“Beautiful place, exceptional service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Beach Break Special
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in West End Village
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Beautiful place, exceptional service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just returned from a week long stay at the Frangipani Beach Resort, one of the best places we have ever stayed - beautiful place, great location and excellent service, which began before we arrived. We received an email about a month before our arrival, asking for our flight information, if we needed help with transportation, rental car, restaurant reservations or anything else. Our questions were answered promptly, rental car reserved and dinner reservations made (I might add, we had excellent tables with them!).

Upon arriving in St. Martin, we found our luggage did not make it. The airport representative told us to mention to our hotel that our bags would be coming (when they found them, apparently they were missing for a while). We did so upon arrival at Frangipani, and the front desk staff offered to continue calling St. Martin for updates. Honestly, while I thought it was a nice offer, I had my doubts that much would be done and was a little hesitant to turn over our only proof of bags to the front desk. But we trusted they'd done this before and thought we'd let them try. The current manager, Jan, took an interest and said they would keep us updated. The incoming manager, Scott, offered several times to take us to a store if we needed anything. I was happily surprised by their frequent updates, even if it was to stay they were still working on it. And the next day, our bags arrived! Scott drove my husband to the airport to pick them up, saving us the cab fare. Absolutely exceptional. I can't tell you how much I appreciated not having to spend one minute of my vacation on the phone with the airline to track down my bags. I really don't think you'd find this level of service at some of the larger properties.

The property itself is beautiful. We had a "room with no view" - it fit our budget and we weren't going to Anguilla to sit in the room anyway. It was slightly larger than your average king room (say at like Sheraton or something like that). Bed very comfortable, nice towels and toiletries, housekeeping did a great job as well. The beach is pristine! There were always enough beach loungers with the huts, and they had extra umbrellas and chairs if for some reason more were needed. Although the weather was great, the sea was unusually rough during our stay and the water/boating activities were not offered.

We also loved the location, easy walking distance down the beach to several good restaurants, most importantly Blanchard's. And their casual Beach Shack - good for lunch, quick dinner or afternoon snack. Hello ice cream on the beach! Jacala also. Viceroy and Anacaona hotels also down the beach, we did not check out but they also have restaurants and bars. The Straw Hat at the Frangipani is also regarded as one of the nicer places. Our dinner there was fine, not really memorable. We had breakfast there everyday and probably my only complaint is that morning service was terribly slow. I mean beyond "island time". They seemed understaffed. We learned to ask for our check when they brought the food and that seemed to do the trick, just keep the process moving. Not sure if it's true, but other posts mentioned the restaurant is owned separately from the hotel, so they may not have much control over. It was nice that the continental breakfast was included with your stay, or you could apply the $7.50 value to another choice on the menu.

Frangipani is a rare combination of a smaller, boutique property with larger hotel amenities and location. Add in the great people and excellent service, and you've got it all!

Room Tip: If you don't care about a view, save the $ and go for the "no view".

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Woodbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We just returned from our most recent stay at Frangipani and can once again report what a wonderful vacation spot it is. The beach, which has pure white sand and is always spotless, can't be beat . The resort's service component remains excellent as in previous visits.

We always appreciate the quality of the housekeeping and the friendliness and professionalism of the front desk staff and the water sports personnel.

The adjoining Straw Hat Restaurant is a solid plus for Frangipani guests, combining physical attractiveness with warm and attentive service and an excellent menu featuring a variety of fresh seafood.

On this trip, we had the pleasure of spending some time the new General Manager, Scott Kircher, a member of the owning family who has had extensive hotel experience. Scott is engaging, keenly attentive to guests' needs and comments and a worthy replacement for Jan, the former GM.

We have been hotel owners for many years and our annual return to Frangipani serves as a clear indication as to how highly we think of the resort. We have already booked a stay for next February.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife, 10 month old daughter, and I just came back from a 5 night stay at the Frangipani. This was our first visit to Anguilla. We stayed in an ocean facing room on the first floor. The staff provided a full-size crib for us.

We can't say enough good things about our stay at the Frangipani. It is a small, relaxed setting that boasts the most beautiful beach front property on the best beach on Anguilla. Given the size of the resort, we were able to enjoy the beach without the crowds that other larger resorts bring. We chose the Frangipani for its low key atmosphere and family feel. We were able to walk 10 feet to the infinity pool and 20 feet to our beach chairs where we enjoyed Pina Coladas from The Straw Hat.

We were greeted by the manager with rum punch at the front desk upon our arrival. We found the staff to be accomodating and friendly and not overly intrusive. Also, we had the chance to interact with other guests most of whom have stayed repeatedly over the years.

We enjoyed the complimentary water sports, towel service, and proximity to The Straw Hat. We walked along Meads Bay beach to six different top-rated restaurants which was convenient given we did not rent a car. The front desk arranged dinner reservations prior to our arrival.

