We just returned from our honeymoon in anguilla and our stay at meads bay villas. I dont think we could have asked for a more perfect way to start our marriage. I was a little worried about the weather and the island before the trip but the weather was consistantly 90 degrees everyday and the island is arguably the most beautiful and friendly island in the carribean. We arrived at meads bay villas and were staying in villa 4 (the most private villa). First impression was that we were surprised with the size of the rooms. The high ceilings and sheer size of the villa isn't captured well in the photos but rest assured the villa was spacious and clean. The Kitchen was full of anything you would need to cook for yourselves. they provided us with a cooler bag to tote to the beach. Snorkeling gear was also provided. You could also ask for a bbq to be brought out to the deck for grilling. The staff was amazing chris was with us for most of our trip and was extremely accommodating. Delta took over and didnt miss a beat in providing service and hospitality. She arranged for a local chef to bbq for us and guests from villa 3. It was a fun day of eating on the beach.
Since anguilla experiences its offseason in september most of the major resorts and restaurants were closed for the month. this might not be appealing to all but i loved having the beaches to myself. It was extremely romantic (like i reserved a private beach). Same goes with the restaurants (veya, blanchards beach shack, pumphouse, Smokeys, Ferry boat inn, Tastys, Sand Bar) the off season provided a chance for intimate dinners wherever we went.
Car is a must on the island as taxi's are very expensive.
Veyas was excellent fine dining but was more expensive.
Blanchards is a 5 minute walk from the villas and probably was the best dining experience we had. (rice bowls, burgers and tacos were amazing)
Pumphouse had live music thursday night and had excellent nachos.
Ferry boat inn had excellent burgers.
Sandbar is a tapas bar but the food is great. (great place to view the sunset)
again i couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon.
- Also Known As:
- Meads Bay Beach Villas Hotel West End
- Meads Bay Beach Villas Hotel
- Meads Bay Hotel
- Meads Bay Beach Villas Anguilla/West End Village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meads Bay Beach Villas is a collection of 4 two-bedroom private villas on Meads Bay Beach, on the western shores of Anguilla in the British West Indies. Each villa features 1700 square feet of living space, including a fully equipped kitchen, comfortable living room, 2 ½ bathrooms, a large pool and sun deck with private swimming pool as well as a lounge and outdoor dining area. The property offers one of Anguilla’s exclusive beachfront villa settings, where guests step out directly onto the powder white sand of Meads Bay. The warm turquoise ocean water is only steps away from each villa. Meads Bay Beach Villas is the perfect option for honeymooners, couples, families and friends. ... more less