were almost too perfect to be real. If you go, don't miss Mango's and Straw Hat for dinner, Blanchards for lunch, and go to Sandy Island. We have 2 teenagers who enjoyed every day and actually got along in this magical spot. A piece of heaven on earth. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Villa 1 is priciest but the only beach front - we loved it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

From our initial inquiry eight months before our trip, until the cab took us to the marina after our stay, we enjoyed a wonderful vacation experience. Chris, the manager, was helpful with our reservations and getting us from St. Maarten's airport to Anguilla. Once there, Delta meet us and made sure that we were settled into our room. Throughout our stay Chris and his wonderful staff made sure that we had everything we needed to include great restaurant recommendations. We stayed in villa 4 which has a lock-off capability so we only paid for the one-bedroom. The villa had everything we needed in the way of kitchen utensils, bathroom amenities and even a private outdoor shower and was cleaned daily. We thought that our villa, although, the furtherest from the beach (a 2 minute stroll on a nice garden path to the sand) had the most privacy. We spit our time between the beach and private dipping pool and deck. Bring repellent, the mosquitoes are small but pack a wallop. During our stay we ate at Straw Hat (walking distance and very good); Picante ($28 round trip cab ride - very good); Blanchard's Beach Shack (walking distance and okay - informal and large selection of food); and Blanchard's (walking distance - very good but really pricey). We chose not to rent a car because after looking at our villa and the beach we decided that there was nowhere else we wanted to be.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Although we decided not to book with MBBV, I had such a good experience with the manager, Chris, that I felt inclined to write a review. Chris was by far the best manager of any accommodations we interacted with when booking a place for our June 2013 honeymoon. Unfortunately, the Villa (Villa 4 - 1 bed) we were wanting was not available during our timeframe, and the others were a little out of our price range. Overall Chris was very accommodating and patient with all of my questions. I would recommend MBBV to anyone and I hope to be back someday for another trip!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Meads Bay Beach Villas? Share your experiences!