“What an incredible view...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Miami Beach, Florida
“What an incredible view...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place was totally empty when we were there and we had terrible service, but the food quality, presentation and the view from the restaurant made up for the servers who seemed bothered to attend to us.

Southeast
“Poor food and no air.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very slow on a Saturday night in June. My wife ordered a glass of chardonnay that tasted like it came from a bottle that had been opened and sitting in a refrigerator for a week. My peppardelle was wholly unimpressive. She described her filetted branzino as "bad banquet food." Finally, even though it was a breezy night, the restaurant had absolutely no air circulation.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Seaside Northern Italian Delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped by Trattoria Tramonto at lunch to visit a new baech. The pasta was cooked to perfection and the sauce was flavorful but light. The fresh tuna was also very good. They made ice tea just for us that was the best on the Island. Service was great. And, Shoal Bay West-overlooking St. Marten was just beautiful. I would definitely go back for dinner.

Visited June 2013
“poor risotto but nice ambience- this is not an italian restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

i was very attracted to this restaurant after hearing about it from a friend and having visited the restaurant situated on Shoal Bay West. I am very critical of Italian food because I am an Italian citizen and have had some of the best italian food in Italy with my family who lives there. with all of that said, I must say that the risotto at this restaurant was poor--tasteless and over cooked. the ristotto came as a side to the branzino fish I ordered which was also tasteless with no sauce, just lemon and nothing more. for $36--i would have hoped for much much more. celebrity photos prominently displayed at the entrance give prospective customers a false sense of awe about this restaurant, which in my opinion is not italian at all. the chef was anguillan and clearly did not know how to cook. sorry. I will say that my husband loved the lobster ravioli with white truffle sauce. the one thing that was nice about this place was the staff and the ambience. we had left the restauant Dolce Vita because the staff there was just plain rude-- but the thing about Dolce Vita is that their chef actually was Italian and made a fabulous risotto al dente for me about a few days before. unfortunately, i could not stomach the rude staff there so we left. in a nutshell i just wanted to be treated kindly and we went to the trattoria instead but in the end I paid for it with bad risotto.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Arrived at 7:00 PM in early June on a Friday night. For almost an hour we were the ONLY ones there. Evenentually 2 others arrived. Nice location on a beach. Caprese salad was great and prosciutto with melon was outstanding. We both had home made tagliatelli Bolognese which was excellent. Tiramisu was good too. Can't believe there was nobody there, but truth be told every once in a while you get a whiff of something that smells like sewer. Could be the nearby stagnant pond but whatever it was was unpleasant.

• Visited June 2013