Second visit to Anguilla, and we stayed here because we'd walked past it when staying in Meads Bay last year. You can read about the glorious beach anywhere here so I'll concentrate on the property. There are only a couple of big hotels on the island, and the laid back atmosphere of the Island doesn't really go with the shiny palaces, so last year we stayed at a small boutique type hotel on the same stretch of beach. What we hadn't considered was renting an apartment (at less cost) but we looked at this place and realised that the American apartment holiday is a lot different to what we'd expect in the UK.
The property is right on the beach - if you go for a beachfront room you're actually on it, and if you don't like the sound of the sea all night then go for a garden aspect room - we had room 604 which is a first floor beachfront location.
Everything was as promised, the welcome was perfect and the staff had done some shopping for us at store prices plus a $10 surcharge which I think is very reasonable. If you don't get a car, the nearest shop is a good half hour's walk away.....
So, to come back to the apartment we ended up with a double bedroom (there was another room in the apartment that had twin beds that we could have had instead but once we'd made our choice they locked the other room - (I guess the apartments are for 4 people?), a large lounge area with dining space, kitchen and en-suite shower room.
What we were really impressed with was the level of equipment here - all the kitchen things you could ever need (food mixers, enough crockery to serve 6 people, massive fridge, coffee machine, mosquito killers etc.) and all the bathroom toiletries that you want. If you've ever stayed in the USA in a serviced apartment - this is exactly the same.
No pool, but that wasn't a problem for us as they were plenty of loungers, shades and beach towels provided.
It's at the better end of Meads Bay for restaurants, with at least four within easy walking distance plus a beach bar.
Staff are really helpful with restaurant and taxi bookings.
An ideal place to soak up the Anguilla atmosphere......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carimar Beach Club, located on the pristine white sands and turquoise waters of Meads Bay, is an exceptional beachfront resort. Each of our 24 suites offers unique, exquisitely appointed interiors featuring colorful, tropical motifs and exotic rattan furnishings. The spacious 1100 square foot beach front and beach view suites feature all the comforts of home including: full, modern kitchens with granite counters; a living room with flat screen cable Tv and WiFi; a dining area accomodating six people; and a balcony or patio with stunning ocean views and spectacular sunsets. Enjoy plush bedding with luxurious linens in our Caribbean style air-conditioned bedrooms. All suites offer one or two bedrooms and one or two bathrooms. En-Suite King Bedroom. Twin Bedroom with two beds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Carimar Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carimar Beach Club Hotel Anguilla
- Carimar Beach Hotel
- Carimar Beach The Valley
- Carimar Beach Club Anguilla/West End Village