“Perfect - there is nothing better on Anguilla” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Beach Break Special
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in West End Village
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Perfect - there is nothing better on Anguilla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

There is a reason that Frangipani is rated #1 - all the reviews are true! Good food, great drinks and wonderful hosts. My wife and I just returned from a 7-day stay (May 17 - May 24) and honestly feel that we were leaving friends rather than a hotel staff. There were hugs and kisses all around when we left that morning. Although our room had some minor problems (largely due to the very unusual extended rain before and during the first few days of our stay), rather than being given the usual sad excuses we were immediately offered an upgrade to the suite of our choice.

We stayed in the Penthouse room on the third floor, which has got to be the best non-suite in the place. It offers great views of the beach and bay as well as offering the privacy my wife and I both want. There is a large closet, large dresser and an unbelievable bed, which is enough to accommodate just about anyone. And the pictures you see on the web site do not do justice to how beautiful the hotel really is.

The meals at Straw Hat are excellent and you're just a short walk or drive to some of the best restaurants on the island. The bar at Straw Hat has got to be one of its best features - guests from other resorts on Meads Bay were coming there every afternoon. One word of advice - if you are comfortable driving on the "wrong" side of the road, rent a car. The cabs are very expensive.

Frangipani is right in the middle of Meads Bay, and I cannot imagine a more beautiful beach in the world. Perfect white sand and crystal clear blue water. And you don't need service on the beach as the Straw Hat is no more than 100 feet away.

The best word I can think of to describe our hosts - Jan and Alex - is genuine. Unlike the large luxury resorts on the island, they were always concerned that everything was going well and were honestly as happy as we were when the sun came out after a few days of rain. Add to this what has to be the friendliest and most accommodating staff on the island - both at the hotel and Straw Hat - and I can't think of a better place to spend a relaxing vacation. Frangipani is a place where everybody knows your name and we're already planning our vacation there next year.

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Even though the Frangipani is a hotel, I would be better describe like staying at a friends house, or bed and breakfast with all the amendities of a upscale hotel. What is so wonderful about this resort is it only has 19 rooms so your really feel like you are at a personal friends when you are a guest at this resort. By the end of your stay your know all the staff by name, the hotel manager, and many of the guests. The accomidations are top notch. The beds are super comfortable, I got the best sleep every night. You are so close to the ocean you can even hear the waves crashing in your room with the doors and windows shut. The decor is very charming, the only thing my room was missing that I wish I had was a bath tub. We stayed in the penthouse room 8B. It was really great, we had a view of the ocean, a living space with sofa and coffee table, a fridge, flat screen TV, and a heavenly down comforter. Free internet too. But the best part in my opinion was the BEAUTIFUL beach it was on, Meads Bay. We went to almost every beach on Anguilla and Meads Bay by far is the best. If you want to escape, this is the place for you as there is never anyone beside maybe a person here and a person there at any time. You pretty much have the beach and pool to yourself. The pictures I took are in the middle of the day. You will see there are no people which I think it great, just you and the people you are with. And to top it all off they have free...yes free watersports. On these vacations you never get anything free it seems. I went wakeboarding, tubing, and sailing on a Hobie Cat all 100% free. Also the man in charge of the watersports, his name is RaShawn was super nice and very helpful. We have stayed at some of the best resorts in the Caribbean and Bora Bora from the Four Seasons to the Fairmount, to the Intercontinental. Some of those places had the grand enterance, but that also comes with larger hotel feel and less personality. This hotel may not have the grand enterance, but the second you see the beach, that's their wow factor, as it looks just like the pictures. The fact that it is so personal and small makes it such a special place we will be visiting year after year. This is the only place we will ever stay on Anguilla. No place compares.

Room Tip: Call or email the hotel as every room is differen
Mystic, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I was at Frangipani from May 14 to 21, in a luxury no-view room. The room was very pretty, with a very comfy king bed, large balcony overlooking the flowers and the front yard of the hotel, small fridge, and a very luxurious bathroom. There was a glass block s-shaped divider between the shower and toilet, and a multi-jet body shower. There was a large closet wit plenty of hangers, an ironing board, and iron. Since I was travelling solo, this arrangement was perfect for me.

It is located in the center of beautiful Meads Bay, the beach is just amazing, and they have palapas and very comfortable beach chairs. They offer free water sports, including motorized, such as water-skiing and wake-boarding. They do not offer beach service, per se, so you will have to go to your room or the bar for drinks, but if you order lunch, a waiter will bring it out to you on the beach.

The very popular Sraw Hat restaurant is on-site, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff there is great, and so is the food.

