“One of the most beautiful and serene places in the world” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STAY 7 PAY FOR 5 SPECIAL
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West End Village
Hamilton, Canada
“One of the most beautiful and serene places in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Early December 2012, we spent a gem of a trip at Carimar. This trip was donated for a silent auction at our church. We waited with anticipation and it was better than we could have imagined for the beauty of the beach and colour of the waters. Easy island to get around and see other beaches. Restaurants nearby were delightful. Carimar itself is well laid out for everyone to enjoy the gardens and the beach area. The staff were extremely attentive and well informed to ensure we knew where we were going and expectations. They handled reservations for our outings as well. Highly recommend Carimar for a relaxing and joyful holiday.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the beach with a lovely patio.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carimar123, General Manager at Carimar Beach Club, responded to this review, February 14, 2013

Carimar Beach Club welcomes our positive relationship with your Church. I wish you well for 2013 and will hold you to your promise to spread the good word about Carimar.

I look forward to your return.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Found out about this wonderful place by accident after bidding for a six night stay at a charity function. Second time stayed two weeks third time three weeks and again this coming February another three weeks. It appeals to everyone. The staff is the best in the world and believe us we travel high end and use concierge service everywhere. The car is ready for you upon arrival, they will shop for you and stock your fridge for your arrival when you e-mail them your shopping list,and will make restaurant reservations for breakfast lunch and dinner. You can do your own laundry,play tennis and borrow beach toys when available. No need for a pool the beach is exquisite. Quiet at night,excellent housekeeping I could go on and on! But I don't want it to be booked solid for next year when I am shooting for a our week stay!

Room Tip: Lower units are fun with chickens running around....also fast to the beach! higher floors may have s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Carimar123, Manager at Carimar Beach Club, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Christine N,

Peace and good health to you and your family for 2013. I am very encouraged by your recent review and you should know that six years ago, a couple who won a bid at an event went on to become owners within eighteen months of their winning stay at Carimar,

We have addressed the wet stair concerns by applying strips of 2" non skid tape on each step in support of hand rails on both sides.
You will also be pleased to know that we have made significant room upgrades since your last visit.

Our TEAM is looking forward to your upcomoing visit in 2013.

Management.
rockville centre, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was our first time staying at Carimar after visiting Anguilla for the last 20 plus years.
I've got to say it was great. We have stayed at Cap Juluca and Frangipani, and this was fabulous.
You're on one of the most beautiful unspoiled beaches probably in the world.
The villas are top-notch, clean. You have a full kitchen and living area.
Everyone who works there is great, from the girls in the office to the grounds people to the housekeeping staff.
We will definitely return!

Room Tip: We love to stay in a beachfront ground floor....literally 100 feet to the water!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We spent 7 nights in one of their units - one-bedroom. The location was excellent - a quiet end of Meads Bay, right next door to Blanchard's and Blanchard's Beach Shack, and a 10 minute walk to Straw Hat restaurant.

First, the unit - we only occupied one bedroom, which was spacious with a king bed, dresser, night tables and very large closet. The en suite bathroom was large enough, with adequate hanging hooks and vanity drawers. The shower was big, with a tiled bench for convenience. Toiletries were adequate,but not luxury. Wall-mounted hair dryer.

The living room/dining room was very spacious and airy, with brand-new sofa, 2 chairs, and dining table with 4 dining chairs. The safe was located in a large closet in the living room. The TV was small, only about a 22" screen. There were 2 ceiling fans in the LR/DR area, 1 in the kitchen and 1 in the bedroom. Only the bedroom is air conditioned; the bedroom door must be closed in order for the a/c to turn on. We didn't mind. WiFi was free and consistently available.

The kitchen was well-stocked with full-size fridge, microwave, full gas range, toaster, coffee maker, plenty of pots, pans, flatware, dishes and cooking utensils. Paper towels, sponge, dish washing liquid, coffee, tea, coffee filters.

The patio/balcony contained brand-new outdoor furniture - a table and 2 chairs, as well as 2 adjustable lounge chairs.

In the club house is a washer & dryer - complimentary for guest use. Landscaping throughout the property is lovely and very well-maintained...lots of bougainvillea, palms, gardenias, etc. The beach is perfection - plenty of loungers and umbrellas - no need to run out to save a spot. The sand is powdery when dry and spongy soft near the water's edge. Beautiful views.

Housekeeping service was very good. Front office staff were excellent - helped arrange bike rentals, car rental, restaurant reservations, taxis, etc. We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Carimar. Very, very nice property and staff.

