There is a reason that Frangipani is rated #1 - all the reviews are true! Good food, great drinks and wonderful hosts. My wife and I just returned from a 7-day stay (May 17 - May 24) and honestly feel that we were leaving friends rather than a hotel staff. There were hugs and kisses all around when we left that morning. Although our room had some minor problems (largely due to the very unusual extended rain before and during the first few days of our stay), rather than being given the usual sad excuses we were immediately offered an upgrade to the suite of our choice.
We stayed in the Penthouse room on the third floor, which has got to be the best non-suite in the place. It offers great views of the beach and bay as well as offering the privacy my wife and I both want. There is a large closet, large dresser and an unbelievable bed, which is enough to accommodate just about anyone. And the pictures you see on the web site do not do justice to how beautiful the hotel really is.
The meals at Straw Hat are excellent and you're just a short walk or drive to some of the best restaurants on the island. The bar at Straw Hat has got to be one of its best features - guests from other resorts on Meads Bay were coming there every afternoon. One word of advice - if you are comfortable driving on the "wrong" side of the road, rent a car. The cabs are very expensive.
Frangipani is right in the middle of Meads Bay, and I cannot imagine a more beautiful beach in the world. Perfect white sand and crystal clear blue water. And you don't need service on the beach as the Straw Hat is no more than 100 feet away.
The best word I can think of to describe our hosts - Jan and Alex - is genuine. Unlike the large luxury resorts on the island, they were always concerned that everything was going well and were honestly as happy as we were when the sun came out after a few days of rain. Add to this what has to be the friendliest and most accommodating staff on the island - both at the hotel and Straw Hat - and I can't think of a better place to spend a relaxing vacation. Frangipani is a place where everybody knows your name and we're already planning our vacation there next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the white sands of Meads Bay, the Frangipani Beach Resort is a boutique hotel offering the luxuries of a first-class resort in an intimate, Caribbean environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Frangipani Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Beach Hotel Anguilla
- Frangipani Beach Anguilla
- Frangipani Beach Resort Anguilla/West End Village