“The Cambridge Executive Stuies (Hotel) is the only place to stay in Hay River!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Executive Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Cambridge Executive Suites to your Saves list
Cambridge Executive Suites
28 Capital Drive, Hay River, Northwest Territories X0E 1G2, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hay River
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have stayed at another facility in Hay River and believe me, there is no comparison.... I found the Cambridge Executive Suite to be very clean, quiet, central, spacious and I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful.

The Cambridge Executive Suites(hotel) is the best place to stay in Hay River. It is a very popular place to stay, so book well in advance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the River. The Cambridge Executive Suites is popular with travelers, so book...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Encinitas, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I got to Hay River mid August 2011 and checked out a family suite for friends and me - my friends did not make it that day as they were delayed in their private airplanes due to bad weather, but we returned a week later and I asked to get the same suite that I had looked at before. I was told the same one was not available but the one available would have the exact same amenities, beds, and riverview. When we got to the suite it had one queen size room and one room with 2 twin beds. The suite was also smaller, the heater did not work, and it was not as updated as the previous one. We asked to get it changed to a suite with 2 room with queen beds (for 2 couples). They confirmed they had another suite available that fit our requirements, with all other terms staying the same as was negotiated before, including pricing. It turned out the suite did have 2 bedrooms with queen size beds, but the view was to the opposite side parking lot - oh well, we accepted it. The bellboy handed us one key and asked if we needed a 2nd key - we declined it as we would stay with the group, and we never received the 2nd key.
Upon check-out, they charged us more than what was agreed. I also received an email after check-out from the reservation office that we would have to pay $50 as a replacement fee for a lost key, as we did not turn in the 2nd key which was supposedly given to us. We explained repeatedly that we declined the 2nd key when rooms were switched, but they did not believe us. They are now still sending me the $50 invoice.
The place is administered by the same company that handles bookings for the Harbor House B&B, where I stayed for one night in mid August (when the rest of my group did not make it to Hay River). To my surprise I noticed a few days after the stay that my credit card was charged for 2 additional nights without consulting me first or getting my approval to charge my card. They did reverse the charge quickly after I complained and admitted they made a mistake but they should not charge a credit card without first checking with and obtaining approval of the card holder. I was also hit with foreign exchange fees for the transaction that were not reimbursed.
All in all, the stay at Cambridge was a pretty bad experience and I would definitly not recommend staying there unless they make changes to their staff. The facilities are acceptable, especially the top floor suite with riverview, which we never stayed at, was very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Cambridge Executive Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cambridge Executive Suites

Address: 28 Capital Drive, Hay River, Northwest Territories X0E 1G2, Canada
Location: Canada > Northwest Territories > Hay River
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hay River
The Cambridge Executive Building offers one and two bedroom suites as an alternative to the standard hotel room. All suites have a fully equipped kitchen, spacious dining area, comfortable living room, full size washroom facilities and a private balcony. We also provide secure, high speed internet access and satellite TV service for your enjoyment and business needs. The Cambridge Executive Building is conveniently located downtown on the banks of the Hay River. You will be within walking distance of everything you need ~ Local business for work or shopping ~ Meeting & conference facilities ~ Local Banks ~ Restaurants and lounges ~ Movie theatre ~ Recreation and Fitness Centre ~ Hair salon and pharmacy ~ Town Hall and Community Centre. Daily housekeeping service is provided and laundry services are available on request. For your comfort our facilities are non-smoking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cambridge Executive Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Cambridge Executive Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.