Room Tip: No room is more than a 60-second walk to the beach.
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We just got back a few days ago ,if I could give it 6 stars I would . The picture of interior is much nicer than the web shows, very nice and compertable living. Why would anyone pay twice as much to stay is beyound me. You are on Meads Bay Beach ,we even got up from chairs that are already set up with umberlla shade and tables ,to go back to room to get some Corona's. Thats how convenient ,and we were second set of block of rooms. Room 201 on floor level,I'm someone who always want a second level. But I have to say I'm glad I was on floor level. You have a bigger patio with Two nice cushion lounge chairs and table with two chairs . They even have an extra fan,so we pluged it outsde to have a brease in the late afternoon . There was a brease most days,but with the sun shining wanted a little more.

This place has everything you need, you dont have to bring opener for your beer or spirits. You have more plates,pans cups and silverware ,than in your own home. Blender,Toaster ,Microwave (above stove),Gas Stove with oven and refigerator. Not minis ,normal size. There is a coffee maker there with Dark Roast ,or decafe had brown sugar and powder creamer. I liked it for morning and late night,but I like white sugar and half and half. I made do with it and it was good ,but not that Blue Mountian taste I get in Jamaica.

Bedroom very roomy ,King size bed ans plenty of closet space with lots of hangers. Another closet outside,is very big and plenty of hangers. If two of you can fill all these hangers Ill pay for one of your dinner's in Anguilla,ours was $196. lol

Had no complaints with bathroom,and if anyone says the water isnt hot enough you must like to get scolded with hot water. OMG Very Hot,I had it at half way and had to be carefull to touch it over a little. I came home ,My hot water isnt as hot ,and ours gets hot. My wife Loved it ,I jumped out. Yes room for two with seat. Not as big as the one in Mexico we had,we eve had cooler in there that water didnt hit. (other review).

We didnt go shopping so we went out to eat and walked every other day for breafest at Straw Hat restraurant. have to admit about a 1/4 mile,but we like to walk. We didnt rent a car,so we had same river take us out. Yes prices are $10 to go toDune presseavre,Cuisin Art or Smokeys,and $20 going to Mango's ,Sandy ground . But we only went out once so getting a car for a day for $40 (jeep) seem to be OK with us this time.

The People of Anguilla are the best ,and I'm the type that talk on the road and dance at the music. I'm outgoing,the only people that were standoffish are some of the guest. but I think because this is a place you want to be along and relax. So I put my attention with the people of the Island. Our maid was the best ,she knew we drank coffee and replenished it for us,they know your shedual better than yourself. so when you leave they had things done inside. I also noticed they double locked the door. since I didnt ,I even left patio unlocked. There is a safe ,and you dont pay extra for it. This is a very safe area ,even walking roads at night,you have to carry flashlight. There is one in room ,but I brought mine already. We walked to B& D roadside restraurant,remember I already talked to someone near there at his home,and he was the cook.

Sorry for long post ,but I had to mention everything that I hope will help you. Ive been to alot of Islands ,and I found the Island not only I would come back to again . This is the Island I'm thinking on buying a house now. I already have # of house to look at,and being a contractor Ill consider my options of building ,or picking up built already.

Thankyou for a great week I always felt like I was coming home . Now have to clean up my house because it's not up to your standards. lol I know you will remember me,my wife showed you me dancing Raggae style ,and you want me there for carnival.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Carimar last week for our 12th wedding anniversary and were so very impressed. We have been to more than 13 caribbean islands, hawaii, and tahiti. This is by far the best spot on earth. It might just be Heaven. I cannot say enough about the staff and management at the Carimar. It is clear they know what it takes to be successful. They truly care about the guests, the property and Anguilla. I wanted to try really hard to find something they could improve upon or add to the property, but after 9 days I came up short with zero suggestions for them. It was everything we wanted and more! We even booked our 13th anniversary while we were there and cannot wait for the days to go by until we can get there again. I have never cried upon leaving a vacation place, but there's a first time for everything!!! : (

If you are a true beach lover, want a nice, spacious place to yourselves with all the ammenities you have at home and more, look no further. The Carimar is the place for you!! Although I'd like it all to myself. I can't wait to visit again and again and again!!!

Brentwood, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Carimar is basically a beachfront condo complex with around 35 units. Some units directly on the beach and others just off the beach. It is not a five star facility, maybe a four minus or a three...but it doesn't matter because everything is well maintained, the staff is great and the setting /location is unbeatable.
If you want to stay up late partying at the pool bar this is not the place for you (it doesn't have a pool). If you want to get away to rest and relax there is no better place and the Island of Anguilla is just the BEST! The beach is FANTASTIC, pristine and not many people at all.

Room Tip: If you can afford Ocean Front...its worth the price
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Carimar Beach Club? Share your experiences!