My bf and I stayed at the Viceroy recently for a few days. I had read so much about this property in different travel magazines that it was a must go. I also had friends that stayed at this hotel when it first opened and they raved about it. The property itself is spectacular, the design and décor is very contemporary and chic. That gets 5 stars. The rooms are beautifully appointed, views amazing we had a junior suite with a plunge pool. The sheets were a bit rough and our bed had a hole in the middle but not everything is perfect. The service is impeccable and on point very rare on an island. I give the service 5 stars. Sunset Lounge was a great place to have a drink and relax, the food was ok not great. Coba was actually a big disappointment in terms of the food. Again the décor and the location on the property was amazing and the service was great too. Food not so much it was very bland and tasteless.
I had made arrangements for spa appointments with the hotel prior to my arrival. I specified that I wanted a couples massage and couples facial. I was assured in the email that it was all taken care of. When we arrived at the spa only one facial appointment was made and the attendant made no effort to try and accommodate me for the other treatment.
Overall it was a nice relaxing weekend in a great hotel just a few little minor inconveniences. A note to anyone traveling to Anguilla DO NOT fly LIAT airlines. Fly to St. Maarten and take the ferry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 35 lush acres, with more than 3,200 feet of beach frontage along both Barnes and Meads Bays, Viceroy Anguilla evokes a relaxed yet polished Caribbean sensibility. The 166 superbly designed accommodations at the luxury hotel in Anguilla include private oceanfront villas, beachfront suites, and blufftop guestrooms, many with private pools.Throughout the Anguillan resort, modern architectural forms interplay with the natural environment, while sophisticated, contemporary interiors by designer Kelly Wearstler add rich textural contrast. The resort's signature restaurant, Cobà, offers dining with exquisite views of Barnes Bay and Meads Bay, and the dramatic bay-view Sunset Lounge and cliffside Half Shell beach bar and restaurant add to the culinary offerings at this stunning luxury Caribbean resort. Two white sand beaches, our glimmering Sunset Pool, an array of water sports, a spa and fitness center, and programs for children and families add to Viceroy's rarefied experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Viceroy Anguilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Anguilla Hotel West End
- Viceroy Anguilla West End Village