“Wish I Had Read the Reviews First” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Viceroy Anguilla's Coba, the ideal restaurant for a truly memorable Caribbean dining experience. Perched above the waters of the Caribbean Sea, Coba provides dramatic views that are matched only by the selection of grilled meats, fresh seafood and exceptional wine list.
Round Rock, Texas, United States
“Wish I Had Read the Reviews First”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We started our evening at the bar to watch the sunset. Lovely. We had a 7:00 reservation, but asked if we could come in a little later. We arrived at 7:20. Our drink order was taken promptly. Several folks in the group ordered appetizers. They arrived in a timely fashion. Then the wait started. Our meals arrived at 9:15, but not our entire meal. Some folks got their entrees some got their side dishes. The meal was delivered over about a 10 minute span. Those that ordered steaks said they were very good. We ordered the whole snapper, but were disappointed in the flavor. All-in-all the experience was not good. Viceroy offers great service to their guests with the exception of Coba!

Visited May 2014

Hoboken, New Jersey
“Worst dinner of the trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The service was terrible and food was overpriced and not worth it for dinner. we did have breakfast there which was good and has a nice view

Visited December 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Compared to the service we received around the Viceroy during our stay, Coba was very disappointing. The food was average, and the service was poor. Our waitress could barely be bothered to check on us, and it took 10-15 minutes to get her attention to send back my steak, which was cooked incorrectly.
The musical entertainment that night (wish I could remember name- a trio) was excellent. Wish I could give them their own review!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Service great! Food was very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We ate here the first night we stayed at the viceroy. It was just convenient and easy after a long day of travel. The restaurant is beautiful with views perched from the cliff of the viceroy. Our service at the restaurant was great, I found the rate of which food came out was perfect. The manager even served us our main course and introduced himself to us. I thought the food was very good, but my dish was a little salty. My husbands fish was very hearty and he seemed pleased. It is expensive which is why I wouldn't say the food was excellent for the price. For the view and beauty, if you are staying at the hotel it's worth a visit. (Btw I walked in 3 hrs prior and was able to get a reservation). I found the staff at the restaurant very pleasant. I disagree with the other reviews on service.

Visited May 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Having been to Coba in the past and having a wonderful dinner at that time we decided to return to Coba during this trip to Anguilla. Though the food was very good and the atmosphere elegant wirh a great view, the service was terrible. The first waiter took my husbands drink order but never bothered to acknowledge my presense. Even after we did receive our drinks, no one ever asked if we would like another. My husbands steak was cooked to perfection as were my crayfish but on completion of dinner I was very surprised to NOT be offered a hot finger towel for my hands. A restaurant that charges these prices at a resort of this caliber should do that without question (even hole in the wall seafood restaurants follow this practice). When we received our check there was a $6 split plate charge. The waitress had split my husbands appetizer order without our asking (I had sushi in the lounge prior to dinner so only wanted to taste his dish). We thought that maybe the server was actually trying to go above & beyond in doing this but realized we got scammed $6 for something we did not request! Bottom line....don't go! The menu actually used to be creative & awesome and the service much better but now it is just a steak & seafood restaurant like any other mid level one in the states! We are still on the island until this weekend and won't be recommending Coba to anyone!

• Visited May 2014