“Amazing 4 Wheel Adventure!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 7 Attractions in Cabrera
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Playa Grande Tours provides adventure tours including beach excursions, surf lessons, sea lion experiences, monkey jungle tour, zip line, four-wheeling, jeep safari, city and nightlife tours, fishing, and snorkeling excursions.
Jackson, Tennessee
“Amazing 4 Wheel Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed the 4-wheel adventure. This is a great tour that takes you through the ‘real’ Dominican Republic, out into the countryside and away from the resort. The scenery was gorgeous, just like something out of the movie Jurassic Park. We shared a four wheeler and took turns driving, it was easy to learn and we didn’t have any problems at all. If you have two bigger people, you might want to each get your own four wheeler, since some of the larger couples in our group weren’t very comfortable riding double. We had a tour guide in front of the group and another in the back to make sure no one got lost, so even when we went through the little town we felt safe. The guide stopped along the way to point out wild coconut, pineapple, and other tropical fruits, and we got to stop and tour a local school, which was really interesting. We did get a little wet and muddy, but we wanted to splash around in the river so it was worth it. I’m really glad we decided to do this excursion. We wanted something non-touristy and this was a great chance to experience a little of the local culture and get off the beaten path, would definitely recommend!

Visited March 2014

“Mountain/jungle horseback ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We did the mountain/jungle horseback ride with Danny and it was fantastic! The horses were great and well cared for and the ride was the perfect length for a new rider like me. The scenery and view from the top of the cliff were breathtaking! It was great to get away from the resort and experience complete quiet. I think our group were the only people for miles. This was a great excursion, my only suggestions would be to wear sunscreen and bugs pray, don't wear flip flops, and take a camera!

Visited March 2014
“A wonderful experience with great people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I did several tours with Tinto. The beach excursion was amazing, we went to the Caleton beach and just snorkeled and relaxed, and the food there was the best in the world! We also did the 4-wheeler tour and it was one of the highlights of the trip. And we did the Bacardi Island tour with the Sea Lion Experience, which was a once in a lifetime experience! We had such a wonderful time with Tinto, he definitely went above and beyond and took great care of us the whole time. He was also really helpful when bargaining for souvenirs and jewelry and took us to the local store to buy rum, way cheaper than in the resort!

Visited September 2013
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Tinto was so amazing and funny! The beaches were as beautiful as the zip line was exciting!! The beach lunch involved some of the best food from my trip. I will definitely be back!

Visited November 2013
Cabrera, Dominican Republic
“Zipline lagoon was a lot of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I did the zipline lagoon and Blue Lake tour and it was a lot of fun. The water was clear but very cold. The zipline drop into the lagoon was an experience of a lifetime and I´m really glad I got a chance to do that.

Visited December 2013