The managers, Jan and Alex, are very much on-site and involved with guests. An added bonus is getting to meet their little dog, "Flip Flop", a Cavanese - combination Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Havanese. She is too cute!

I did see one of the suites, and it was very spacious and nicely decorated.

This was the perfect hotel for me. It is quiet and very low-key, luxurious without being pretentious. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a luxury stay without the higher prices of the larger luxury hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We had planned a vacation to St. Maarten and stayed at a 5 Star resort. We had planned to go to Anguilla and visit the Frangipani Beach Resort as a side trip and were more than pleasantly surprised, we were in Heaven. Most places that you filter through on the internet look better than they are when you arrive. The Frangipani Beach Resort is better that it appears. You feel like family from the moment you arrive. The Frangipani has luxury accommodations, silky white beach, with warm beautful translucent carribean water to swim, a couple of Hobie Cats to play on, and comfortable lounge chairs covered by grassy beach huts. The Frangipani Beach Resort is a best kept secret.

Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had the amazing opportunity to spend three nights of our honeymoon at Frangipani. What an amazing place! Wonderful staff excellent service just a great place to enjoy an amazing island, wonderful people and beautiful beaches. Jan and Alex were amazing and upgraded us to a beach front balcony room with champagne. We are ready to go back!!!!

Brooks and Gwen

Room Tip: Get a room with ocean views... it's worth it!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

My wife and I got married in Anguilla in early April, 2011. We booked the entire Frangipani Beach resort. Though we didn't get married there, it was the main hotel for the majority of our family, guests, and wedding party. The entire staff and in particular Jan (the manager) were incredibly accommodating and helpful, making our wedding weekend extremely memorable. They were instrumental in assisting us with all sorts of things including ferry service, transportation, rental cars, etc. Another special shout out goes to the water sports staff led by Rashon. They were also very helpful and fun to be around.

The resort is beautifully situated in the middle of Mead's Bay, within easy walking distance of all the other resorts on that bay. It has a lowkey, initmate, and relaxed vibe--exactly what we were looking for.

My only critique would be that the staff at the on-site Straw Hat restaurant is not anywhere near as helpful as the hotel's staff.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We just returned from our honeymoon on Anguilla and one of the first things I needed to do was write a review on Frangipani. I relied heavily on the reviews from Trip Advisor and other sites to pick out our destination in the Caribbean, so I know how important these reviews are to the people reading them and also to the hotels that are being reviewed. I am not one to spend time writing a review about a hotel unless I had an absolutely great experience or an absolutely awful experience. Nonehteless, Frangipani was an absolutely great experience.

When I was looking for a honeymoon destination, some of my requirements for the resort/destination were a quiet idyllic beach, a small intimate resort, a beautiful pool, clean rooms, well made drinks and good food. The first resort we stayed at did not even come close to my expectations and we were very unhappy. We stayed there for one night (I would rather not mention the hotel name) and decided we needed to make a hotel change as soon as possible. I knew of the Frangipani from my previous research so we drove to the hotel the next day hoping they had avaialability. Thankfully they did because the Frangipani saved our Honeymoon!

The managers Jan and Alex could not have been more accomodating. We could see that they do everything in their power to make sure their guests have a great stay at their hotel. The staff is very attentive and professional. The rooms are very clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The bed is probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at any hotel. We booked an ocean front room and the views of Meads Bay were spectacular.

The grounds of Frangipani are impeccably groomed. The infinity pool is amazing! It is just steps from the ocean and it was always crystal clear. The lounge chairs and built in beach umbrellas were very comfortable and because the resort is small, there was always enough chairs for everybody.

For those that get bored easily, they have a wealth of beach activities that are complimentary. Yes, everything from hobie cat rides, water skiing, wake boarding, kayaking, snorkeling equipment, tubing and boche ball are all complimentary! The beach boys that are in charge of all the activities are the best! Their sole mission at Frangipani is to make sure all of the guests have a great time on the beach!

And....it doesn't hurt that one of the best restaurants on the island, Straw Hat, is now on the same property as Frangipani. Eventhough there are so many other great restaurants and great beaches on Anguilla, we found it hard to pry ourselves away from the Frangipani, Straw Hat and Meads Bay. It didn't even feel like we were staying at a resort. It felt as though we were vacationing at our rich Uncle's mansion on a private beach(eventhough we don't have a rich Uncle)!

So if great drinks/food, quiet beach, complimentary water sports, and beautiful accomodations on Meads Bay in Anguilla sounds like a perfect vacation to you, I would urge you to stay at Frangipani. We loved it so much, we are already starting to save to go back next year!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Frangipani Beach Resort? Share your experiences!