At the cocktail party sponsored by the resort, we were able to spend time talking with the management who were very interested in how we were enjoying our stay. It is clear that this family run resort cares deeply about the experiences of their visitors. We are already booking our return trip and highly recommend the Frangipani.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We just got back from 5 days at the beautiful Frangipani. It was my birthday and my husband surprised me. I can't believe the past reviews, because the Frangipani I stayed at was fantastic. The staff was very friendly and helpful with reservations and getting us a car. We decided to be brave and glad we did,driving on the left isn't so bad. Rashawn took us sailing almost every day and I even took a quick spin on the tube. We met the new managers and the previous manager at the the cocktail party and they couldn't have been nicer. We also met some really nice people that we ended up having dinner with a couple of nights.

The resort itself is stunning. The architecture the gardens and the beach. The infinity pool was nice because a couple of the days the waves were big. We went to some other beaches and decided Meads Bay is the best. Our room was really nice, again not sure where these other people stayed. We were in one of the non view rooms. The bathroom was beautiful and the bed was lush. The housekeepers were so friendly, and the room was immaculate. Everything was fresh and updated. We peaked into a suite and wow it was beautiful, maybe next time, but really we weren't in our room that much.

Having the restaurant right at the hotel was really nice. The Straw Hat was great I tried the curried goat and found myself liking it! They had service on the beach so between the Frangipani beach staff and the Straw Hat serving guys, we felt very pampered without feeling bothered. We heard the resort was full, but it never felt that way. Plenty of chairs, really cushy ones by the pool. and plenty of wooden beach umbrellas. The beachfront is huge.

We already booked our next stay. This time for my husbands birthday. Again can't believe that the previous reviewers stayed at the same fantastic resort we did. This is the first time I've written a review but I felt like my experience needed to be shared.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our second stay at Frangipani, 8 nights this trip, was just as pleasurable as last year. The staff was exceptional....friendly and helpful. All our reservations were handled via emails from home....from restaurant reservations ..to auto ..to ferry. The concierge was most efficient and prompt in responding. Upon arrival Scott (the manager), greeted us with a delicious rum punch and spent time talking to us...and made an effort to do the same during our stay asking for feedback. At the cocktail reception I mentioned that additional mirrors in the room would be nice,especially full length.....well, my husband and I went back to our room before going out to dinner (15 minutes later) and there was a knock at our door...lo and behold, there was a mirror. They thought we were out and really wanted to surprise us. We were in room 7A and the amenities were great...the kitchen which has a full fridge plus coffee pot, stove, etc. is there for anyone who wishes to take advantage of preparing whatever. The view from our little terrace was breathtaking, especially at sunset.(can't figure out how to download a picture) On leaving one of the staff saw me bringing down my suitcase and ran over to help.
We have already booked for next year....by the way the staff at the restaurant was not rude..in fact, we were greeted by Rosie at our first breakfast, as though we were just there...and others in The Straw Hat were just as friendly.

Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had an excellent experience at the Frangipani from our arrival until our departure. Service and assistance was outstanding. The staff greeted us with sincere warmth. Our room was very comfortable and well kept. The grounds were beautifully maintained with plush towels for our beach enjoyment. We took advantage of some water activities complimentary at the resort and loved the experiences. Ezzy always went out of his way offering assistance and making sure we were enjoying our stay. He made our sunset cruise very special and even shared the green flash. We are already looking forward to a return visit and hope to share the next trip with family.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My third stay at Frangipani, always had a good experience and warm welcome by all (was even upgraded once, which was such a treat). This time, though I was only staying for 2 nights, I'm glad it was a short stay (I was moving to another hotel as they did not have enough nights to accommodate me). Upon arriving at reception, the new managers did not bother to take their noses out of their computers to welcome me (I provided my name, and it was obvious I was checking in). A simple gesture of "welcome back" or acknowledge that I'm a guest would have made me feel welcome. I walked by the new managers a few times on the property -- you think someone could have asked how my stay was going, or a simple 'hello' would have been nice. Don't forget -- people are paying A LOT of money to stay at your establishment, make them feel that you appreciate it, and go out of your way to make them feel welcome. Please take this constructive feedback to heart. A small effort can go a long way.

The rooms are a bit dated, the bed linens are somewhat old, bathroom sinks are not practical, and overall furnishings are average. Not so enjoyable when you are paying a hefty price. A few of the positives: house keepers were very nice, gave you privacy when needed. The pool staff is nice as well. Provided me with a fresh cut coconut for a refreshing drink. It's a shame that this experience at this unique 'boutique' resort has changed my mind from staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Frangipani Beach Resort? Share your experiences!