“Genuine hospitality, impeccable villa, ideal location, well-priced.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meads Bay Beach Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West End Village
Meads Bay Beach Villas
You added Meads Bay Beach Villas to your Saves list
Meads Bay Road, West End Village AI2640, Anguilla   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia
“Genuine hospitality, impeccable villa, ideal location, well-priced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at Meads Bay Beach Villas for a week-long vacation in February. I used TripAdvisor to find this place and now after getting to know all the staff and experiencing the Anguillan hospitality, it's just way too selfish to keep it to myself.

The villa: It was impeccably clean and had everything we needed. The bedrooms and bathrooms were very serene, comfortable. Barely watched TV or went online but the flat screen and reliable internet was nice to have when it rained for a couple of hours one morning. I got to check out a few more hotels/villas where friends were staying and it was the consensus among us that MBBV was the most well-priced and where we'd want to try to stay if we came back to Anguilla.

Service: Delta is just sweetest soul on the planet, anticipates your needs and just knows how to take care of you, which sometimes means a big hug more than anything else :) Chris was our point person for most of our "to-dos", from booking our trip to seeing us off the island. He helped arrange our charter and gave me some of the best recommendations for food (see below) and things to do. The gardeners and maintenance staff always asked about my stay and how I was doing with such heart that it would put southern hospitality to shame.  It's just like a small family and you really feel that sincerity from every single person on the staff when you are there.

The beach: I've been to several islands in Thailand and really did not expect to find something more beautiful than those beaches. I was wrong.  Anguilla, particularly Meads Bay, is far more breath-taking and just sheer perfection. The beach is very wide with the softest powder white sand and the waters are generally calm and perfect for swimming. I went in the high season and would spend nearly all day on the beach and it so big that I often felt like I had it to myself. I did make it to a few more beaches on the island. Taking a day trip to Shoal Bay is a must (try for Sunday to Gwen's for lunch.) It is very beautiful, but I did prefer Meads Bay for a more relaxing experience and better swimming. Not to mention, being centrally located to some of the best food on the island.

Nearby food: I would typically get some breakfast at Geraud's or the Straw Hat (right next door). Lunch at Blanchard's Beach Shack ( a 5-minute walk from MBBV on the beach) is a daily necessity. The food is just too damn good and very reasonably priced. Smoothies, hot dogs... just eat everything. Jacala is one of the best restaurants in Anguilla. Even if you stayed on the other side of the island, you must go here. Luckily, it is also only a 5 minute walk from your villa.

Overall, Anguilla is a very special place and Meads Bay Beach Villas is a true gem on the island. By far the best vacation I have ever had.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Meads Bay Beach villas are beyond compare. Secluded, beautiful, private... Chris knows everything about the island and is always so nice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Wow lovely lovely villas. They are on a perfect beach with perfect sunsets. Meads Bay villas are in the perfect location too. So many good eats are just a walk away. The villas are peacefully surrounded by beautiful lush topical plants. The interiors are decorated with warm colors and comfortable furnishings. The lay out of the villas have a very private feeling to them. All and all just a wonderful property and villas. The staff is so nice too. A very perfect experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
meeechigan1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

My family (anywhere from 4 to 10!) has made over 10 trips to Anguilla over the past 15 years-we first spottted MBBV in 2010 (stayed at maliouhana); immediately upon seeing it made plans to stay there in 2011 and we are going back this May. In addition to staying at Maliouhana several times we have also stayed at Cuisinart- What we really enjoy about mbbv is the privacy; the people (Chris, Tom, Delta); excellant accomodations at the villas, and of course the location is terrific. Meads Bay Beach is one of if not our favorite beach on the island-mbbv ia reflective of what we love about anguilla-restores you; peaceful; great restuarants; great people. We have been to 5 other islands in the caribbean and for us no comparison to Anguilla and staying at mmbv.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We actually did not stay at Meads Bay Beach Villas, but at another property right down the beach. I toured the property with Tom who was very helpful and gracious. Absolutely fell in love with Meads Bay Beach Villas and would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Karma says that if I share my experience at this island piece of heaven, good things will come my way. All I ask for is....an opening when I reserve for the 2 of us, for our 3rd trip to stay at Meads Bay Beach Villa. Recipe for peace, tranquility, romance and relaxation: 1st, Call Chris...he's very responsive and professional by phone and email. At first it seemed he was mistaking me for a long lost cousin or brother (so it seemed) but then I realized he treats all the guests warmly and expertly. I've traveled a lot. Stayed at 4 Seasons in Nevis, Cap J' in Anguilla, Andaman in Malaysia, many places throughout the Carribean, South East Asia, and the Mediterranean. Anguilla is safe, warm, loving gorgeous and SO worth the extra hop from St. Martin. Back to the recipe. Expect a warm hug from Delta. She is discrete (each villa is a large but private nest for family or couple) We were never "walked in on", even while we enjoyed the private pool at our villa. My fiance and I came in October...and loved it so much we came back in December. Chris arranged transport that made us feel like the entire Island expected us....and yet...were very discrete and courteous. 3rd ingredient that made this place perfect: The beach ! CLEAN CLEAN and very "wide open" We looked at other spots on the island...but this was far and away the best beach. The staff promptly helped us with anything and everything we asked for. They even made a special "food trip" for us to St. Martin, to get a brand of cereal that we enjoy...and helped to keep that as a surprise for me to give my fiance. Chris introduced us to the local bakery (Gerard's) and because of his introduction- Gerard treated us (himself !) as family guests ! Great croissants.
The kitchens....in the villas are great, but you can call in food, or carry out gourmet from Jacala down the beach (200 yards). The outdoor showers on the villas are fantastic- as good or better than any I've enjoyed in Bali Indonesia.
1 time, I misplaced my camera, and Delta warmly and with a smile....uncovered it for me (beneath a towel, that it was placed to get it out of the sun)
THEY "LOOK OUT" for us, but never seemed to "look at" us.
For Christmas, they very kindly encouraged us to join them for a small party, but allowed us with grace our privacy when we declined.
I didn't write T.A. a recommendation at first...because I hope no one goes here. We want it for ourselves !!!
YES, we'll go back. No question about it. Next time we might bring our extended family....or we may just return on our own again.
Food, snorkeling, GORGEOUS stars at night, perfect powder-sugar beaches, and anything to "play with" or explore (scuba, snorkel, car-explore) you could want.
CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE BEDS, and we are very very picky.
Quiet environment, feels like you'd fantasize about the Carribean being 40 years ago.

Room Tip: There are 4 Villas. We stayed in the one right on the beach 1 trip, and a different villa the other...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

My husband and I have traveled with another couple to quite a few Carribean destinations in search of the perfect winter getaway over the past 20 years. Locations have included St. Martin, St. John, Turks & Caicos and Aruba among others. However, there is a reason that we have returned for twelve visits (and going on our thirteenth visit next week) to Anguilla (and now for the fourth year to Meads Bay Beach Villas). The entire experience on the island is superior to any other destination we have been to, and Meads Bay Beach Villas is by far the most relaxing and rejuvinating place we have found on the island. Quiet, a great beach, close proximity to fantastic restaurants and a very helpful and congenial staff. We can't say enough about our favorite place.. Shhh, come and enjoy, but please don't tell anyone else:-) !!

Room Tip: No fitness center on the premises but fitness options abound on the island!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Meads Bay Beach Villas? Share your experiences!